• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Absent

Oct 26, 2017
1uok8r.png

Last edited:

MMaRsu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The door was ajar! Larry just had to come in!

I am seriously loving this season!

OP
OP
Absent

Absent

Oct 26, 2017
(Also wanted to test out how the size works on this forum, I have to look into making this more custom).

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
This season has been one of the worst, if not the worst one. Having said that (lol) - it is still better than 99% of anything else on TV. But I hold Curb pretty damn high so this season has been generally disappointing by Curb standards.

The editing I feel is off. There are scenes that are just dull and not funny that would be cut in past seasons. Feels like Arrested Development season 4 with the longer episodes.

But as a lifelong Curb fan I can't see how anyone who has watched all seasons can say this is an amazing season.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad this is back. The first episode even aired on my birthday, what a gift.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've seen three, not sure how many are ou atm. but it has been brilliant again.

Larry David is a treasure.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
This season has been one of the worst, if not the worst one. Having said that (lol) - it is still better than 99% of anything else on TV. But I hold Curb pretty damn high so this season has been generally disappointing by Curb standards.

The editing I feel is off. There are scenes that are just dull and not funny that would be cut in past seasons. Feels like Arrested Development season 4 with the longer episodes.

But as a lifelong Curb fan I can't see how anyone who has watched all seasons can say this is an amazing season.
This Season is way better than Season 5. I could gloss over Season 5 as if it never existed. God bless Season 6

i'm liking Season 9 but I do acknowledge that Larry David is entering into an exaggerated version of himself just as the cast of Seifneld did during its later seasons

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
The show hasn't skipped a beat, in my opinion. Zany and over-the-top? When hasn't it been? haha

Also, just found out episodes 1-4 had leaked (HBO hack) way back in August. Glad to see it was unbeknownst to most of the 'net. No spoilers for us!

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I agree, it may be a bit less grounded, but it was never particularly grounded aside from the first few.
While this season is not my favorite it's been pretty pretty good, and much better than any other comedy on the air.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I agree, it may be a bit less grounded, but it was never particularly grounded aside from the first few.
While this season is not my favorite it's been pretty pretty good, and much better than any other comedy on the air.

Glad to see you made it to Reset. I can't forget name like yours. ;)

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see you made it to Reset. I can't forget name like yours. ;)
Likewise. I remember seeing your old Pig avatar elsewhere and being impressed. I must admit, however, that's I'm a bit behind on Pig's work. I haven't checked out the Gospel yet, but loved everything he did prior to that.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping someone would start this thread

definitely not my favorite season, but I've enjoyed every episode still. Mostly, I find the fatwa stuff pretty dumb

other than Larry walking around in that ridiculous disguise, of course

Pakesaker

Oct 25, 2017
Omaha, NE
I feel like the first three episodes have gotten progressively better. When Larry says, "I hope you're enjoying truffle season", I lost it.

Oct 25, 2017
Eh I didn't like the last Ep..

Jeff just casually cheats on Susie, like it's no thing? That's not very Curb like....

Then you got a teenager's funeral and LArry is telling a crying (mother?) to Shut the fuck up, really, that's funny?

I mean the show has always been edgy , and very crude at times, but the edginess was done a lot smarter before...And you really didn't care about the people LArry went off on, they were dicks...

And as much as I admire Cranston's acting, This season is just too full of celebrity cameos, and it's kinda getting tiring, Love Cranston, don't get me wrong, but Honestly, they should cast less popualr actors/comedians to make the show feel a bit more real and authentic.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Likewise. I remember seeing your old Pig avatar elsewhere and being impressed. I must admit, however, that's I'm a bit behind on Pig's work. I haven't checked out the Gospel yet, but loved everything he did prior to that.

Not to derail the thread, The Gospel and Prey & Obey (EP) is Pig's best work ever. (And he's already working on another LP.)

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Jeff just casually cheats on Susie, like it's no thing? That's not very Curb like....

Then you got a teenager's funeral and LArry is telling a crying (mother?) to Shut the fuck up, really, that's funny?

Unless I'm misremembering, I'm pretty sure Jeff has done that before in earlier seasons.

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Loved the last episode, best one of the season for me, a lot more focused and low key than the previous ones, even if Larry's behavior at the funeral (telling the crying woman to shut up) felt a little off. Was fine with the funeral itself so, that was pretty good.

Squiggely

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unless I'm misremembering, I'm pretty sure Jeff has done that before in earlier seasons.

He did indeed.

I'm enjoying the show more as it goes on, didn't really feel the first couple of episodes. Felt more like a collection of blooper takes with Larry (badly) trying to hold his laughs in. Last episode was great though.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not to derail the thread, The Gospel and Prey & Obey (EP) is Pig's best work ever. (And he's already working on another LP.)
I'll have to check those out.

Jeff has always been very ambivalent about cheating. If Susie were not such a monster I think it might make his character less sympathetic.

spindashing

Oct 25, 2017
Queens, New York
I definitely had to look away from the screen when Larry was telling that grieving woman to be quiet during the funeral. The cringe was unreal, I felt like shriveling up into a corner of my seat.

It was perfect.

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw the first episode of Season 9.

Was fantastic. Leon is still dope as hell, but the first scene with him was odd. He looked much older and felt much slower than usual, but for some reason later in the show he went back to normal.

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
First Larry's involvement with a hooker gets someone saved from murder charges irl, and then
they get someone killed in show

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I mean the show has always been edgy , and very crude at times, but the edginess was done a lot smarter before...And you really didn't care about the people LArry went off on, they were dicks...

And as much as I admire Cranston's acting, This season is just too full of celebrity cameos, and it's kinda getting tiring, Love Cranston, don't get me wrong, but Honestly, they should cast less popualr actors/comedians to make the show feel a bit more real and authentic.
Did you forget Jeff sleeping with Funkhauser's sister and then getting her institutionalized when she told everyone?

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Season's been pretty good so far. Best line was in episode 2.

"This mothafucka even sees a stone fruit, he's gonna eat it."

Nearly died at that.

smoothj

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely loving this season. I actually skipped a ton of seasons so I'll be going back and watching those soon.

What's been the best season of this series? I tho j I've o my watch the first 2 actually.

Should I just stop now and start from scratch? This shit is hilarious.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017

I thought every series had celebrity cameos everywhere? I think this series is a good as the other so far.

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really loved the last episode. The memorial was simply histerical. Funkhouser should absolutely cut Larry from his life but he won't lol.