• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Really good article about a few things. The future of Curb in the age of Corona, how the lockdown killed the actual Latte Larry's pop up store they were going to put up, Chaz Bono and other celebs and Bob Einstein (Funkhouser).

'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Boss Opens Up About "Prophetic" Season 10 Finale Amid Pandemic
I also wanted to ask you about Bob Einstein, who died in January 2019, and his Marty Funkhouser character this season. You brought back Joey Funkhouser and introduced Freddy Funkhouser (Vince Vaughn), and said on the show that Marty was out of the country. Why did you decide to keep the spirit of Marty alive this season?

Bob's passing caught us by surprise. We were in the middle of shooting the season and we had heard some really hopeful news that he was going to be ready to go in a month. This was right before Christmas of last year. And then things took a turn. We had pushed a lot of story thinking that we would save this and that for Bob. Then when it was clear he wasn't coming back, we did a whole bunch of gymnastics to figure out how we were going to tell these stories with other people. But amid all of that, it was way too soon and we loved him too much to say that he had actually passed away on the show. And maybe just because we didn't want to admit that he was gone, it was easier to say, "Oh, he's in China. He'll be back."

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
I hope Hamm comes back next season seeking revenge on Larry because he's become too much like him now and can't get any gigs.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
Just binged the entire show and am going through season 10. I found out from this thread that a lot of the scenes and dialogue are improvised and it just made it even funnier. Is that weird lol

Kalamour

Oct 25, 2017
Just binged the entire show and am going through season 10. I found out from this thread that a lot of the scenes and dialogue are improvised and it just made it even funnier. Is that weird lol
From what I understand pretty much everything is improvised. Dialogues are not written, only the scenes and bits. I agree that it does make it funnier because you can see the actors playing with each other and surprising each other.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
They have the episode script and some times plans for some specific jokes to hit.

Does Curb improvise based on an outline?
Yeah, it's seven pages long and is essentially the story of the show, and not very much of it is dialogue. I may get one line that Larry will write per episode that he wants me to say. Other than that, I know the story and I know what has to be said and I just say it.

www.vulture.com

How Curb Your Enthusiasm Scripts Go From Outline to Episode

Jeff Garlin explains Curb’s improvisation-based process, and how it relates to his own comedy.

"We get the outlines but there's an outline, a 7-page-long outline and there's maybe a paragraph about what each scene is about. But there's no dialogue written. It will just say 'Larry and Jeff are eating at a Palestinian chicken restaurant talking about how great the chicken is.' The story is there, but there is no dialogue," Sussie added.

www.distractify.com

These Are the Tricks Larry David and the Creators of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Swear By

Is 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' improvised? What's Larry David's secret? These are the most frequently used methods the creators of the show swear by.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
That's crazy. So I guess crediting the genius writing to Larry isn't fully accurate lol

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
It must be a very interesting process for guests. Have you seen the Jon Hamm ep yet? That was so good.
Yea just finished the season this morning. Knowing that a lot of it is improv makes it even more amazing. I started watching their faces and mannerisms more and its so funny. When Jon started to go LD on Lewis I busted out laughing. I might have to immediately rewatch the series with this new information in my mind.

There better be a season 11. I NEED revenge on Vanilla Joe and Alice.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loving the first 4 episodes. The ending of episode 4 is probably one of the best of the show

giphy.gif

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome!!!!!! I hope they give Leon a more diverse role, he and Larry are the best when together. Looking forward to the revenge on Mocha Joe, lol!!!

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Glad there will be another season, just finished season 10 a few weeks ago thought it was brilliant.