• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Definitely the weakest episode of the season. "Larry gives something away only to want it back later" is funny the first 100 times. Vince Vaughn talking shit about Jeff's "what if the baby was hitler Of the future?"

"We have a totally believable story until you threw in that sci-fi!"

Oct 27, 2017
Did the show ever completely cutaway to supporting characters before? The scenes between Jeff and Suzie, and Joe and Ted seemed oddly out of place. I'm wracking my brain but I can't think of any previous sequences in earlier seasons that were completely devoid of Larry (even if he was the topic of conversation).

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
All right ending... I liked the season but a lot of scenes, jokes, and characters in general felt half finished. A lot of small bits vs a more cohesive story. Oh well.

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Good finale. They did the best they could at tying all this together. Overall probably my favourite season (may be recency bias). I really hope we get more.

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Season as a whole was phenomenal, Leon and Richard being the major highlights for me. I am extremely shocked that the men's urinals never became a major plot point lol. Especially during this finale where they dangled Joey's dick in front of us the whole time. I lost a bet to myself, Joey still packing heat.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
JB Smoove better get his Emmy finally for this season. Can't think of anyone more deserving.

Disappointed we didn't get more of Ted Danson's movie career.

Last edited:

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I do wonder if things were changed after Bob Einstein's death. I'm pretty sure he filmed some of this?
I didn't think he filmed any scenes. I found a quote from Jeff.

"That ... sucked," Garlin told the Daily News of Einstein's passing. "We had already started [filming]. What happened was, he had pneumonia and he couldn't come in, and then he was getting better, and he was diagnosed with cancer and he was dead like maybe a few weeks later.

"We were preparing for him to come back," Garlin adds. "He was included in the storyline. But also, you're talking about somebody who was a close friend of mine and Larry's, really close, so it hit us not only creatively, but it hit us on a much deeper level personally."

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Was fun to see Larry get his comeuppance at the end like that, especially as I felt like he was more of an overt asshole this season than in previous ones.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't enjoy the finale that much, but loved him blocking the fire engine and how his shop was the perfect example of how to create a fire. I should have seen that coming really.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope we get season 11. LD's comedy is exactly the type I like, and I love the supporting characters. His bromance with Leon is easily the best in any comedy I've seen.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
That was pretty okay. Certainly not the best of the season. Great cameos.

Was excited to see Paul Scheer show up as well. Would have loved more of him being annoying.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
That was a good ending to a great season.

So much good stuff in this ep. The cameos, especially Mila Kunis. The doctors fighting. "No surgery for you!" I was glad they didn't go for the obvious toilet setup with Joey, and instead went that different direction with the spite house, that was great.

Just a shame there was no Richard Lewis in this one.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I'm going to sub with HBO Now again if there is another season of Curb. This was marginally better than Season 9, the latter of which I think is actively pretty bad.

This show is past it. It gave a last beautiful burst of creative energy in Season 8, and for me, the show would have been perfect ending there, with Larry exiled to Paris and arguing over social faux pas with the locals.

This show really misses Bob Einstein. That combined with what felt like less Jeff Garlin screentime really hurt this season for me. JB Smoove was fantastic in support, and Richard Lewis had a couple of the funniest lines, but the supporting cast is weak (and whatever happened to Wanda Sykes?).

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know the brand of licorice that Larry stole from the BMW dealership?

BackLogJoe

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I could watch a season of nothing but Larry and Leon discussing shit. Maybe they should do a podcast in character. Lol.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
26562.jpg

Zip Stick

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
The bit where Larry repeated the line about the large penis knocking over the cup was great. This season felt like there were maybe too many ideas per episode, so some of them didn't pay-off as well as others. Think I enjoyed it better than 9 overall, hoping for another season down the line.

Sounds

Oct 27, 2017

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Good season overall but the last two episodes were probably the weakest for me -- no Cheryl, Ted, or Richard in the finale? Eh. Spite store pay-off was fine but maybe a little too much, even for Curb.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Didn't really like the ending or the season overall. Early episodes were fantastic but the arc wasn't satisfying and the formula started to burst at the seams at the end.

I hope it's not the final season because the show deserves going out in a bang, not a whimper.

Sanjuro

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I thought the season was excellent. The last couple episodes were over ambitious and couldn't fully execute every angle. The few before that were some of the best the show has ever seen.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
I still think last season was worst. JB and the Suze were the standouts this season. The finale, like much of the season, was good and funny, but I was expecting the issues with women to come back in a more pointed way that really felt like a zinger at the end of the season. I dunno—it was good and funny and the show's done 10 seasons. I feel bad for nitpicking beyond that when things are so grim.

Moose the Fattest Cat

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I thought the season was pretty pretty pretty good.... 3 out of 5 "pretty"s

I was hoping for more of the Cheryl storyline but I did like how everything came together this time in the last episode.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I have to say that it really bummed me out that Mocha Joe "won" and that Latte Larry's burned down. I loved it and I wish it was a real place I could visit.