• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I thought Larry was going to lease that place next door and just put up a MAGA sign so no one would want to be seen at Mocha Joe's, but I guess it'll be part of a season long arc.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
8.5/10 episode. Absolutely incredible how effortlessly this show comes back

Favorite bits:
  • Larry's nose-test had me dying (the goose line)
    [*]Larry randomly pushing/breaking anything in his path
    [*]Jeff getting mistaken for Weinstein
They have to have a Funkhauser funeral episode, right? Especially given Larry's...history...with dead Funkhauser relatives.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
MAGA hat bit was A+.

Cheryl Hines is great but I have no desire to see a plotline with them getting back together. Larry's Lattes/"the spite store" has some potential as a season-long deal though.

Oct 25, 2017
Larry is out of fucking control as a single man living with Leon. He just oversteps bounds like a motherfucker.

As soon as he decided to use the MAGA hat as a people repellent, I was like, fuck no, that's a step too far. Then this dude actually did it.

I'm not a Cheryl fan, but he needs her back. Someone has to put reins on this man.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
MAGA hat bit was A+.

Cheryl Hines is great but I have no desire to see a plotline with them getting back together. Larry's Lattes/"the spite store" has some potential as a season-long deal though.

Yeah I agree the Cheryl/Larry getting back together thing isn't that promising. But Curb has a great sense for not tiring out plotlines and throwing curveballs so no real worry.

'Spite Store' is amazing - shades of Jerry returning a jacket out of spite in Seinfeld.

Oct 25, 2017
MAGA hat might be easy to mine but it's instant gold

"What are you, a fucking goose?"

Sometimes Richard Lewis has the funniest lines

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Great first episode! I was rolling the whole episode starting with the blacksmith line. The Weinstein stuff was great and Leon continues to be the absolute best...

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
is there an official s10 thread?
that was such a fucking good opening episode
SO many jokes lined up to have payoffs during the season

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
that was great
I actually felt uncomfortable last season because I thought Jeff looked so much like Weinstein, I am so happy they made a joke out of that lmao

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
Great episode. Though things like Larry breaking that selfie stick seemed really out of place. I much prefer the show when Larry is morally right, but just digs his own grave in that way he goes about being right.

Also, a bit nervous on how Larry will handle a season long "me too" plot, but if he continues doing hilarious shit like the coffee nose test, I can handle it.

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Great episode. Though things like Larry breaking that selfie stick seemed really out of place. I much prefer the show when Larry is morally right, but just digs his own grave in that way he goes about being right.

Also, a bit nervous on how Larry will handle a season long "me too" plot, but if he continues doing hilarious shit like the coffee nose test, I can handle it.
this is the last season of curb
all the meetoo stuff catches up to him and he ends up in jail by the end
seinfeld finale all over again

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is with Larry breaking selfie sticks and knock over scooters?

The man is a menace to society.

Apr 24, 2018
Already better than most of the last season. Very good start. The Jeff side-plot is hilarious.
Agreed. I got to crash for a weekend for a couple nights so I was able to catch this much sooner than expected. This felt more like a vintage and memorable Curb ep than anything from last weekend to me. I was looking at an episode synopsis from the previous season and barely remembered anything, because none of it was particularly memorable to me. The running subplots for this season could be fantastic, as well.

Garfield

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
I did miss Bob, his voice just brings it together in the group scenes. thought they may of made a scene about his death

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
Excellent episode. It had a real pace and sense of joy. It felt differently directed - there seemed to be more movement and energy (in a good way!)

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
-Larry breaking the selfie stick and pushing the bikes to the ground
-Harvey Weinstein's twin
-You don't need to call her when you land, if there's a crash we will know about it
-MAGA hat
-Coffee nose test

This episode is an instant classic

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Such a good first episode. Shit had me rolling.

Never made the Weinstein connection and now I cant unsee it.

Staab

Oct 28, 2017
Amazing first episode, great premise and execution was flawless.

What the fuck was up with Lincoln Suzy, haha, the Larry & Cheryl bit about Suzy wearing a piece of curtain and Jeff's laugh just killed me.

Also "what are you, my mother?" "fuck yeah I am; this is tapping hours - who the fuck you tapping?"
I loved how angry Leon got just because Larry didn't want to tell him, classic.

Oct 25, 2017
This is a bit obvious, but:

Ted begins to suspect something is going on. Finds the green cloth and wonders where it came from. Sees Larry cleaning his glasses with similar cloth, nails him.

Larry and Cheryl continue to see each other, but #metoo stuff eventually sinks him

I'm also guessing they'll do a nod to Bob Einstein, but I don't think they'll make light of it. I trust Larry (the person, not the character) to do something in good taste but still funny. He managed to mock Julie Louis-Dreyfus' cancer while still being sympathetic somehow.

Talk to RatskyWatsky about it - not up to me!
Gotcha, my bad. Thought you were still Mod of the North

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just saw the first episode holy shit i haven't laughed this hard in a while. Still king of television.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I...had no idea there was a new season until just now. Looks like I know what I'm watching tonight!

Seems that there's a scene where people confuse Jeff for Harvey Weinstein. I've said to my wife before that Weinstein looks like a slimy version of Jeff. Glad to know I'm not the only one!