• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
The only thing I didn't like is I don't think the ending really landed in the satisfying Seinfeld / Curb "everything comes together at the end" way. The payoff being that the maître d' admitted there was an ugly section, and the son of a doctor thing just felt contrived compared to most Curb endings... and the implication wasn't even that funny either, the kid was pretty smart so he was just going to go what, help the person that's sick?

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I didn't like is I don't think the ending really landed in the satisfying Seinfeld / Curb "everything comes together at the end" way. The payoff being that the maître d' admitted there was an ugly section, and the son of a doctor thing just felt contrived compared to most Curb endings... and the implication wasn't even that funny either, the kid was pretty smart so he was just going to go what, help the person that's sick?

I think the joke was him being a son of a doctor qualified him to provide medical advice. Many in the episode accepted this as fact.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Great episode although I don't believe for one second that Larry has never known that he doesn't fully belong in the ugly section of restaurants, online dating, parties, and all other social gatherings. He knows and has always known, that bald fuck. Suzy being smug about being in the pretty section was hilarious though.

Another vague callback reference was to the Seinfeld episode where they talk about how 95% of people are ugly and George thinks he is one of the 5%. He really is Larry!

the mugging was very blaise, I kinda expected both to be a bit more freaked out by a guy holding a gun to them. NYC Larry yeah, I can see that, but LA Larry and Richard Lewis?

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sweet dee and john hamm next week? This season is laying it on thick with cameos but that works for me

e: on second thought, doesn't look like Kaitlin Olson is playing herself

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
The only thing I didn't like is I don't think the ending really landed in the satisfying Seinfeld / Curb "everything comes together at the end" way. The payoff being that the maître d' admitted there was an ugly section, and the son of a doctor thing just felt contrived compared to most Curb endings...
Perhaps on purpose? With so many callbacks in this ep to previous Seinfeld's, makes sense the ending would wrap in a similar way.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't there also an episode where George or Elaine get a guard at a store fired by getting him a chair so he can relax? The bathroom storyline reminded me of that. It feels like there have been a few bits that have direct Seinfeld analogs this season.

The ep where Clive Owen loses his confidence because no one cries in the audience is like when George is dating the pianist and Jerry puts the PEZ dispenser on Elaine's leg making her laugh in the middle of her performance.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
It was obviously meant to be on the nose. Purposefully over the top and completely self-aware. I loved it.

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
I loved this episode. It's been a great season so far.

On the Seinfeld callbacks, George gets a busboy fired in season 2 or 3 and Kramer's mom is a matron. They keep coming. But Curb has always done that. The car periscope comes up on Seinfeld, too.
"You look like Einstein's gardener for Christ's sake"

That line killed me.

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
This week's episode was a slip for me, but there were still plenty of laughs.

Larry realizing that me may be ugly had me howling.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
The Mocha Joe's scene replaying itself identically with Jon Hamm, culminating in the nose dip had me absolutely dying.

"Doesn't even hurt!"

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Jon's body language in the background was just fantastic. The facepalm when Larry asked about the Chinese food... chef's kiss

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I really hope they come back to the Jon Hamm plotline in a potential future season. Maybe show a clip from the "movie".

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Man, Larry would have been so proud of that Mocha Joe's scene.

I think John Hamm may be my favorite guest star of the show up to this point.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Fucking classic. I also love it when Larry goes into hysterics. That fucking pizza accident hypothetical lmao

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Jon Hamm has such fantastic comedic chops. Every comedy role he has is gold and this was no exception. best episode of the season