• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Thanks for sharing, that was a great article. No one should be surprised how much better China is handling this than the idiot in the White House.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
that his that his that his that his

It's mind boggling to me that he eve has a shred of a chance of being reelected.

Oct 27, 2017
Very interesting. I always thought that even Trump would be able to brute-force China into backing down eventually simply because the US is by far the bigger economy, but it sounds like the scale of Trump's mismanagement means China can realistically win this war of attrition, which is insane.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Really good and informative article.
Also, I think there was a recent deep dive on NPR/APM Marketplace that took time-scale into consideration, figuring how much each entity could sort of torque the numbers comfortably.
Trump may be gone in a year. Xi Jinping is essentially President for life.
China doesn't need to move so dramatically to, as noted above this post, win a war of attrition.
Hell, in less than a year the Trump Administration has has dumped half the value of the 6-year long auto bailout into the MFP (USDA Market Facilitation Program / Farm subsidy). In dollars and cents, China is kicking our ass.

Kmonk

#TeamThierry
Oct 30, 2017
US
A government following a detailed plan from an army of skilled economists outmaneuvers one man following his gut. Who would have thought?

Sarcasm aside I found the article extremely helpful and informative. Thanks for posting, OP.

ethranes

A King's Landing
Oct 27, 2017
Great quote from the article that sums up the situation between the countries;

"England had the industrial revolution. The French just talked. They had the verbal revolution."

Trump is claiming a rhetorical triumph, while China wages a rout.