Custom Steam Grid / Banner Thread

Devin

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't find one for Quadrilateral Cowboy, so I made one myself using the official poster.

I don't do a ton of image editing, so it's not blended very well, but it's good enough for me until someone else releases something better.

Last edited:

Devin

Oct 27, 2017
A couple of alternative animated Eliza banners:

And some non-animated banners.

Bytepath:

War Tech Fighters:

Desktop Dungeons:

Train Valley:

Last edited:

Devin

Oct 27, 2017
Someone on Reddit is compiling a list of all animated PNGs for the new Steam beta that they've found so far:

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Quick question. Do I need to store the files on my PC at all times?

Because a few days ago, all of my custom grids are gone because I deleted the files before.

iverdawg

Mar 8, 2018
So is there still a way to add original banners? Because I use Big Picture and that still uses the old template, so these new fancy banners don't carry over to that.

itsamiracle

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
An extensive sheet with animated covers, by reddit user Deytron from /r/steamgrid

edit: Already posted, apologies.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Not bad! Aspect ratio seems to be the hard part due to the original image's size etc. so thanks for making it :3

An extensive sheet with animated covers, by reddit user Deytron from /r/steamgrid

edit: Already posted, apologies.
I just now saw it so thanks to you and Devin for linking to it :3
Woolooloo!

Devin

Oct 27, 2017
SteamGridDB now supports APNG

Also, I created a few grids, mostly for non-Steam games (Roguelight, 3am, Visual Out, All Our Asias, Severance: Blade of Darkness, and Bob Came in Pieces)

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Thanks, I'll test the first one tou :3

Yeah that one's good, granted, the ninja's head had be cropped but it si easier to look at :3

Battlechili

Oct 26, 2017
United States
As a request, would anyone be willing to make a couple these for me?
In particular, for the games Mary Skelter Nightmares, Omega Quintet, Sorcery Saga, and Cave Story+

Chestbridge

Oct 29, 2017
I really wish we could name the files after the game's content ID and throw them in a custom folder so Steam could pick them up automatically. Come on, Valve, it can't be that difficult!

Edit: apparently you can!

Last edited:

Devin

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish we could name the files after the game's content ID and throw them in a custom folder so Steam could pick them up automatically. Come on, Valve, it can't be that difficult!
<steam directory>\userdata\<your steam id>\config\grid
For the new grid icons, the images should be <gameid>p.png