• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Employees have been fired

The widely publicized episode at a Cheesecake Factory restaurant in Miami occurred on Sunday, with a Daily Wire report quoting multiple witnesses as saying that the customer, Eugenior Joseph, had been surrounded by about a dozen Cheesecake employees. Joseph told the conservative news site that one employee tried to physically intimidate him, while others were "screaming things at me."

Company says that the incident has been overblown:

"Not all of the information reported by the media accurately portrays what occurred," a Cheesecake Factory spokesperson told CBS MoneyWatch in a statement. "The situation may have been exacerbated by an all-staff meeting that took place during our shift change between our staff members working the lunch and dinner shifts – which may have been perceived as a crowd gathering near the guests' tables."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cheesecake-factory-maga-hat-incident-overblown/

UPDATE: Could not find other sources, apparently all comes from the Daily Wire report, so take the sources with a grain of salt. Also the only interview is FOX News.

Last edited:

Branu

Banned
Feb 7, 2018
Good. Uncle Tom deserved it. Wear that hat around me, you will have a problem.

Kamiyouni

Oct 30, 2017
The thing about the left is that if you disagree with them politically then they label you as an evil entity. Once you're labeled as evil then they have the right to treat you any way they feel which is wrong. It's unfortunate that we can't even be around d people we disagree with but that seems to be the social-political discourse.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I think anybody that wears a hat like that is a piece of shit, but, they don't deserve to be harassed while they eat and the employees should have been fired.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
"Everybody was disappointed, Mother's Day was completely ruined."

well yeah you went to the cheesecake factory what did you expect

Oct 25, 2017
The thing about the left is that if you disagree with them politically then they label you as an evil entity. Once you're labeled as evil then they have the right to treat you any way they feel which is wrong. It's unfortunate that we can't even be around d people we disagree with but that seems to be the social-political discourse.
This is a solid derail. No one knows if these people are on the left or the right or if an incident actually happened. Regardless, this post is a stupid generalization

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
It sounds like the guy was trying to draw attention to himself. The employees that were harassing him were rightly fired since he was still a paying customer. But the guy just sounds like he wanted attention.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He gets to be a public troll AND got "libtards" fired AND Go on TV playing the persecution complex AND we're talking about this nobody now?

Sounds like a major win for him

Stephen

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah man, it's really shitty when someone groups people into monolithic groups and make way to generalized of statements that are guaranteed to misrepresent a huge portion of that group.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
It is always transparent as hell when Fox News pretends to care about black people.
Those of us who are willing to do a little soft-shoe for sure do get a lot of airtime.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Dudes so far gone in the sunken place.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
More and more factories are losing jobs under this politically correct administration.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I've got Trumpers as customers.

I give them the same service and accomdations as my moral customers.

Oct 25, 2017

Versus what, the right that doesn't label people who think differently as evil? Nice try, little one.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hate what the hat stands for but you can't be doing that at work.

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Half of me is "come on, just let him wear his stupid cap" and the other half is "wearing a ballcap in a restaurant is incredibly tacky as is."

Branu

Banned
Feb 7, 2018
Yes. But I think I misunderstood your post, as the employees were fired and you said "good".

Never mind me.

Ahh, no. I was applauding them for confronting him. Shame they were fired, but at least they took a stand.

A MAGA hat isn't a political statement; it's a threat against my life.

I think anybody that wears a hat like that is a piece of shit, but, they don't deserve to be harassed while they eat and the employees should have been fired.

Anyone wearing a MAGA hat in plain view, knowing what it symbolizes, deserves to be harassed from any setting.

drog

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
50zfPyM.jpg

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I hate Fox news as much as the next guy, but I don't think ANYTHING gives you the right to harass me simply because you disagree with my views on politics.
I think the thing I hate most about this time period is how white supremacy is now just a political view that should be tolerated like any other.
I've got Trumpers as customers.

I give them the same service and accomdations as my moral customers.
I like this.

OP
OP

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017

I believe that at this time and age, the very sight of a MAGA hat is more of a statement really. Not only perceived , but actually evil (not person, the idea behind the hat).

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Look I get the guy is a douche for wearing the hat, but if he wasn't doing anything then just let the guy eat his meal. Judge him. Maybe even make a comment at him, but there is no need to actually harass the person if they are being civil. All you are doing is proving their warped asinine views that they clearly already have correct.

But if he is spouting Trumper bullshit and behaving like an ass then yeah that's different.

Branu

Banned
Feb 7, 2018
User Banned (3 Days): Repeatedly advocating for the use of force across multiple threads
Let people be ignorant. A MAGA hat helps the rest of society identify the people who are not worth wasting time on. It's actually a major help.

Acting as if it's acceptable for someone to wear a MAGA hat in public only helps normalize these people. Anyone wearing one absolutely has to be confronted and forced either to take it off or leave the premises. It's not a game.

Oct 29, 2017
The hat is stupid, and it's stupid to wear them. But I mean, the employees deserve to have been fired for harassing a customer that wasn't doing anything (unless he was, i dunno).

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017

No, you're an "evil entity" because you support an evil, vile, racist, sexist, worthless piece of shit human being and proudly wear his stupid fucking hat.

And how the fuck would you know whether any of the employees are part of "the left"?