• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
giphy.gif

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Are they generally friendly? Our version of the possum is quite mean.

Though they can be somewhat cute.

opossum%20with%20young38RGB.jpg
You kidding? We've got these ones around us (NY, pretty sure they're called Virginia or White-Faced Opossums here) and they're great! Skittish, but never aggressive. Don't carry any major diseases or parasites and won't even bite if you happen to pick them up. Plus they get rid of ticks. I love these little guys.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
iAFngRS.jpg

I would straight up murder if it meant I could have a red panda as a bestie

Red Pandas are like the ONE animal where I think "Could we just make an exception and domesticate just 1 more animal? Just this one? I looks like a Pokemon, everything in my being says it could be be chill af and I"ve never seen one be mean!"

Then I remember Bull Dogs and that breed of dachshund cats and think "Oh yeah, humans are the fuckin worse when we try to play god with other animals. Live free Red Panda ... may our fuckery end with Cats, dogs and the animals we eat"

Oct 25, 2017
Raccoons are a clear cut #1. Rescuing them out of my trash can every once in a while is a great feeling. One time I even had two of them!

Also opossums get a bad rap and are not as bad as people think.

arcadepc

Banned
Dec 28, 2019
Bush babies! Even nazi generals use them. Watch also the 60s Canadian movie based on the novel by W. Stevenson, though it has some era bias

comeandsee3.jpg

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
American Possums are mean? I picked one up when I was in high school (it got somewhere it shouldn't be).

I did hold it by its scruff, which you're apparently not supposed to do but I was also holding it from its rump too, so I wasn't applying tension to its scruff, so hopefully it was okay.

Another time, I startled one hanging out on a family member's front porch and it started making weird possum noises at me, so I shooed it away.

Why didn't you give it a massage?

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah raccoons are cuties. I see em climb into the sewer gutter a bunch so that's a helpful disincentive from the pet me siren call.
Skunks and squirrels are also pet level ferals.