• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is the Cutest Character of 2018?

• Astro Bot from Astro Bot Rescue Mission

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Isabelle from Smash Ultimate

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Kirby From Kirby Star Allies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palico from Momnster Hunter World

• Ralsei from Deltarune

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Screw GOTY. This is the opinion that really matters!
Another year another set of set of games with Kirby in them.... grr Kirby. But other cute characters too. In your opinion which was the cutest character to be in a game this year.

DISCLAIMER: Before you post please remember. The word cute can mean many things to many people. But its important to recognize that puppies can be cute but not in the same way as the guy or girl you want to bang at the coffee shop is cute. A year ago many people said that Kat of gravity Rush fame was cute and there is nothing wrong with that. Cuteness can be based not only on appearance but also personality and behavior. Kat is a case of being borderline acceptable. In the same thread many people offered that 2B and A2 were cute and it should be obvious this isn't the intention of that definition in this particular case. Let's not get too sexual in a cute thread.

If you ask me a good contender would be: Astrobots

astro-bot-rescue-missio-5bb46d1b45df5.jpg

I mean.... they are cute little bots and you gotta rescue them. What more do you need you souless poop?

Another good nomination is: Madeline

28435589_394662054327759_4943581205363687424_n.jpg

Madeline is cute mostly because of her sprite but also her strong willed personality is very endearing.

Remember the game has to have been released this year. With enough consensus perhaps a poll can be made.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
probably spider-bot but the peel p50 from horizon 4 is super close

latest

8w2cowgt29p11.png

these two are just somethin' else i tell ya. i can't decide

Last edited:

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I was going to say Kirby since Smash Bros released this year, but seeing your thread header... uhm...

Edit: Oh yeah, Ralsei from Deltarune I guess.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
main.png

Technically he's a new Pichu since Melee's Pichu evolved into the Pikachu seen from Brawl onwards.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
Ultimate did a good job at making Roy cuter than ever.
Roy_SSBU.png

I was not expecting his English voice to sound as lovely as it does!

For a non "i'm romantically attracted to this character" example. I like all the Konami reference Bombermen in Super Bomberman R, a solid chunk of which were introduced this year.
tumblr_pfd66cWK0X1r25dk8o1_250.gif
tumblr_pfd66cWK0X1r25dk8o2_250.gif

OP
OP
Kyra

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
probably spider-bot but the peel p50 from horizon 4 is super close

latest

8w2cowgt29p11.png

these two are just somethin' else i tell ya. i can't decide

Funnily enough i had ablast driving around in these things with a good friend and i picked the one with the goofy smile on the right. They are pretty damn cute. That first thing is a spid though.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Isabelle in Smash is canonically the cutest. No one is as happy and brutal as Isabelle

maxresdefault.jpg

NeatCharmingIberianemeraldlizard-size_restricted.gif

The Mii costume doesn't count, it's just straight up creepy

VeISdcz.jpg

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Yeah, the little interactions Astro does with you, especially when he gets stuck to your headset, puts him at the top for me. Absolutely adorable.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Myla from Hollow Knight:
latest

Hmmm hmm hmm hmm baba yalu...

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Aunt May from Spider-Man PS4. She's the cutest. What a compassionate woman.

latest

I'm glad you found the shot of her where her eyes are doing two different things in a 'cute' thread.

I'm not the biggest fan of her ALBW design (still adore the TP one most). But I love to get a smiley/happy Zelda over the saintly matriarch. x)

oh yeah fuckit, these two win. That game is absolutely precious/
giphy.gif

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Oof. You guys are suckers for expressive TV screen eyes, haha. Astrobot is a hideous character design, it looks like exactly what it is: a tech demo character that got his own game (which is phenomenal). I'd have to go with one of the many cute Palicos from Monster Hunter, or Paolumu when it's puffed up

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
Pretty sure Eevee is the cutest thing on the planet. Single handedly improved my opinion on Let's Go. Its voice is absolutely adorable.

Jawbreaker

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Oof. You guys are suckers for expressive TV screen eyes, haha. Astrobot is a hideous character design, it looks like exactly what it is: a tech demo character that got his own game (which is phenomenal). I'd have to go with one of the many cute Palicos from Monster Hunter, or Paolumu when it's puffed up

Psht, Astro is totally cute, especially when you see how expressive he is in-game.

3sscqCU.gif

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Pierre and Jill's new picture in Pop'n Music Peace is the cutest

Honestly all the new pictures are great, really like the style they went with

Just notice all 3 are winking lol

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Shout-outs to Yoku from Yoku's Island Express:

h2x1_nswitchds_yokusi91e9c.jpg

Yarny (and Blue Yarny) from Unravel 2:

vamers-gaming-unravelbaeri.jpg

And BK from Donut County:

t8g9acwvdk4lrqkcpsqpk7xdfc.jpg

Dec 18, 2017
Ice Climbers in Smash Ultimate... Look at 'em go!

rvhx1ljjjcxtfhcgimel.png

My friend actually managed to annihilate me with them recently, and all my stress instantly evaporated the moment their victory pose came on.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
bandana-dee-gif-5.gif

I tried avoiding listing an existing character in my post, but now I'm concerned no one else is going to post Bandana Dee. So yeah. He's the cutest if we count old characters.