• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is the Cutest Character of 2018?

• Astro Bot from Astro Bot Rescue Mission

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Isabelle from Smash Ultimate

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Kirby From Kirby Star Allies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palico from Momnster Hunter World

• Ralsei from Deltarune

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 4, 2017
Spyro's run in Reignited is just too much. The sound effect really adds to it.

HauntingEmptyBandicoot-max-1mb.gif

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Astro Bot. Enough said.

latest

Kaori from Yakuza 2 Kiwami. Her interactions with Kiryu are awesome.

maxresdefault.jpg

Yuki from Yakuza Kiwami 2. Especially if you played the mini game from Yakuza 0 and know how she was in that one.

The cats from Monster Hunter World.

Last edited:

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I haven't played too many games with cute characters in it, I think. But Poogie from Monster Hunter World definitely qualifies, even though he can be a bit moody.

km2eHxi.gif

That nose wiggle! 😍

He also falls asleep on stairs.

bO6xQxA.gif

Then there is your Palico, who can be pretty cute as well.

lZqfGra.gif

And my all-time favorite "monster", WHO IS JUST A BIG, LOVABLE BIRD, Kulu-Ya-Ku:

6OQZ1Gk.gif

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played too many games with cute characters in it, I think. But Poogie from Monster Hunter World definitely qualifies, even though he can be a bit moody.

km2eHxi.gif

That nose wiggle! 😍

He also falls asleep on stairs.

bO6xQxA.gif

Then there is your Palico, who can be pretty cute as well.

lZqfGra.gif

And my all-time favorite "monster", WHO IS JUST A BIG, LOVABLE BIRD, Kulu-Ya-Ku:

6OQZ1Gk.gif

I still say Astro-bot, but you can put the whole cast of MHW in spot #2. Especially Kulu-Ya-Ku ya big dingus bird.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
Astro is adorable, and has the better game. But when it comes to cuteness Quill is unbeatable!
img_8243hmfkr.gif

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Jörmy! :3

28221350758_41c97e39de_b.jpg

I honestly found him strangely cute and charming just chilling at the lake, looking at you and blinking. Helps that he's also very friendly and helpful.

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going with Myla from Hollow Knight as well, still got her song stuck in my head all the time.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Ralsei for sure, Toby better not let anything bad happen to him in the final release

Also technically Japan-only for now but the whole Persona 5 cast (+ P3P's female protag) in PQ2, I love this art style

DkFiu9NU8AAWSW0.jpg

Not really a 2018 character, but the unbeaten champ is still unbeaten in 2018.

pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-high-five.gif

His animations are so good that my dog thought he was real and got upset that I was playing with him

Yasai

Dec 23, 2017
Almost any of the Detroit: Become Human's main or support cast:

Kara, Luther, Alice, Connor, Markus, Chloe, Josh, ... take your pick - I can't lol

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry OP, but a new Kirby game was released this year and that's 99% cute (and 1% cosmic horror)

It was great seeing some old character return in 3D with some new cute animations

5e8.gif

LOOK AT THIS HAMSTER SLEEP

Duck-Hunt-1.png

I love watching him do typical dog things

Duck Hunt's animations are quick, but incredibly funny.
I love when you run off a platform the dog's legs will keep paddling in mid-air for a while as if the ground is still there.
The duck's expressions are great too. The best ones are when hanging from a ledge (where the duck panics like crazy) and when standing near a ledge (the dog tries to balance itself while the duck slides up and down his back).

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
N Sane Trilogy technically had ports this year, so I vote Coco.

giphy.gif

I played as her anytime it wasn't required to be Crash. Her design is just so good.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
From Xenoblade 2 Torna: Lora, Haze, little Mikhail and Milton
From Celeste: Madeline