• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is the Cutest Character of 2018?

• Astro Bot from Astro Bot Rescue Mission

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Isabelle from Smash Ultimate

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Kirby From Kirby Star Allies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palico from Momnster Hunter World

• Ralsei from Deltarune

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 5, 2018
Agree with OP about Madeline. She's even cuter when her and Theo are with each other:
b14ea44c60e79ae866276896ec7ceb40.jpg

Also Yoku from Yoku's Island Express is a good pick:
334940_screenshots_20180530220252_1.jpg

And lastly a shoutout to the Bard and Miriam from Wandersong. That game is full of cute characters, but the contrasting relationship that the Brad and Miriam develop makes the game's plot more endearing. Both want to save the universe, but the Bard is chipper and wants to solve everything through the power of song. Miriam is a witch who feels more pessimistic about life and prefers to find solutions using her magic. Their relationship gets some serious development later on and they grow to appreciate each other. Here are the characters dancing:
tumblr_pfq61kSL0h1qzp9weo1_640.gif

TwoPikachus

Nov 15, 2018
maxresdefault.jpg

Yuki from Yakuza Kiwami 2
. Especially if you played the mini game from Yakuza 0 and know how she was in that one.

Please spoiler this. I don't have a PS4 so I'm pretty much waiting on the PC ports to play these games. I played Y0 this Summer, it would have been great to be surprised by this when YK2 made the jump :/

Tesser

Writer/Critic at Hardcore Gamer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Tressa Colzione from Octopath Traveler.

Granted, none of the eight travelers get that much exposition/development in general over the course of their own stories, but Tressa's easily the most likeable of the eight from a personality stand-point: bright, cheerful, optimistic and a touch naive but not to the point of being annoying. Plus, her merchant-related puns during/after battle are nice enough. As disappointing as her Chapter 4 boss was, the speech she gives at the end coupled with her theme (which is also the best of the eight) more than made up for it.

CAPITALISM, HO!

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Jack from RDR2 is just too adorable for words. He fills the camp with an innocence and childish naivety that creates a nice, and often need from all the death, drama, and fuckery going on. Loved coming back from some crazy, bloody adventure and have him excitedly run up to his "Uncle Arthur" and tell him about something cool he saw or found.

Also my Monster Hunter World Palico even though I'm not a big cat person.

Last edited:

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
FeistyBetterHoki-max-1mb.gif

Isabelle has always been the cutest but Smash has been Peak Cute for her. Look at that little stretch!

hassler

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
So I guess you're saying that Bryan Dechart is cute?
I don't care about actors really, I mean, I appreciate his work, but I don't follow him, don't know much about him and I like it to stay that way for some reason. I like to separate actor from his role, but I see many fans do the opposite.
Soooo, nope. Only Connor.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Hammond the hamster from Overwatch. Especially in his little space uniform.
DuMSx38V4AEvq2T.jpg

Rick the hamster is also a good choice, but is not strictly a new 2018 character, so Hammond wins.

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
I don't care about actors really, I mean, I appreciate his work, but I don't follow him, don't know much about him and I like it to stay that way for some reason. I like to separate actor from his role, but I see many fans do the opposite.
Soooo, nope. Only Connor.

Yeah, I was kinda joking. I completely agree that the character isn't the same thing as the actor.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Astrobots for damn sure. It's actually ridiculous how stupidly cute they are.

Pikachu in LGP deserves a mention as well of course.

Some of the Smash Ultimate cast are damn cute.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
King K Rool is kinda funny looking and cute.

And I'm not joking about him being cute. He's got those eyes and that tongue hanging out, he puts on his little Pirate hat. He's pretty cute.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
tumblr_inline_obk4h6vSFG1rfbmpp_500.gif

Komasan! (appearing this year in Yokai Watch Blasters and Yokai Watch 3)
Sharing the top spot with Komasan is:

250px-Isabelle_SSBU.png

Isabelle

monster_hunter_world_palico.jpg

and the palico of Monster Hunter World :)

All three are the cutest!! :)

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
My vote goes to Dragalia Lost's chibi character models. The way they bob their heads to music in the main menu is a huge part of the game's charm.

Syril

Oct 26, 2017
Where and when does the Palico do that ? o_o
I never checked for it in World, but in the other recent games you can set palicoes to stay behind and train while you're out on quests so they can gain EXP without having to come with you, and they'll do animations like that.

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
I never checked for it in World, but in the other recent games you can set palicoes to stay behind and train while you're out on quests so they can gain EXP without having to come with you, and they'll do animations like that.
Thanks. I never leave the little guy so that would explain that.