• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who is the Cutest Character of 2018?

• Astro Bot from Astro Bot Rescue Mission

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Isabelle from Smash Ultimate

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Kirby From Kirby Star Allies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palico from Momnster Hunter World

• Ralsei from Deltarune

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
Myla from Hollow Knight:
latest

Hmmm hmm hmm hmm baba yalu...

Yep.. winner right here.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
Tressa Colzione from Octopath Traveler.

Granted, none of the eight travelers get that much exposition/development in general over the course of their own stories, but Tressa's easily the most likeable of the eight from a personality stand-point: bright, cheerful, optimistic and a touch naive but not to the point of being annoying. Plus, her merchant-related puns during/after battle are nice enough. As disappointing as her Chapter 4 boss was, the speech she gives at the end coupled with her theme (which is also the best of the eight) more than made up for it.

CAPITALISM, HO!
nc2qp6c.jpg

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
The pika/evee tag team is too strong. I'm not a pokemon fan but those little faces are fine tuned killing machines.

RedOnePunch

Oct 26, 2017
Oof. You guys are suckers for expressive TV screen eyes, haha. Astrobot is a hideous character design, it looks like exactly what it is: a tech demo character that got his own game (which is phenomenal). I'd have to go with one of the many cute Palicos from Monster Hunter, or Paolumu when it's puffed up

But he has a little cape. How is that not cute?

I vote for the raccoon in Donut County.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There is no easy answer like last year. Already on my mind is Pichu (welcome back), Pikachu, Kirby, Isabelle (so precious), Madeline from Celeste, and Hornet and Myla from Hollow Knight.

Hm.... Yea I guess I gotta go with Isabelle. Because she's... a bell.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo games this year have been infectiously cute. Captain Toad and Toadette, Pikachu and Eevee in Let's Go, Pichu and Isabelle in Smash.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
ref_upload.jpg

Airu/Palico from Monster Hunter World.
I want to say Tressa from octopath traveler, her general upbeat personality and her fairly innocent story line is pretty endearing

bonus points, Isabelle is adorable
Also, it's totally the handler from Monster Hunter: World. She's like a grown up Dora the Explorer, right down to her inflection.

monster-hunter-world-handler-shot.png
N Sane Trilogy technically had ports this year, so I vote Coco.

giphy.gif

I played as her anytime it wasn't required to be Crash. Her design is just so good.
FeistyBetterHoki-max-1mb.gif

Isabelle has always been the cutest but Smash has been Peak Cute for her. Look at that little stretch!

All These are top.

I'd also add Tilly from red dead 2, what a cutie

latest

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
"Cute can mean many things to many people"
"2B and A2 can't be cute because reasons."

Pick one.
==========

My vote would be Kiara or Minerva from Valkyria Chronicles 4. Palico is cute too though, I like cats.