• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
When you see the $199 PS4 Slim + RDR 2 and Spidey, it really puts things into perspective.

Nintendo really needs to figure out deals.

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
I refuse to buy a console for 1 game. I gotta keep telling myself that. But $85 dollars off effectively.....

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I actually haven't had much reason to buy any games this year as I've already managed to collect all the games I was interested in, but just sitting back and looking at the deals, I feel like this might be one of the best collective holiday deals for console games that I can ever remember...

Holy moly at Hitman 2 for 29.99 already. That's awesome for people waiting to pick that game up.

DeadlyVirus

Oct 29, 2017
A four year old console versus a year and a half, specific games versus spending the money on whatever you want. Switch deal is superior.
How is the switch deal superior with the console at launch price? Yes, they throw in some credit, but that's eclipsed by the value of the 2 games on the PS4 bundle

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
your post hurts my brain... essentially because it makes no sense

Not really sure what's so hard to understand. I'm not exactly breaking new ground here by calling those types of games scams and basically $60 mobile games that serve no function other than to consistently suck money out of people by using all sorts of psychological tricks. They're games made by suits strictly to please investors instead of quality driven products that make money because of how good they are.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Not really sure what's so hard to understand. I'm not exactly breaking new ground here by calling those types of games scams and basically $60 mobile games that serve no function other than to consistently suck money out of people by using all sorts of psychological tricks. They're games made by suits strictly to please investors instead of quality driven products that make money because of how good they are.

I mean first of all... regarding the "these games were made to make money" comment... every game is made to make money or else there would be no price tag. Second, Destiny 2 Forsaken has more quality put into it than Hitman 2 ever will. Third, anthem isn't even out so neither you or I can comment on it. I bet millions of people would disagree with you :)

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
When you see the $199 PS4 Slim + RDR 2 and Spidey, it really puts things into perspective.

The PS4 wasn't having sales nearly that good in its second year. The switch is looking to be massively up YoY and looks set for a huge December. It wouldn't make sense for them to lower the price too much. Next year is when you'll start to see Nintendo get more aggressive on price IMO.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean first of all... regarding the "these games were made to make money" comment... every game is made to make money or else there would be no price tag. Second, Destiny 2 Forsaken has more quality put into it than Hitman 2 ever will. Third, anthem isn't even out so neither you or I can comment on it. I bet millions of people would disagree with you :)

200.webp

Please. IO works with a fraction of the budget Bungie gets for those games and can still churn out quality and something that isn't just a psychologically manipulative tool to get people to sink more and more money into a series that even its own fanbase thinks is shit with every other patch/"expansion" they release.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
200.webp

Please. IO works with a fraction of the budget Bungie gets for those games and can still churn out quality and something that isn't just a psychologically manipulative tool to get people to sink more and more money into a series that even its own fanbase thinks is shit with every other patch/"expansion" they release.

Ill let my comment trigger you the rest of the night :D

Bringing up successful games in a thread that has nothing to do with them shows how much one can get triggered nowadays

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
How is the switch deal superior with the console at launch price? Yes, they throw in some credit, but that's eclipsed by the value of the 2 games on the PS4 bundle
I'd take $85 I can spend on things of my choosing over $120 on two specific games. Why shouldn't the Switch be at launch price, it's only a year and a half old?

The poster I responded to was being ridiculous considering he is comparing the deals of a console at the end of it's cycle versus one at it's beginning. These are Cyber Monday deals for the PS4 from 2014 :

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014...deals_every_ps4_ps3_and_playstation_vita_sale

Only the family pack there is a nice deal even then it's locking you into two games that aren't a lot of people's thing. Beyond that, the Switch is just a vastly better console than the PS4 was at this time(or even after the same amount of months had passed since it's release to Switch's now), which is something else to consider.

Gale Moran

Banned
Jun 1, 2018

These were the playstation 4 deals in its second holiday:
  • PlayStation 4 bundled with Grand Theft Auto V and The Last of Us: Remastered - $399.99 (Gamestop, Best Buy)
  • PlayStation 4 bundled with Grand Theft Auto V and The Last of Us: Remastered or Lego Batman 3 and LittleBigPlanet 3 - $399.99 (Toys 'r' Us)
  • PlayStation 4 and $50 Walmart gift card - $399.99 (Walmart)
Taken from: https://www.theverge.com/2014/11/24/7254213/black-friday-deals-2014-xbox-one-playstation-4

That really puts it into perspective.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017

This is only the Switch's second holiday and by all reports it's selling extremely well. Why would Nintendo want to lose money just to move a few extra units compared to what is already moving at their current prices? It literally makes no business sense to slash the prices when it's selling so well at the current price.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This made no sense lol. They don't need to match Sony. Nintendo is doing amazing on their own. This is how business works. They have high quality products that are selling their system this Black Friday. It's only the second holiday for Switch.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, might buy Hitman 2. I've never played the series but I've heard about it forever. Is it an okay game to just jump in? Should I also buy the other recently-released Hitman?

If you want you can get hitman 2016 but it's not really necessary in terms of story or keeping up continuity. It has an ok enough story but I've been playing this series for over a decade and I can't tell you the story of any of them. In my opinion even when they're well made stories they're essentially just setups for who you have to kill in each level. The star of these games are the levels themselves and how deep they are. In a way they're kind of like puzzle games.

If you have season 1 digitally it'll work with hitman 2 and you can play 2016's levels in 2 with all of the upgrades 2 brought along like guards being able to see you in mirrors.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Did any other retailer match Gamestop's Black Friday deal? I'm asking because I'm wondering about the chances other retailers will do the same for Cyber Monday.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
100% going to jump on this. Hype!

Will it be pretty tough to secure one of these when they go live? I don't have much experience with Gamestop. Guess I should get my billing info ready in advance?

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
So this goes live tonight? Their image is confusing. It says "cyber Monday has come and gone".

JosephD

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018

Yet Switch is going to match PS4 in November and then obliterate it in December. They don't need to have massive bundles so early on when there is still has momentum

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, might buy Hitman 2. I've never played the series but I've heard about it forever. Is it an okay game to just jump in? Should I also buy the other recently-released Hitman?
It's perfectly fine to just jump in. Don't need to play the first one, although you can load it's levels into Hitman 2 if you enjoy the game.

BlinkBlank

Oct 27, 2017
No it isn't. How are you guys doing this math?

You're dropping $300+ tax regardless. You can buy things in addition to that "free" of additional cost .
yeah, but who isn't going to buy s switch and no games? And at this point, they buy a physical game and then the digital games have caught on enough where the majority of their consumer base have access to online titles as well. I will say even with the Wii, many people had access since I saw those things used for Netflix machines well after the Wii started fading out of the public spotlight as a games machine.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
Wow I just got Hitman Definitive for $15...might go ahead for 2.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't look like the deal is live yet (if it's supposed to be up Eastern time). The website's Cyber Monday page is live now, but when you click on the Switch + $35 eShop Currency + $50 GC button it takes you to the old Black Friday page. Tried adding a Switch to cart and nowhere does it mention the $35 eshop credit.