• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2017
The Blocc
I'll never understand forcing multiplayer modes/components into single player games just for the heck of it. Why does everything have to have co-op or multiplayer?

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
If that Multplayer component veers anywhere near a Co-Op experience in this amazing city? ... i'm not sure if me and my friends will ever come up for air.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
Maybe they're worried it will skip Steam and be available only on GOG and Epic.

Does it really matter if it's available on GOG instead of Steam since you can just add the game to Steam and play it through there like you can with Witcher 3? I suppose it's a bit inconvenient for updates but it's hardly the "you must open our launcher just to play this game" bollocks peddled by Origin, uPlay and Epic.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
we need another media blowout, they've been silent for months now. do we seriously have to wait until e3 to see anything new?

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Do the bare minimum of pro-consumer advocacy and the enthusiast cabal will throw a parade
Bare minimum my pug ass.

For Witcher 3 they released a bunch of content for free post game which included recording new lines for characters because fans were sad characters had minimal dialogue.

Not to mention releasing two incredibly high quality expansions, one with an amazing story the other which has the playtime and quality of a full release, for like 20 bucks which is frankly a steal.

They were responding here to fan questions. They weren't bragging. And even then, it's their new Twitter pr person.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Bare minimum my pug ass.

For Witcher 3 they released a bunch of content for free post game which included recording new lines for characters because fans were sad characters had minimal dialogue.

Not to mention releasing two incredibly high quality expansions, one with an amazing story the other which has the playtime and quality of a full release, for like 20 bucks which is frankly a steal.

They were responding here to fan questions. They weren't bragging. And even then, it's their new Twitter pr person.
It's admirable sure but it's certainly not a strategy unique to CDPR, regarding the content delivery

Oct 25, 2017

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So, it's Hollie working on the CDPR twitter account? the Cyberpunk one? or both?

Honest question, because I think people will give her shit on the internet for things the old guy did/said, and that doesn't sounds fair.

No clue I assume both but don't quote me on that.

I remember the initial announcement, but didn't they say there'd be no MP at E3 and Gamescom after the official re-reveal?

What do people like you get out of shit like this?

Pretty sure they've confirmed its still coming but just not at launch and that they had little details to reveal at the moment. They've reaffirmed it didn't take away focus from single player content though.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
I remember the initial announcement, but didn't they say there'd be no MP at E3 and Gamescom after the official re-reveal?
It's mainly that they haven't been willing to talk about it yet. As the game is singleplayer focused and they don't want to muddy that perception I believe. They don't want people hyping up, speculating or getting pissed about possible MP. As singleplayer game is what they are selling right now.

If I was to speculate though, the multiplayer functionality could be something with the mini-games in example. Going into a bar for pool and you can play against others online. Or online car races etc. This isn't something they have hinted at, as far as I know. But I could see this being the case.

They could also have separate multiplayer game in Cyberpunk universe (coming later). Just like Gwent and Thronebreaker are kind of their own things.

Last edited:

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Multiplayer will be like GTA Online is my best bet. They surely want their own GaaS thingy. It will have microtransactions in some way or another. Maybe bigger paid expansions like The Witcher 3 with smaller free updates? If they are going the multiplayer-route they will want to monetize it.

But maybe multiplayer is simply something a-synchron with community challenges? Or invasions and helpers like Soulsbourne games. Coop like FarCry 4+5? We will know in a few years ;)

SweetBellic

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, but will the game release on Steam or will CDPR pull a Ubisoft? I assume that's what the tweeter asking about EGS exclusivity was getting at.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Yeah, but will the game release on Steam or will CDPR pull a Ubisoft? I assume that's what the tweeter was getting at.
It's possible they have this as a GoG exclusive. They tried it with Thronebreaker already. Thronebreaker doesn't have quite the same pull as Cyberpunk will, so it has better chance for success. But if that was what the tweeter was getting at, then they would just have asked if it will be exclusive to their own store/launcher not the Epic store. Or asked if it will be on Steam, if that's what interested them.

Last edited:

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Some of those replies made me chuckle. CD Projekt saying all the right things. They're giving me no reason to doubt Cyberpunk is going to be a game I need, just like Witcher 3.

Furisco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CDPR is a good dev but they definitely give me #GAMERSRISEUP vibes when it comes to their marketing strategy.

It works, so good on them i guess.

virtua_44

Jan 16, 2019
Hey I'm down for all of this. I wonder what the multiplayer component would be. I always thought it'd be co-op play or something like that, but since people are guessing stuff like "battle royale", now I'm beginning to think it could be something else? Either that or everyone else is just overthinking it?

lol how can it be an Epic store exclusive, when CDPR has their own store?
Not everybody knows. I found out from OP

Last edited:

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
CDPR can do GOG/EGS and it would be their right since it's their own damn game. I would def just go get it on GOG, which has the plus of being DRM free and all the money stays within CDPR.

Deleted member 51266

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 26, 2018
I'm having a hard time believing no MTX in the multiplayer, especially since Gwent had them.

It's going to be interesting to see how people will take it if eventually does get MTX.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
lol at that Epic store comment, ya don't say! A company with their own storefront to distribute their catalog ofc they'd never consider Epic. They'd be exclusive to their own store if anything, though they probably don't have the infrastructure and server resources the other big boys (Valve and Epic) do to actually pull that off on PC.

Cyberpunk is gonna be a thing to behold on next gen consoles.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
If it isn't not doesn't unlikely, then I won't be not unhappy about playing, no?

Maybe I'm tired, but that title was weirdly hard to parse for me. All good responses from cd projekt red.