• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which one is your preference?

• The thirst is killing me, just give me the less polished (current gen) version

Votes: 100 6.8%
  • I can wait for the better (next gen) version

Votes: 777 53.1%
  • PC is the way to go

Votes: 585 40.0%

• Total voters

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will wait and see how it's handled now.

I own a one X and I'm not jumping into next gen straight away this time so I'll see if there's a port or not and if not how the game is maybe improved on a next gen system

Feb 10, 2018
I kinda wish all 2020 games release with next gen systems. Playing them a few months before next gen seems like your getting a lesser experience.

AfropunkNyc

Nov 15, 2017
PC.. no need to wait for a remaster or anything. play game on current hardware and play it again months later on newer hardware with even better performance and resolutions.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to be playing it on PC anyway, and thought "It sucks that the Nvidia cards won't be released until months after this"...
Next-gen PC it is.

Might even be able to play 1440p/60fps with Raytracing too.

Honestly, with it being in September, it gives us a ton of options for better graphic cards, as September is usually right after the flurry of major graphics card releases for the calendar year. Not too late, not too early.

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
If next gen version will release in 2020, I'll wait. If it doesn't end up having a release date / timing (like GTA5), I'll jump in on my Xbox One X.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I must be the only one who thinks all late current gen games are just going to get a patch and other semi automatic enhancements on next gen consoles and not require a double dip..

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Huge 3080 GPU on PC is how i'm playing this, assuming its out around the same time

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Oh let's keep this train rolling

3kduys.png

Soulnado

Alt account
Banned
Nov 7, 2019
LMAO at those saying they will wait for next gen. Shut the fuck up.

You will all get Cyberpunk 2077 day one once reviews hit and people start calling it the best RPG ever made.

I repeat, you will all get it day one. That's just how hype works.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Is there any indication that there'll even be a next-gen version, let alone that it'll be a launch game?

I can't imagine a next-gen version would launch within a year of the current-ten versions release date.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
If there's a next-gen version and/or the current-gen version will be enhanced on the new consoles, I may hold off for that.

liquidzr0

May 29, 2019
im really considering upgrading to Nvidia's new RTX cards (3080/3080Ti?), if they are out, after this delay

Dussck

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
So.. say I bought Cyberpunk for the PS4. And then I buy a PS5. The PS5 is compatible with PS4 games, so I could play Cyberpunk on there as well. But that won't be the PS5 version.
They could probably throw a patch and make the PS4 version the PS5 version (like they do with the PS4pro), but that won't work that way, right?

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I was always going to wait for the PS5 version or at least to play it on PS5, so with it being delayed to September that makes it easy as hell to do that now.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
So.. say I bought Cyberpunk for the PS4. And then I buy a PS5. The PS5 is compatible with PS4 games, so I could play Cyberpunk on there as well. But that won't be the PS5 version.
They could probably throw a patch and make the PS4 version the PS5 version (like they do with the PS4pro), but that won't work that way, right?
No one knows but it's probably best to temper your expectations.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
It's not even a question with the new release date. No point in bothering playing this on a toaster when you could wait a couple months, at most, to play a vastly improved version.

Oghuz

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, that poll isn't anything like I thought it would be. No way that the majority of ERA are gonna wait lol. No way.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
I will play it on PC. Have bought a used 1070 just yesterday and with the delay i'm sure i will be able to upgrade the rest of my system before it releases.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
For games like this, PC all day long.

The Witcher 3 was a lot better than the console versions (higher graphical settings, 60fps+, Mod Support) and Cyberpunk will be the same.

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Didn't they specifically say there will not be a next gen version at launch? Historically that would mean at most you'd get some better load times.

Oct 27, 2017
id get it on pc if i could but not spending 2k on a pc for it... besides the ps5 version should be the pc version maxed out anyway... couldn't care less about 4k but as long as its 1080p60fps locked with max pc settings on ps5.. im good... no reason to get it on ps4 now.

Mr. Shakedown

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
I can wait for the complete edition w/ all DLC and the fully polished / patched experience. Plenty of games to keep me occupied until then, including some (hopefully) decent next-gen launch stuff.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I already have the game preordered on X1X. I plan to play it right away and if I enjoy it enough I will consider doing a second play-through on series X. If the game however gets pushed to spring 2021 I will definitely play it on series X.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
Refunding. I don't usually preorder but with Cyberpunk it should be a safe bet. I'm not leaving my money on the table that long.