• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which one is your preference?

• The thirst is killing me, just give me the less polished (current gen) version

Votes: 100 6.8%
  • I can wait for the better (next gen) version

Votes: 777 53.1%
  • PC is the way to go

Votes: 585 40.0%

• Total voters

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
CP2077 for a good chunk of gamers is one of the most anticipated games of generation, and before this delay I was going to play it as soon as it comes out. But now things are different. The new release date is really close to the launch of next-gen consoles. You will get a much (probably) better, more polished version if you wait just a little bit more for next gen consoles, but that little wait is probably going to be so painful, with lots of spoilers all over the internet. You gonna be patient or not?

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I was always going to wait for the PS5 version. Can't imagine playing it on Jaguar + HDD.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I think Cyberpunk is gonna make a great PS5 launch game.

Bgamer90

Oct 27, 2017
I won't know for sure until I see the launch line-ups of the new consoles, but it's currently looking like I'll save it for Series X.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
If they announce it as a next gen title/port, and next gen drops around the new date, I will probably wait.

Though honestly the delay has me questioning if I should try to build a PC and grab the CX 48" TV.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Next gen. Can see the extent of any bullshit in the game as well.

Win win 👍

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
I think at this point I will probably just wait to see if it is either better via BC or has an actual next gen version.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
PC is likely what I will do. But I wonder how the Xbox version will work? It should in theory be the same purchase on Xbox One and Xbox.

Oct 28, 2017
Kinda presumptuous to say that there will be a next gen port, right? With the emphasis on backwards compatibility for the new machines, they might not bother with one.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
CD Projekt which means :
- Bad Perfomance
- Vanilla Save not working with GOTY Edition
Next gen it is when they release the GOTY Edition with DLCs.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I think I'll wait for next-gen at that point.
I'll play the launch games I'm interested in and save Cyberpunk for a dry spell after launch.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't going to play it day one anyways, but idk when I'm getting a next gen console. If I get an itch to play it and still haven't gotten a next gen console, I may just play it on my ps4 pro.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Next-gen (i don't have a gaming PC): of all the upcoming games is the one i am worried it will run like shit on current gen.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
CDPR delayed Cyberpunk to get the hell out of FF7 Remake's way. I'm glad because I want to play both and give each their time, but I would have completely ignored Cyberpunk if it released just two weeks after FF7. Now I can be there....DAY ONE, to answer your question.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Now that it's delayed? Either on PC on next-gen.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Everyone is expecting a next-gen port but we still have no confirmation that's going to happen. For all we know, it could come out a year after release or not at all. I'm playing it on PC, though.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
Before Delay: hell no, i am not waiting and must play this asap

After Delay: That's an easy wait for me dawg

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Getting it on PC, so it won't effect me. If anything it's better since I'll have upgraded by then.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I would rather play their games about a year or so from launch given the amount of bugs that often require fixing for them. Ergo, it automatically becomes a next-gen prospect for me.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
With a september date I might just wait. But I wasn't going to before.

Still, a lot of that depends on what actually happens with these console reveals.

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely for PC. While I have an RTX 2080, I am expecting to upgrade again this year to something maybe 50% better. And honestly, graphics cards sell for a good bit still, even used.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I imagine the PS4/Xbox One version will be polished still, but yeah I bet a lot of people will play it on next gen when they update it to take advantage of the new hardware. Probably improved graphics/performance/loading and maybe some other improvements in line with the PC version on a top end PC.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
On one hand I have a PC capable, but on the other hand my 5700 XT isn't raytracing capable like the PS5 will be....

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
I expected the delay but if it actually released in April I would have played it on my aging rig w/GTX 980ti and i7 6700K.

Now I will just wait for the PS5 version instead.

Pleasant!

Nov 1, 2017
Well, I've played all 3 Witcher games and Thronebreaker on pc, so I might as well keep the streak. Also can buy direct from gog that way.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
Kinda presumptuous to say that there will be a next gen port, right? With the emphasis on backwards compatibility for the new machines, they might not bother with one.
At minimum though, playing on next gen would mean improved performance (framerate) and decreased loading times. It's enough to make me wait.
Before Delay: hell no, i am not waiting and must play this asap

After Delay: That's an easy wait for me dawg
Yep.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Next-gen unless I build a new PC before the ports.
Cancelled my pre-order today.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
PC 100%.

Will probably upgrade to ultrawide before release too.

CD Projekt which means :
- Bad Perfomance
- Vanilla Save not working with GOTY Edition
Next gen it is when they release the GOTY Edition with DLCs.

Isn't latter console limitation though? (At least PC they're compatible for Witcher 3)

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I'm not particularly excited for the game, but I will likely play it at some point during the year. So waiting for the next-gen version (or just buying the current-gen version and playing it on a next-gen console) is not a problem, and the very likely scenario now.

Oct 27, 2017
Next gen, I was always waiting. Was pulling for April since it would've meant a good amount of patches before the next gen release.