• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I was being sarcastic about the complaints the setting/pov has been getting =P, I hoped inserting the night time comment would push it over the edge, heh.
Ahahaha I see. Sorry with all these comments, I'm not sure if some people are serious or sarcastic. Obviously some people don't like FP, and I do wonder why. I know for some it's a preference but for some, it seems to be a make it or break it deal when it comes to games

Imm0ralKnight

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
why do gamers get so upset about the most minor shit. we don't know the gameplay. we haven't seen anything. CDPR has a history of nothing but greatness. there's no reason to doubt that they're making the best decision for their game. Era during E3 is ridiculous, can't even imagine what other forums are like.

That's just the internet in general. Negativity everywhere! Every game shown I've seen toxic people spewing toxic stuff here and in other places.

mrglcs

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Yep, good job dividing the fanbase. Definitely some geniuses over there at CDPR.
giphy.gif

ShinySunny

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
This.

Calm down. The game is likely going to be fantastic whether it's first or third person. Give it a chance. This is a developer with a great track record and I believe they want the game to be as good as it possibly can because it's their baby.

Come on now.
It is going to be like Deus Ex.
You can't really reinvent the wheel.

Mett

Oct 29, 2017
I'm still in for FPS, was hoping for TPS but there is nothing that is going to keep me away from experiencing what will be a beautifully detailed world. Nothing!

Ganzlinger

Oct 27, 2017
Only FPS is a huge letdown for me. 90% of the games I play are on third person. Still gonna get this but I'm a bit disappointed now.

Dirtbag

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds better than expected. Really didnt want another over the shoulder, cinematic 3rd person game like everything else revealed this e3

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
First person? I'm out. First person makes me extremely nauseous and I feel like throwing up after 15 minutes or so.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Someone make a third person camera petition stat.

I'm getting this no matter what, but I'd love to be able to see my character.

Feb 15, 2018
Was only mildly interested but it's a hard pass now. Absolutely deflated by first person. Haven't even played a TES game in first person since Daggerfall. The perspective just isn't fun for me. I like watching my character interact with the world. I don't feel immersed by a game being in first person, I feel restricted. Also a Cyberpunk setting is completely wasted if I can't see whatever mohawked, neon, trenchcoated goofball I create.

Bingo

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
You'd think they just announced it was actually a Pinball Machine game with how people are reacting

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Reading this thread, the responses calling people "crazy" and "absurd" for being down on FPS are the only ones that are raising my eyebrow.

People have preferences; Some people like sims, some like puzzle games, some like turn-based, some like FPS, some like third person action.

It's super weird to hear people not grasp that concept, that the reveal of FPS only (except for driving) would either turn people off, or get them more interested.

Christ.

Exactly this. These people sound like children. Like, I didn't insult CDPR for making this game and if you're excited good for you. But for some reason I'M embarrassing for being turned off? Apparently once I said I was interested, I now OWE CDPR my sixty bucks lol.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
To me it's kind of like Dishonored. It was fun, but I would have enjoyed it more with a third person view. Especially when there were stealth/cover elements.

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
People shit on FPS RPG Cyberpunk but rejoice on Elder Scrolls FPS RPG...WHAT!?

Yeah.

Stupidity levels are overwhelming

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
First person, sweet, and since it's all futurey and there r firearms then it will be even further away from the wonky Witcher 3 gameplay, can't wait to see how they do :o)

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I'm definitely still in. I'm interested in the world, aesthetics, story and potential gameplay mechanics. But I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed at no third person.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
People making snap purchasing decisions based on the game being first person makes me slightly depressed.

Either way, I think what really matters about the game is...literally everything else. Which sounds great.

Froli

Oct 25, 2017
Philippines
Why are some of you getting angry that others don't like First person perspective for certain genres?

People like seeing their items, armors, weapons progression shown in the background with the character they created.
They like how their character moves doing some combos, techniques and special abilities in third person.

If their initial reaction was negative, there is nothing wrong with that.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
FPS? Welp, I'm out. Fuck this game. Fuck this hobby. Heading to Gamestop now to trade in all my games and consoles. Just listed my PC on Craigslist. Took my TV outside and left it on the curb.

/s

TwoCoins

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Houston Tx
not everyone likes first person so how is it hyperbole? I know I'm not the only one who was expecting something more along the lines of witcher 3. Personally I'm fine with first person shooters but not my rpgs. it's very easy to understand why people are upset imo.

Maybe not, but some of the best rpgs are FP... Deus Ex, Fallout, Skyrim. So peoples expectations should be put on check or move on. The game is gonna sell and plenty of people wont care.