• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
People who make fun and wonder why some people won't buy the game after the camera change ............. There is something called motion sickness that affects people who play in first person , mine included

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I wasn't really feeling it because I'm not a big fan of CDPR but I was hopeful especially after that trailer.

Now that it's a FPS? Lost all my interest.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I wasn't expecting a shooter, though Cyberpunk with only melee wouldn't really make sense.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
FPS, hell yes. This is a RPG, all about inhabiting your character, so I agree completely with this decision.

Oct 25, 2017
FPS?
ix71pd3ebmx01.jpg

DukeBobby

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. Once I played GTA V in first person, I couldn't go back.

The immersion was on a different level. Cyberpunk will be unreal.

orlock

Oct 28, 2017
lol these responses.

people are fine with elder scrolls being in FP but not this? Are people expecting this to be like call of duty or something?

i dont particularly love Elder Scrolls OR Fallout being in first person either, to be completely frank. im not a huge fan of the perspective for RPGs (unless im playing some dungeon crawl roguelike similar to Wizardry or Etrian Odyssey). ESPECIALLY if it has character creation (not saying if CP2077 does or doesnt; not high on my list of priorities at this point, especially if its FP).

i like shooters, and i like first person shooters (i still miss when NeoTokyo was hopping). i just prefer my RPGs or action/adventure games to be in third person. im still here for Cyberpunk 2077 on release, think it looks unbelievable so far, and will probably take time off of work, but im just a little bummed about the choice.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Wha... First not showing gameplay and now this. I really hope it's just a developer choice for showing it but you can switch... But then games than switch to third perspective are not even the same as pure third person games.

Hype drastically deflated.

Grudy

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Most FPS games make me nauseous so my hype just deflated big time. I hope they give us a third person option.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn, was this known before? I guess I wasn't paying much attention, thought it was always third person, first person kinda kills some of the hype for me though, still looking forward to it but just nowhere near as much as if it was third person.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Darn, I really dislike playing in first person. This might change my decision on whether to buy the game or not. =/

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
For people worried about not being able to see your created character, imagine this:
step into an underground train, as the train go by lights, with each flash you see your character's reflection on the glass
the future world will have plenty of shiny surfaces

it can still be cool as hell if done right

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
I like how people are calling out people that are out, but not people that are now in.