• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
It's a day one buy for me either way because CDPR can do no wrong, but I'm even more excited that it's in first-person. Sounds like it's going to fill the Deus Ex hole in my heart perfectly.

People's responses here though are hilarious. If a perspective change has changed your mind from a buy to a no buy then you obviously weren't that interested in it in the first place.

People were screaming that it seems like a sci-fi GTA after yesterdays trailer, I guess it's not now. Well, as long as you ignore the first-person mode Rockstar added which was a nice novelty but kinda redundant.

This is way more Deus Ex than I thought it would be. I cannot wait!

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
Very cool not even be able to see all the cosmetic mods.
Also, games, especially multiplatform games, are not at a stage where characters can be zoomed into like what FPV does, without seeing all the animation and texture shortcomings. It takes you out of the narrative completely.
How the hell did you play any games before 2010?

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
No point in having your gear change your appearance if you can't see yourself *points to head*

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
kinda makes sense why they didnt show us the game in motion. this surely wouldnt have went over as well if the reveal it was FPS only was during the rereveal.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Was day one on this game regardless of perspective

Going the new deus ex route with first person gameplay and third person dialogue/cutscenes (and driving too) makes a lot of sense. Super pumped for this. Deus Ex 1 is my GOAT game, Witcher trilogy my favorite rpg series, loved the last two eidos deus ex games as well

On paper this is too good to fail for me, I hope they pull it off

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
This hyperbole is ridiculous and embarrassing.

I don't blame anyone for feeling that way. After Witcher 3 people expected more of that or probably an option like Bethesda games. Seems odd to have a character maker for a FPS game and some people do still get sick from FPS after all. Shouldn't be an issue on PC though. Probably a ton of mods and at least one will make a third person mode.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
It's not a FPS, the press and people are generally real bad at using that term so loosely.

We have some press saying FPS and others saying FIRST PERSON PERSPECTIVE RPG, like Morrowind, Bloodlines, and New Vegas.

As I said in the other thread, Cyberpunk is a RPG franchise, would be stupid as hell to get its creator to work on the game and use the IP when you don't want to make a RPG but a FPS instead, considering there are various roles that do not have an emphasis on guns at all like the Netrunner.

People need to relax lol. It's very likely not a "FPS", it's a first person perspective RPG like many other great ones. Goddamn. Cyberpunk is a RPG franchise, why would it be a "FPS"? The TTRPG has roles that have very little emphasis on guns.

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
Makes sense since probably gonna have lots of guns/gun play.

Plus hopefully it means movement won't feel as awkward like in the Witcher games.

DellyTrey2

Feb 16, 2018
FPS...damn. My interest just bombed for this game. Hopefully theres more to the puzzle ans we get Third person as a camera option like GTA 5

Oct 27, 2017
I REALLY wanted it to be third person but just because it's FPS there's no reason to bail out INSTANTLY like a lot of people are saying.

That's absurd.

Amauri14

Oct 27, 2017
Danbury, CT, USA
Only first person? Well, I guess I will get it on PC and hopefully, somebody will create a third person mod. The should have done it the Bethesda way and let you choose freely, it saddens me that they did not do it that way.

#1 defender

Oct 27, 2017
FPS

I didn't ask for this.
Ffs, this is one of my most anticipated games, but i get motion sickness with FP games. :/

BuBu Jenkins

Oct 27, 2017
Couldn't give a shit if its FPS or TPS I finally have my AAA big budget Cyberpunk setting in a game made by the creators of the Witcher series. Day mutha fuckin 1!

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
My excitement hasn't changed but curious that this is an FPS and not 3rd person.

why do gamers get so upset about the most minor shit. we don't know the gameplay. we haven't seen anything. CDPR has a history of nothing but greatness. there's no reason to doubt that they're making the best decision for their game. Era during E3 is ridiculous, can't even imagine what other forums are like.
One of the biggest complaints about Witcher 3 is the actual combat, so no, I don't think CDPR has a history of nothing but greatness. If anything they are tackling a new type of gameplay experience with a style they haven't done before and it is realistic to be cautious about it.

I am 100% sure the story, atmosphere, visuals and everything that is not gameplay will be top notch, but I am going to wait on the gameplay part to see if it is really good.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Yup, what is going on here? Games like Deus Ex, Prey or Dishonored were in first person as well and they're fucking amazing.
The only other RPG they played was the Witcher, it's the only thing I can think of that makes them shun standard RPG tropes like a character creator or common ones like a first person camera

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Feb 15, 2018
FPS? Clean look?

I
giphy.gif

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Embarrassing embarrassing takes in this thread.

TPS/FPS/Character action/whatever just make me a good game and I'll play it.

It's still an RPG, this isn't CoD.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Oh no, game X has feature Y, instead of waiting for how it will be implemented, I will immediately post my hot take on video game forum Z.

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm....I really want to see at least some of this demo - the press literally talking all about it just feels odd - though I suppose we'll get to see it a few weeks/months later.