• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Listonosh

Oct 25, 2017
Not all the argument is based of the technical side of things. Some of us cannot play 1st person games because of motion sickness, messes with our eyes, and atleast my case splitting headaches. A few minutes ago I watched a YouTube channel that basically devoted to this game and has been making lore videos of off Cyberpunk 2020 for the past few years make a video where she was on the verge of tears because she may not be able to finish Cyberpunk 2077.
Sure, in your case I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but I have a high suspicion that all those other responses are not because of motion sickness and because they just wanted a sci-fi witcher 3

Pilgore

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Expectations, expectations.....people expected Witcher 3 But Blade Runner and instead they got something they did not expect!!! What a surprise!!

Un-fuckin believable. 70 pages of people arguing about sunlight, 70 pages of people arguing about first-person perspective. Just calm the fuck down and move on or wait for the game to pass judgement.

MisterR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am sure most of the people complaining don't have this rare issue. And it seems like some of them are actually fine with the shitty third-person-perspective that is in Fallout and Elder Scrolls.

Also, not every game can be made for every single person on this planet. The developer has put a lot of thought into the perspective and overall structure of the game. You can't just say: "Make it Third-Person, other games do it to". We don't need even more watered down expierences just to please everyone.
I agree that people need to accept it and move on and not get the game if it's a deal breaker for them, but I can understand their disappointment.

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stealth is much better in first-person.
What tension is there if you can cheat to see around cover/obstacles without taking any risk?

Most if not all first-person stealth games give you options to peek around corners, but it should be inherently risky to do so.
If you are hiding behind cover, your view should be obscured.
This is just not true tho. Stealth is much better in the much better designed games. That's all there is to it. One of the best stealth games I've played is a 2D side-scroller. Tension is not unique to a first person perspective, and there is plenty of risk remaining even when your visibility isn't obscured or awareness of your body is complete rather than null. There isn't a fast rule of what should and shouldn't be done in a videogame, and that should go without saying in this thread of all paces.

There are a lot of ways that first person games get around cover and give you information you shouldn't have because they are making up for the limited fov inherent in a videogame. Many things like enhanced audio cues, visibility meters, other visual cues or even being able to see through walls, etc. FP perspective is not an accurate recreation of one's individual perspective. Not even in VR.

As someone who generally prefers TP, I perfectly understand and applaud CDPR's design decisions, but let's not start making up hard and fast declarations about subjective things like mood or tension. You don't really have any basis to say definitively how people experience things.

Jan 10, 2018
How can you say that you are completely out when you haven't seen one second of actual gameplay? I had no idea that some people were so strongly against certain camera perspectives. This is complete news to me.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I agree that people need to accept it and move on and not get the game if it's a deal breaker for them, but I can understand their disappointment.
I can't. It was heavily rumored for years that this will be first-person. I also can't see how a camera perspective can destroy a whole game for someone. Sure, we all have our preferences, but to let first- or third-person completely decide over the enjoyment you can get out of a game seems stupid to me. Especially when we didn't see any gameplay yet.
Remember the complains about God of War's new camera perspective? We all know how how that turned out.

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Third person in these games is clearly an afterthought at best. I can't think of any character action games that actually play equally good in third AND first person. There is something to be said for picking one and sticking with it

Well of course , it can never be equally good, but at least there is an option , like for example Destiny . You are in TP view with certain weapons or in the town , which animation is good enough just to take a look at the character .

SoLDieN

Jan 17, 2018
España
Posted ?

image_cyberpunk_2077-38565-2618_0002.jpg

image_cyberpunk_2077-38565-2618_0001.jpg

image_cyberpunk_2077-38565-2618_0003.jpg

image_cyberpunk_2077-38565-2618_0005.jpg

image_cyberpunk_2077-38565-2618_0007.jpg

image_cyberpunk_2077-38565-2618_0009.jpg

image_cyberpunk_2077-38565-2618_0013.jpg

image_cyberpunk_2077-38565-2618_0020.jpg

image_cyberpunk_2077-38565-2618_0021.jpg

image_cyberpunk_2077-38565-2618_0018.jpg

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Don't know if this was mentioned yet, but this game has been confirmed for this gen .Xbox One, PS4, and PC have been confirmed .

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Digital Foundry just did a technical analysis of the Cyberpunk trailer. He believes the trailer is running on console.

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Digital Foundry just did a technical analysis of the Cyberpunk trailer. He believes the trailer is running on console.

was probably the strangest analysis I've seen from them... made some pretty huge leaps in logic about what framerates we can expect from the game, and rendering on the X in the future and so on.

Oct 26, 2017
Don't know if this was mentioned yet, but this game has been confirmed for this gen .Xbox One, PS4, and PC have been confirmed .

But no way is it coming next year and many reports are floating around that 2020 is next gen. Most definitely a cross gen game then, like GTA 5 was. Only difference here it probably comes on all systems at the same time.

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well of course , it can never be equally good, but at least there is an option , like for example Destiny . You are in TP view with certain weapons or in the town , which animation is good enough just to take a look at the character .
Could get a lot more dicey in a game like this that's going to have a mix of gun and melee, wall-running, vision-altering mods, etc. I think it makes a lot of sense to just stuck with one or the other. I feel bad for people that fell in love with an idea of this game that wasn't real, but I think most of us are going to be blown away when we see the game that it is.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
There will be an Xbox + twitch live stream. I wonder what we'll see

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1006916217800658944?s=19

Just interviews that have been scheduled for today, like they did 3 shows yesterday.

Edit:

They are straight out saying "no gameplay today".

Q: Hey @CyberpunkGame any chance of gettin "leaked gameplay" today? :)

A: Not today. More juicy stuff will come when the time is right.
https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1006834037749624832

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
This is just not true tho. Stealth is much better in the much better designed games. That's all there is to it. One of the best stealth games I've played is a 2D side-scroller. Tension is not unique to a first person perspective, and there is plenty of risk remaining even when your visibility isn't obscured or awareness of your body is complete rather than null. There isn't a fast rule of what should and shouldn't be done in a videogame, and that should go without saying in this thread of all paces.

There are a lot of ways that first person games get around cover and give you information you shouldn't have because they are making up for the limited fov inherent in a videogame. Many things like enhanced audio cues, visibility meters, other visual cues or even being able to see through walls, etc. FP perspective is not an accurate recreation of one's individual perspective. Not even in VR.

As someone who generally prefers TP, I perfectly understand and applaud CDPR's design decisions, but let's not start making up hard and fast declarations about subjective things like mood or tension. You don't really have any basis to say definitively how people experience things.
But that what you're doing in by implying that third person stealth is objectively better and better designed than first person stealth. I mean, you literally say that's not true, that's all there is to it, as if it's definite fact that Thief or Dishonored are worse stealth games

Deleted member 5864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
But that what you're doing in by implying that third person stealth is objectively better and better designed than first person stealth. I mean, you literally say that's not true, that's all there is to it, as if it's definite fact that Thief or Dishonored are worse stealth games
I'm not implying that at all. I'm saying a stealth game can work in either perspective, and tension is not something limited to FP.

Never did I say or imply one is objectively better. I was merely pointing out that FP like anything else can have its quirks and it's all about how it is designed.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not implying that at all. I'm saying a stealth game can work in either perspective, and tension is not something limited to FP.

Never did I say or imply one is objectively better. I was merely pointing out that FP like anything else can have its quirks and it's all about how it is designed.
I misread your post then, sorry

Oct 25, 2017

Hmmm looks like I was right that these two games will be the talk of the show. Just wish we got a bit of gameplay for 2077.

And while I was let down about it being an FPS. I fully have faith that CDPR will make a fully realized world. I mean going into buildings and every room just sounds. amazing. Can't wait. This will no doubt be a cross gen title imo.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Monster Hunter World also had dreads on a few NPCs, but we weren't allowed to select them.

Devs hate making afrocentric styles for character creators. I've witnessed this for many, many years.
Aite my dude if you think CDPR will go out of their way to not let you have afrocentric hair while working with Mike Pondsmith and having the great ones already linked to you on NPCs then I guess we gotta wait 2 years to see which one of us is right.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another cool first person moment that was described was going to the ripperdoc and getting an ocular implant. You see the machine coming towards your face, your vision goes offline, but when it comes back online, your eye hasn't been fully implanted yet, is out of the socket, so you can look around the room as the eye is lowered and installed into your head
That sounds super cool. I'm turning a corner on the first-person stuff.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Hmmm looks like I was right that these two games will be the talk of the show. Just wish we got a bit of gameplay for 2077.

And while I was let down about it being an FPS. I fully have faith that CDPR will make a fully realized world. I mean going into buildings and every room just sounds. amazing. Can't wait. This will no doubt be a cross gen title imo.
The Last of Us Part II is game of the show for me, and the second one is Cyberpunk 2077.

Yeah it was such a bummer, being FPS. In the Easy Allies impression video they said FPS was perfect for the style of their work and with some special animations the combat feels great.

Also in the panel they were pretty confident about the prespective. I trust them.

Kangu

Apr 19, 2018
I'm disappointed about it being an FPS but for different reasons than most. Pretty much every FPS game gives me serious nausea, so the fact that the game is an FPS means I probably won't be able to play it.

That said, I'll probably buy it anyway and see how long I can hold my vomit.. that's how hype the previews are.

Parfait

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, bottom line, we concur? Dismissing a game out of hand based only on the perspective of the camera is nutters to me, unless you're one of the rare cases that just can't play first person video games. (even though I really doubt you wouldn't have issue with other games either, if it's really that severe)
Here
It's not a first person shooter dude. This is like saying that all third person camera games are third person action games. Learn to distinct things. This has nothing to do with call of duty or destiny.

It's got a first person camera and you'll be able to hack,stealth,bribe,fight meele AND shoot guns.

Seriously people

All the things I hate doing in a first person perspective, oh boy. No, sorry, at this point I'm going to get this game probably after release, and not day 1, and as I said, this is a major disappointment to me. The only real reason I still have interest is because it's CD Projekt, whereas other 'first person rpgs' like Skyrim or Fallout don't get such a pass from me. I don't look forward to any of those, whatsoever, because no matter how much they make it immersive ooh, it plays like garbage because of that perspective.Skyrim's third person camera doesn't impress, doesn't change how the game plays or feels, and doesn't help. I've tried HUNDREDS of mods to attempt to fix it but nothing gets it right. I played Morrowind, and I played Skyrim, and I played Fallout 3, and I played Skyrim, and no matter their other content, all it gave me was a great, writhing caution for a 'first person rpg', because all of these games played awfully.

Yall making this sound like anyone who doesn't want this is a huge idiot, but did you already forget how great The Witcher 3 was? With a proper third person camera and excellent framing of the world? How much better it controlled and how nice it was to actually see Geralt react to his environment? C'mon now.

Who the heck wants to melee in first person?

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Yall making this sound like anyone who doesn't want this is a huge idiot, but did you already forget how great The Witcher 3 was?
I sure as heck didn't. Did you? Because the developers of that game decided that going first person for this game was the better choice.

You're not an idiot for not buying this game. But you sure as heck ain't smart for dismissing this game out of hand based on the camera perspective. But whatever, you do you.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Here

All the things I hate doing in a first person perspective, oh boy. No, sorry, at this point I'm going to get this game probably after release, and not day 1, and as I said, this is a major disappointment to me. The only real reason I still have interest is because it's CD Projekt, whereas other 'first person rpgs' like Skyrim or Fallout don't get such a pass from me. I don't look forward to any of those, whatsoever, because no matter how much they make it immersive ooh, it plays like garbage because of that perspective.Skyrim's third person camera doesn't impress, doesn't change how the game plays or feels, and doesn't help. I've tried HUNDREDS of mods to attempt to fix it but nothing gets it right. I played Morrowind, and I played Skyrim, and I played Fallout 3, and I played Skyrim, and no matter their other content, all it gave me was a great, writhing caution for a 'first person rpg', because all of these games played awfully.

Yall making this sound like anyone who doesn't want this is a huge idiot, but did you already forget how great The Witcher 3 was? With a proper third person camera and excellent framing of the world? How much better it controlled and how nice it was to actually see Geralt react to his environment? C'mon now.

You're saying this as if the Witcher 3 controlled like a dream and had good combat.

Oct 25, 2017

The funny thing is people are simply saying they are out for not really jiving with the new camera perspective...but are still even getting shit for straight up being honest about not getting the game so others who do can enjoy it. It's kind of funny tbh.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Here

You played Bethesda games and concluded that the reason that the games controlled badly was because of the perspective rather than the games' controls and design?

As for the other question, Skyrim flailing isn't the only example of first person melee. Butcher Bay and Mirror's Edge both showcase fluidly animated melee. Games like Syndicate and Wolfenstein have well-animated contextual melee kills

The descriptions of melee from previews - in the demo, V had arm blade augmentations - sounds contextual rather than flailing around like a Bethesda game

Starsunder

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm like the opposite of most people, I'm sooooo much more excited knowing it's a FPS viewpoint. So much more immersive for me.

A Bladerunner-esque Skyrim? Shhhiiiiieeeeeeet.

Bring it

NoKisum

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
Aite my dude if you think CDPR will go out of their way to not let you have afrocentric hair while working with Mike Pondsmith and having the great ones already linked to you on NPCs then I guess we gotta wait 2 years to see which one of us is right.
I guess "not let" is too harsh. It's more like devs are either too ignorant or greatly overlook placing various styles of afrocentric hair on the creator, regardless of how they're styled on the NPCs. Most likely going off every game I've played that feature "extremely high quality and super in depth" character creators (including ones from AAA titles), we'll be lucky to get one afro, one set of cornrows, and one set of dreads.

But like I said before, it makes no difference anyway because the game is locked to first person. So even if CDPR pulled some Jesus level miracles to get various afrocentric styles on the main character, what would be the point if you can't see them?