• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
Based on what we have heard this isn't cover shooter. You can play it like that, but you can also go fast and hard in.

They have done design and gameplay development on playable flying vehicles (based on people they have been looking to hire), but nothing official yet if we get to fly them or what.
Drivable would be nice but I'd be happy if we can just ride in flying taxis.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They changed their minds about including all the classes. Your can only use three classes in this: Solo, Techie and Net Runner.

Going off the following:

Optional classes exist (like Rockerboy and Corporate) and you can pull perks from them to add into your own custom class

At least some of the Cyberpunk roles have made the transition, at least in a fashion. Whether that includes the cop role, I dunno.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I haven't experiented with that.. It's easier on PC for sure if the framerate is really high and smooth. No Man's Sky for example is completely unplayable at unstable lower framerates for me, can't play for more than 5 minutes, but with a 144hz screen and gsync I've managed to play it for ~300 hours.
But in the end it's a lottery, it might work or it might not, so I usually just stay away from these types of games.

I have the opposite issue. The smoother and higher framerate the game is, the more likely it is to make me sick. Luckily, it usually normalizes if I power through it.

Had to play Dark Souls 3 for about 10 hours before looking at it did not make me want to hurl.

Crystal Spire

Oct 27, 2017
FPS? Sorry, I love CD projekt to death but I just can't play with first person at all, like I don't even play shooters because I just can't.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just a random thought thats probably been put forth before but another reason for the FPV is so that the game could be VR compatible further down the line. With what they're reportedly doing with UI and immersion CP77 could be a helluva VR title.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
I'm sure CDPR will address this somehow (they may already have in some fashion). If not, luckily mods will most likely provide a workaround - but as vocal as everyone has been already so far - I can't imagine this valid concern won't be taken seriously by the developers.

In summary, I wouldn't FREAK out quite yet. There's still a lot more work to be done on the game. Hard to imagine options won't be implemented for people who need them (and beyond).

Why should you freak out at all? Jesus guys

Vela

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Oh my god, this video made me so sad and echoes my worries as well. She's been doing so much coverage and creative promotion for this game and her reaction to the game being first person is just :'(

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Oh my god, this video made me so sad and echoes my worries as well. She's been doing so much coverage and creative promotion for this game and her reaction to the game being first person is just :'(

Very interested where she's sourcing we were guaranteed third and first person views that you could switch between.

I honestly had no idea that so many people wouldn't be able to play this game due to motion sickness since first person games have been predominant for so long. I would have assumed a mass of people would have spoken out about the issue over and over every time a first person game was released. They've been around for nearly forty years.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
ATL
So, is motion sickness for non-VR video games mainly caused by FoV or are their other factors? I ask this because I have friends that get motion sick playing most first and third person games.

smart patrol

Oct 27, 2017
It's def going to be pushed back even later than whatever date they were anticipating right? :/

I've never seen so much backlash over perspective.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Very interested where she's sourcing we were guaranteed third and first person views that you could switch between.

I honestly had no idea that so many people wouldn't be able to play this game due to motion sickness since first person games have been predominant for so long. I would have assumed a mass of people would have spoken out about the issue over and over every time a first person game was released. They've been around for nearly forty years.

There was a meeting with investors a few years ago where CDPR said it was a mix of FPP and TPP, but what that meant exactly, no one seemed to know, people assumed it meant that it was going to work something like Elder Scrolls where you could switch freely. It still is a mix of FPP and TPP actually because traveling in cars can be TPP and cutscenes are TPP but everything else seems to be FPP.

VAPORxDYNE

Oct 27, 2017
If they do a third person mode, they shouldn't work on it until after the game is released like GTA5.

Got an example of mods like this? I keep asking people that say this and I get no response.

I believe there was a 3rd person mod for Resident Evil 7. just quickly google search ''Resident Evil 7 3rd person mod'' and you should get some hits.

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
It's def going to be pushed back even later than whatever date they were anticipating right? :/
Who knows, but I don't think we can say that conclusively. This is the company still (mostly) standing by their ideals regarding DRM, after all.

Honestly, if Skyrim is one of the most popular video games ever (yes, you can toggle but everyone knows it's garbage) I think Cyberpunk can be fine despite this. Even if this discussion is happening on all video game forums, video game forums are still a minority of consumers. And as cold as it sounds, I believe this is a vocal minority that could eventually largely subside.

Last edited:

Deleted member 11018

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

ISOM

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
If they do a third person mode, they shouldn't work on it until after the game is released like GTA5.

Got an example of mods like this? I keep asking people that say this and I get no response.

I don't know of any mods that enable third person switch and is actually good.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
i guess the thing that is a little reassuring to me in terms of storyline and conversations in fp is that cdpr confirmed there are going to be long term romances. those never work if they are not well written and acted and i trust them to not screw it up, so for me that means they are still putting a lot of work into characters and writing or at least i hope they do. it would be such a disappointment after witcher 3 and the amazing character interactions that were in this game if you don't give a crap about what's happening on screen in cyberpunk because the narrative is weak.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
With the mentions of like Deus Ex, are people talking about Deus Ex (1) (one of many golden era games) or DX:HR (Deus Ex: Human Revolution). I like both, my favorite is still the original though which I replay sometimes. An important distinction to make though since it seems weird to me for "Deus Ex" to be a short hand for the later one.

Disgraced also specified HR for the first person dialogue example, so there's that.

The original also, while obviously is FP, has TP dialogue, which comes up right away when the character runs into his bro.

megalowho

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
God, Austin and Patrick's recap of the demo on the latest Waypoint podcast has me humming. Game sounds incredible, from the highly detailed world to the gameplay loop and customization options to capturing the ethos and look of the genre. Whenever this footage gets out there, we're in for a treat.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's the MadQueen, she's been following this game for years and make lore videos on it since the source material is from Cyberpunk 2020. She use to play 2020 when she was in school.

She's very passionate about this game and came to tears when CDPR showed the reveal trailer at Microsoft event.

Fuck, I just watched her reaction and teared right up there with her

texni

Mar 17, 2018
I trust CD project to do what's the best for the game. Their Creative team are one of the most talented team you can find. I can't believe some people are here trying to give "lessons" about how the game should look or should be played. If you're not happy, then go do your own Cyberpunk game with your own vision.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeZoXQJTELE

Admittedly, a lot depends on the sort of animations that the game uses. If you look like this when you crouch:

CQDvK.jpg

..Then a mod could take a long time.

BrassDragon

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
After 'sunshinegate', this 'third-person-or-I'm-out' thing made me roll my eyes and just give up on Cyberpunk threads altogether. But you know what? I've come around to the accessibility argument. I sympathize with the concern and I could see CDPR addressing it... not with a design overhaul (which would be bonkers) but granular visual/animation settings.

Having said that, when Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines came out I thought that was the future of CRPGs especially when technology would catch up to the ambition. Incredible we had to wait this long for someone to pick up where Troika left off.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017

One thing I haven't seen in impressions though is whether or not having too much cybernetics causes your character to become potentially crazy, losing their humanity, or get so bad that you are inflicted with cyberpsychosis. I guess something like that wouldn't be shown in a small slice for a game demo, but it'll be interesting to see if that will be a thing for the full game.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I'm not sure I follow your logic. When Bethesda releases Elder Scrolls 6 or Fallout 5 in 202x, why should it concern me? I get motion sickness, but I also (1) have not played FPS games (2) do not play FPS games and (3) will not play FPS games due to sickness. I, and many other people, don't talk about things that don't concern us.

On the other hand, I've been following CDProjecktRed since they released the original Witcher on PC. It was fantastic, and I played it from the isometric perspective (which I imagine is rare). Witcher 2 and Witcher 3 moved to the behind-the-back perspective, which was disappointing to me but I lived with it.

I was incredibly excited, and I'm sure many others were incredibly excited, by Cyberpunk 2077 because of CDPR's pedigree. We were excited by what they accomplished with the Witcher and we have expectations that Cyberpunk would carry that legacy. So you can imagine that some (not all) people would be disappointed to hear that it is moving from TPS (which is how we spent hundreds of hours in CDPR's world) to FPS (which is new for CDPR fans).

Unlike what some people are trying to assert in this thread, TPS and FPS is significant enough that people can be persuaded to check it out (when they were otherwise uninterested) or dissuaded from it.

Where do I stand on the matter? Well, I'm disappointed. But I respect CDPR's artistic vision and if they believe FPS is the right perspective to achieve that, well all the more power to them. I trust in their ability to create a wonderful, fun, and engaging game. I just won't be there to experience it.

Oct 27, 2017
cant fucking wait to get this on ps5 fps kreygasm...
deus ex + gta + witcher....

dream game. the art design is insane.

fps >>>>>>>>>>>>> tps infact I fucking hate third person shooters... soo really happy they going with fps shooter.. i hope they get some experience designers in that department.

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got motion sickness with God of War due to low FOV, and I play tons of FPS games constantly. Does perspective really have anything to do with it? Only FPS I can remember doing this to me was Halo 3 which has a notoriously low FOV.
Yeah, this is the thing. The only way to really make this third person is to make it the sort of third person that's compatible with first-person design, with a cramped, over-the shoulder view, not a character running around in the middle of the screen with the analog stick, and I'm not sure the former will help the motion sick contingent all that much.

mrjack

Mar 7, 2018
I've spent a lot of time thinking about why I and many others don't, won't or can't play games in first person but it all boils down to the fact that it's a miserable experience no matter how "good" the game is.

I knew I didn't like FPSs when I started gaming but I thought it was because it was mindless shooting. When everyone kept telling me to play Mass Effect, I kept putting it off because it was a "shooter" in my mind but it turns out I really enjoy shooting in third person even though I really sucked at first, swapping my sword for an assault rifle.

When Deus Ex:HR came out, I was sure I would get over it because the game looked awesome. And it was... objectively speaking. I loved everything about the setting and the story, the stealth and the augments. But after a few days of playing, I realised that I wasn't actually enjoying myself. First of all I just felt completely disorientated being this disembodied "ghost" or just a pair of hands moving about the world but also I just felt really uncomfortable being in the "skin" of Adam Jensen. I didn't like getting shot because it felt like I was actually under attack, I didn't like the creepy polygon people looking me directly in the eye... I just hated it. I couldn't role play as Jensen because I felt like I was him and I wasn't under any illusions that I was some badass super cyber cop. It all just felt wrong. I felt too exposed and I stopped playing.

I tried to pick up a couple of FPP games since and it is always the same story. I just hate it. And as I've gotten older (only 36), I've had health problems with my inner ear and my vision that makes playing FPP games physically exhausting or vomit-inducing the few times I've tried forcing myself to give them a chance.

There are dozens of games that I would love to play but I just can't because of forced first-person such as Metro, Bioshock or Far Cry to name a few.

I wasn't really a fan of The Witcher series (didn't like Geralt at all) but I can see 3 was a good game (story/setting) made by a talented and dedicated team of devs so when I heard they'd be making a Cyberpunk game, I was interested. After seeing the trailer at E3, I was really invested, especially because of character customisation, but now that I know it is FPP-only, I know I won't be playing it.

For some people, FPP is a dealbreaker and everyone should respect and understand that. I'm not going to beg the devs to change the game for me but I won't be buying it and I understand why long term fans of CDPR are heartbroken. If one of my favourite developers suddenly started making games I couldn't play anymore, I would be devastated too.

All this talk of "giving the game a chance" or arguing which POV is more "immersive" is pointless. Most, if not all, of us have been giving FPP games a chance for years or even decades and they just don't work. So when someone next says, "I'm out", just accept it and move on instead of trying to shame people into playing a game mode they know full-well they will hate.

Those that are far more invested in the game that I am have a right to speak up about why they won't be playing, if they can be respectful while asking the devs to reconsider. Maybe CDPR underestimated how many of us can't or won't play in FPP, and maybe they'll do something about it... or maybe they won't. Trying to defend CDPR's "artistic integrity" on their behalf is ridiculous. Just move on.

Last edited:

Ganzlinger

Oct 27, 2017
I trust CD project to do what's the best for the game. Their Creative team are one of the most talented team you can find. I can't believe some people are here trying to give "lessons" about how the game should look or should be played. If you're not happy, then go do your own Cyberpunk game with your own vision.
Shutting down other people's opinions on the game isn't what this forum is about. No one here is trying to teach them how to make the game. Some people can't play the game in FP and because they love CDPR they really wanted to experience the game. The lack of empathy and the "get away from here" comments aren't really any better than some complaints.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Sorry if already asked, but is it known if they will release the gameplay footage that's been shown to the press anytime soon?

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope not. Absolutely no need to dilute their vision due to people's preferences.
This is how I feel. I didn't see a SINGLE PERSON in the media react negatively to the perspective in the demo that was shown. The impressions were positively glowing.

If they do it after launch, great, but no need to delay the game and compromise on their vision.

I've never seen this kind of argument before until Cyberpunk. I know people complain about motion sickness in other shooters due to a low FOV... but I'm sure CDPR can address that with an FOV setting.

Pagusas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Frisco, Tx
Incase this hasnt been posted yet:

In the interview they strait up say you'll be able see your character in the inventory screen "for those that are worried about not seeing your character"

Also they strait up talked about people complaining about it not being third person, saying the first person perspective is perfect for what they want to do, and not to worry it will be great.

Afro

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I might do the same. Still rocking an i5 2500k but it might be time for an upgrade for this game.

I built my original PC for The Witcher 2.

My i7 3770 / 980 Ti combo has treated me well, but I'm going all in for this one. Playing this at 100+ fps G-sync'd w/ everything on Ultra will melt my retinas.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Borderlands pre-sequel perhaps ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=110&v=1AbaLhgXzAE

Never tried that (nor played the game) but the base game is FPS xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeZoXQJTELE

Admittedly, a lot depends on the sort of animations that the game uses. If you look like this when you crouch:

CQDvK.jpg

..Then a mod could take a long time.

Those look a little awkward, but hey there you go.

Oct 25, 2017
I watched some of that video. I didn't realize if you're dyslexic you have issues with FP games in a way where you don't with TP I guess? How does that work exactly? To me the two feel almost interchangeable with regard to that.

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who suffers from motion sickness from lots of first person games - going to a (very) high FOV, 120fps and turning off most post processing effects really helps alleviate any troubles I used to have.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Shutting down other people's opinions on the game isn't what this forum is about. No one here is trying to teach them how to make the game. Some people can't play the game in FP and because they love CDPR they really wanted to experience the game. The lack of empathy and the "get away from here" comments aren't really any better than some complaints.
I feel for the people who have legitimate issues with first person perspective but I highly doubt that applies to everyone posting here. 90% of what's posted here is pure hyperbole, plain and simple. And then you have people here calling CDPR 'arrogant' and 'inconsiderate' for following their vision. And others are bringing up Bethesda as a good example of third person games. This thread feels like crazy town at times.

This is in stark contrast with all the press impressions gushing over the game and calling it one of the best gaming demo's they've ever seen. Meanwhile Reset Era has been locked in a continuous loop of sunlight and first person allergy.

CrapNapkin

Oct 27, 2017
I feel for the people who have legitimate issues with first person perspective but I highly doubt that applies to everyone posting here. 90% of what's posted here is pure hyperbole, plain and simple. And then you have people here calling CDPR 'arrogant' and 'inconsiderate' for following their vision. And others are bringing up Bethesda as a good example of third person games. This thread feels like crazy town at times.

This is in stark contrast with all the press impressions gushing over the game and calling it one of the best gaming demo's they've ever seen. Meanwhile Reset Era has been locked in a continuous loop of sunlight and first person allergy.

1 0 0 %