• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Can't lie, I was hoping it would be third person but first person ain't too bad either.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would you drop a game sight unseen from a studio that just made one of the best games ever, entirely based on if the camera was first or third person? The notion is ludicrous.
In an RPG sure. If I'm not seeing I'm not RPGing.

I also really dislike FP horror games and think third person ones are vastly superior to any FP one.

johancruijff

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
giphy.gif

now confirm next gen for full speed hype trusters

Daisya

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What a mistake? This will not effect the mass gaming market.
I never said it would?

Reading this thread, the responses calling people "crazy" and "absurd" for being down on FPS are the only ones that are raising my eyebrow.

People have preferences; Some people like sims, some like puzzle games, some like turn-based, some like FPS, some like third person action.

It's super weird to hear people not grasp that concept, that the reveal of FPS only (except for driving) would either turn people off, or get them more interested.

Christ.
it's hilarious tbh, they seem a lot more upset than us.

papertowel

Nov 6, 2017
If enough people let CDPR know they want third person, I bet they add it. They're one of the best devs when it comes to listening to their community.

Oct 29, 2017
Not sure why some people consider something like a camera perspective to be a dealbreaker, but whatever. Their loss, I'm sure the game will be absolutely phenomenal.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
People throw a fit at the tiniest of the things without knowing much or seeing much.

Deus Ex has always been a first person RPG with shooting and it's been a pretty damn good one, so just think about that first before you start going "FPS :( "

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm assuming a lot of you hate elder scrolls and fallout due to all this fps rpg hate. Guess you guys aren't interested in Starfield either.

Personally I wouldn't say hate. I do strongly dislike Elder Scrolls (but that's because of writing) and don't really like Fallout nearly as much as some other games. First person perspective is actually one of the reasons I don't like those games as much.

Raptor

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only way they will make me buy this game is if the game has lots of gore and explosions and blood everywhere like TW3.

NewDonkStrong

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
"Who cares about customization if you only see them in cutscenes wtf"

Like did you PLAY any of the Witchers, or Mass Effect, or Dragon Age? Talking to people in cutscenes is a MASSIVE chunk of WRPGs.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
When did it become the cool thing to hate on first person games? I'm so confused right now.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ouch, unexpected for me, I first tought that only driving/flying and matrix hacking could be in FPS view :o

What I disllike the most in FPSRPG is the pixel hunting (an expression coming from point'n'click) when you constantly have to chase the entire screen to find a reactive area.

Followed by that feeling to see the world from a shoesbox and to move like a drone, than the fish-eye effect on nearby perspectives and the total absence of body awarness.

Maybe they will change their view 'till the release.

SuperBanana

Oct 28, 2017
It'll be funny when all of you saying you're out will absolutely buy it once the 10/10 reviews hit. See you in the OT next year.

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
Two of the most, if not the most immersive RPG's are FPS, and somehow Cyberpunk being FPS is a bad thing (except for those who have motion sickness).

forrest

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
FPS is totally fine by me. Would still be nice to have the option. As long as it's not an afterthought like Bethesda 3rd person.

Oct 29, 2017
From the sound of it. In one hand I would rather they demo a less action focused sequence. I the other, that's kind of what we already knew CDPR knows how to do.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
Not talking about all of The Witcher fans. You're exceptional obviously. There are some The Witcher fans who hate FPS.
I'm exceptional for liking both TW and the look of this? Are you really saying that you think most TW fans won't like this? And somehow that makes you happy? God, the sheer stupidity one comes across in this place sometimes.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
This is a huge disappointment for me because I've immensely enjoyed TPS over FPS.

Aokiji

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
the issue here is not whether the quality of the game will be in question due to CDPR making 3rd person masterpieces, b/c we see how devs can transition into new things and they still be amazing (KillZone -> Horizon). The problem is *a lot* of people had their hopes up of playing this in 3rd person, and now theyve been told they wont have that option. So idk why it's so ridiculous for people to be very disappointed

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not affected in any way of first or third person. Chances are it's a toggle as they revealed in earlier discussions and if some reason it's not, there will always be mods.