• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/cybe...-pretty-different-to-what-we-shown-last-year/

The link tries to add context but this seems to be a translation of an interview with Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz at this site:
https://areajugones.sport.es/2019/0...er-scrolls-y-deus-ex-entrevista-a-cd-projekt/
"We are constantly polishing and thinking how to make the game more interesting, how to make the gameplay more cool and, well, the demo shown last year was only a small fragment of the actual game. There wasn't a clear picture of how the game fits into an open world or how it fits into a larger image of the game. So, there are many stuff that we didn't show yet, there are many things that we are still working on. I would say that the game is pretty different to what we shown last year but there are many details that we are currently working on."
"I would say that Cyberpunk 2077 is an open world game with a strong narrative component set in a dark future. It is an RPG with decisions and consequences where everything you do matters. Well, I do not know how much more I can put in the box, it depends on the source we use. I would say that there are many ways to play in terms of gameplay and it offers a wide variety of options depending on how you want to play the title and allows you to enjoy the way you want to play. I think that's how I would describe the title."

"I would like to make a reference to one of the previous questions and that is that our game is mainly an RPG, then the combat in the first person is something added to this genre. In this way, the gameplay in Cyberpunk offers a variety of ways to complete the missions and I think this is the biggest difference because it not only matters the shooter side, but also how to incorporate this aspect in your way of playing through the title. And we have a good amount of mechanics that are based on this concept which we have not yet shown, so stay tuned.

In addition to this we are working on bringing good and fun combat mechanics and I think we have a wide range of weapons that will make our game stand out. I do not know if you remember in the previous demo that there were smart rifles and this is something that I have not seen much in the current FPS. Also, I think that in terms of gameplay we have some ideas and things that are not ready yet and that we are trying to implement, because they will be very good."
"I think it would be something in between, because it is an RPG and we have statistics, damage and so on. And as you know, enemies also have stats, then it is not super realistic like a World War II title where a shot means to be dead, but I would say that it does not reach the level of arcade like the examples you have described (In this case they were Borderlands and Bulletstorm). Here you still need to cover yourself, then you can not just jump and avoid enemies. Although there are ways to play the title in this way using for example the melee weapon we saw last year, the katana. And if you move in this direction you will achieve a more arcade style for your character. In short, I would say it would be something in between."

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Someone is going to take this to mean that the game looks worse now and that CDPr is on preemptive damage control lol

Brace yourselves for the shitty YouTube drama takes

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
I imagine as much. In fact, they've been saying it a lot, they almost didn't show the footage last year because of this and only time will tell if they should have just stayed put.

Personally, I fully trust them as developers and naturally assume the game is even better now than then, so it's ok. Take as much time as you need, it's ready when it's ready, just make it awesome.

EDIT- I don't think it's odd, making games it very reiterative, it'd be strange if it was actually exactly the same. Of course, this is all specualtion until we know how much different it now is.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
Witcher 3 level of downgrade confirmed. JK, games can change a lot during the dev time. I trust CDPR to know it's for the best.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no. Please don't let it be too different, at least the RPG and choice aspect.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think what they showed last year was only a "small fragment of the actual game", at least not from a mechanics and themes standpoint. But I'm curious to see how different it is.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
I'm not worried. The only downgrade I could possibly see is the amount NPCs on screen. Otherwise, nothing impossible considering what RDR2 achieved on current hardware.

Last edited:

Thizzles

Banned
Feb 9, 2019
97 metacritic..23 million sales and counting...130+ GOTY awards

RDR 2 has and will never be divisive, it is only "divisive" on ERA if anything
It is certainly divisive. But sure whatever makes you feel better. The game isnt as great as its hyped up to be. The story is a slog and boring, the combat is terrible. Cyberpunk 2077 can easily best what rdr2 did. Rdr2 wasnt even the best game released last year.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It is certainly divisive. But sure whatever makes you feel better. The game isnt as great as its hyped up to be. The story is a slog and boring, the combat is terrible. Cyberpunk 2077 can easily best what rdr2 did. Rdr2 wasnt even the best game released last year.
Oh, I get it now. It's the most divisive game, because it didn't meet your personal standards. Makes perfect sense to me.... I honestly don't think that RDR2 is even among the top five most genuinely divisive games of 2018. People have strong feelings about the game one way or another, sure, but most people aren't taking it as far as the "RDR2 might kill gaming" crowd does.

Last edited:

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
you might have a very different definition of what divisive means then the majority of us then. RDR 2 continues to be praised as a masterpiece

Thizzles

Banned
Feb 9, 2019
Oh, I get it now. It's the most divisive game, because it didn't meet your personal standards. Makes perfect sense to me.... I honestly don't think that RDR2 is even among the top five most genuinely divisive games of 2018. People have strong feelings about the game one way or another, sure, but most people aren't taking it as far as the "RDR2 might kill gaming" crowd does.
It didnt meet a lot of peoples standards. The combat that the entire game revolves around is awful. But sure, its a masterpiece. Like i said it wasnt even the best game released last year. That is also based off numerous peoples opinions and by the awards god of war won. As long as cyberpunks combat and ganeplay is actually funz itll be better then rdr2

KaiLeng

Sep 8, 2018
You know what. I said in some other thread about being sure of Cyberpunk releasing this year. I take it back. If they are still not even sure, after 8 or how many years already, how their gameplay fits into an open world, they are not releasing anywhere earlier than late 2020.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
No its not lol Just look at the history of E3 reveals and onstage 'gameplay' playthroughs

Even if you take out all the vertical slices and whatever you call the thing they did for Anthem (playable target render???), they've said the game is still in alpha or beta or whatever, its obviously going to change in some aspect.

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Please no, don't make it third person.

giphy.gif

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
CDPR: Here you go, little girl. I give you your game.

*Looks at the cover and sees "Cyberpunk 2077: A Point-and-click Adventure Game"*
Me: But I gave you a AAA, 80 million dollar big budget action adventure game....

CDPR: It is point and click adventure game now.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
So is it different because more game mechanics are polished and ready to be shown and not because of a change of game mechanics?

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
RIP 2019 dreams of Cyberpunk and TLOU2. Sounds like Spring 2020 at the absolute earliest, more likely summer 2020.

Well, at least it leaves a clear slot for TLOU2 to shine.

Zenkuso

Jan 28, 2019
Not surprised, it's why they didn't want to show that video to the public.

It's always going to be a work in progress until they are happy with what they have.

Meliodas

Apr 7, 2019
I certainly hope so because I did not like what I saw in that 48 min demo, just a bunch of FPS games mixed together.

Wasn't as unique and praiseworthy as the gaming media made it out to be.