• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I won't link every question he has answered but here is a few, and I highly recommend checking out his Twitter in case someone else asked your same question:

p4EslNW.jpg

And here is the CyberPunk 2077 Speculation thread:

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Now that it's confirmed that I can make an outrageously gay Cyber-Geralt, I'm sold. Preordering today.

Is Keanu a romance option? IS HE? Someone ping Schrier to ask the important questions.

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Did they made flying cars a reality?

I think there was rumours about that a while ago

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I can't wait. I would have loved to play this on the ps5. I guess, this will hold me until it comes out. I also hope there are endless content to this game and it is not like the Witcher where when you finish the game, it goes in the recycle bin.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I can't wait. I would have loved to play this on the ps5. I guess, this will hold me until it comes out. I also hope there are endless content to this game and it is not like the Witcher where when you finish the game, it goes in the recycle bin.
Hold until they patched the game. And it will probably be delayed, so wait for the better.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Yes! Maybe they will make just transportation devices where the player cannot control them
Basically. They've confirmed that the player won't pilot any flying vehicles.

They're definitely present in the city though and CDPR has said there are situations where you'll be a passenger on one of them.

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I don't think players ever control them, but flying vehicles are definitely seen, like this:
eOf2SMH.gif
I think mainly the AVs aren't controllable due to story reasons - like being able to fly right to the end of the game or something. It would be cool if in the last expansion as a reward for beating it, you get the ability to drive AV's because at that point, what would it matter if you've completed the entire game?

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
wonder who is going to be romanceable if you're playing straight male V. only characters so far that come to mind are T-Bug and that one corpo lady from the 2018 demo. i like T-Bug but i hope CDPR still has to reveal a lot more characters.

Spongehead56

Jul 6, 2018
Wisconsin
I couldn't be more hyped for a video game. Romances are sounding great. And I'm excited that there will be mini-games. They're dramatically stepping things up from the Witcher 3.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
wonder who is going to be romanceable if you're playing straight male V. only characters so far that come to mind are T-Bug and that one corpo lady from the 2018 demo. i like T-Bug but i hope CDPR still has to reveal a lot more characters.
Theres probably a few important romanceable characters for every type of romance option that they havent even showed. This being less attached with an already main character will probably give them more liberty to create a lot of own characters that you can romance instead of only having a sidequest and sex (or bothel) and only have like 3 real options because they were already romanced in the books by geralt (Yen, Triss, Shani, and somewhat Keira)

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Good stuff. My biggest question is still about enemy variety.

I have very little knowledge of the Cyberpunk universe, and I'm curious about just how monstrous things could get while remaining true to the source material. Can we expect the sorts of bio-mechanical horrors you'd see in games like System Shock and SOMA? Or does the lore simply not incorporate anything drastically removed from reality?

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

We've hardly really seen anything from the game yet. Both demo's don't even account for 2 hours combined

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Man they seems to be hiding a lot of shit about this game.......I love it.
It also took a while before we got any real blowout about Witcher 3. Granted they had an E3 demo with dialogue options and cinematics and combat in 2014 but that was all we got until months before it shipped. Cyberpunk thus far took the same approach and we weren't even supposed to have seen the gameplay from last year.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they have some sort of GWENT equivalent in this game that is like Netrunner. Im ready for some weird cyber punk tabletop games!!

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Now that it's confirmed that I can make an outrageously gay Cyber-Geralt, I'm sold. Preordering today.

Is Keanu a romance option? IS HE? Someone ping Schrier to ask the important questions.

I don't think he will even have a physical body.

He was an important character in cyberpunk 2020, now it's 57 years later. I'm betting he's either an AI or a GitS style "Ghost"

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What? T-Bug died in the E3 cinematic iirc

The gameplay we've seen indicates that there's a heavy emphasis in the game on the player being able to affect outcomes. So even if the cinematic is something that can happen ingame in exactly the same way, I'd say it's very unlikely that there's not other ways it could play out

That was Jackie. T-Bug is support over comms, dont think we've even seen the character?

T-bug is the black lady that tries to hack V in the cinematic, that V then shoots

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't expect anything mini game wise outside of what they've already mentioned as side activities. I would have liked a nice hobby game like gwent to challenge others to, but seems like I'll have to make due with hoping car racing and boxing have good rewards and possibly solid story lines behind them.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
I don't remember W3 being like that,Geralt was stuck with Yen or Triss iirc.
I was more interested in the herbalist from white orchard and Rosa tbh but they weren't available.
The options were very limited imo,in fact i liked the girls from the dlcs more than Triss and Yen.
But it's been a while since i played W3 tbh.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I was more interested in the herbalist from white orchard and Rosa tbh but they weren't available.
The options were very limited imo,in fact i liked the girls from the dlcs more than Triss and Yen.
There are 'main romances' in every game to an extent.

Witcher 1 had Shani and triss
Witcher 2 had triss and the short haired blonde lady that makes a short appearance in 3.
Witcher 3 had triss and yenn

But you were able to have short one night stands with various named npcs and even go to a prostitution place in all the games.

Their comment was more on saying Geralt was strictly heterosexual and interested in women, plus him having main romantic interested as per the plots in the novels. while V in this game can have romances with various people regardless of sex or gender.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California

Witcher 3 had quite a few romance options, most with their own quests:
  • Keira Metz (questline)
  • Jutta an Dimun (questline)
  • Madame Sasha (play the Gwent tourney, win and give her half the winnings)
  • Shani (DLC) (questline)
  • Syanna (DLC) (questline)
  • Various Women at the Brothels in Novigrad
  • Triss (main)
  • Yen (main)

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure there will be a lot more. Think of like a GTA game, with dozens of named characters. No doubt this will be similar in scope (probably bigger).

I'm sure there's dozens of
Good stuff. My biggest question is still about enemy variety.

I have very little knowledge of the Cyberpunk universe, and I'm curious about just how monstrous things could get while remaining true to the source material. Can we expect the sorts of bio-mechanical horrors you'd see in games like System Shock and SOMA? Or does the lore simply not incorporate anything drastically removed from reality?
I actually ordered a few of the 2020 sourcebooks and have been reading through them this week. My first impression is that there doesn't appear to be anything like that. It's all very tech / mechanical, even in extreme instances of cyberware use.

I think CDPR has mentioned that the Maelstrom gang from last year's demo represents that extreme end of the spectrum.

1536341328422.png

latest

edit: re-reading your question, I guess there could be some bio-horror type enemies in the game. Haven't seen that in the 2020 sourcebooks, but I've only read two so far. For some reason in my mind I assumed you were asking about cyberware modification specifically.

Last edited: