• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 13077

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing how Gamers(tm) will mobilise when it's something they give a shit about.

Devastating crunch? Fine

Multiple instances of transphobia? Fine

Three week delay? FUCKING DIE YOU ASSHOLES!

On topic: sending death threats is fucking stupid and unacceptable, even if it's to the people at fault for all of the above (the upper management, not the dev team).

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
The sad part about this it's so common I'm not even surprised it's happening and that's terrible.

They get fucked from all angles, there is no winning for the dev team.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I can only wish all the best to the devs at CDPR crunching away at this game and now having an additional 3-week stretch, going online and having to deal with stupid shit like this.

Please stay healthy.

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
It feels like there's people going out sending death threats for so many silly things nowadays, it's really sad that people gotta go so far. :(

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Death threads have to be the crime that is least punished. You barely hear about people actually getting arrested over them even though they are so common on the internet.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gamers TM are such a selfish bunch of assholes.
They only care that their unreleased game, that they already love more than anything comes out on time.
Crunch, abuse? Nah, who cares.

Fuck off you fuckfaces. As if deaththreads make any product better.
And thanks to your behaviour it is even harder to seriously discuss everything that is going wrong at such studios

Supoman

Oct 28, 2017
Developers are crunching their asses off, and by the end of the day all you get is a death threat huh.

Deleted member 50232

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Amazing how Gamers(tm) will mobilise when it's something they give a shit about.

Devastating crunch? Fine

Multiple instances of transphobia? Fine

Three week delay? FUCKING DIE YOU ASSHOLES!

On topic: sending death threats is fucking stupid and unacceptable, even if it's to the people at fault for all of the above (the upper management, not the dev team).

I don't think that's true that gamers think crunch and transphobia are "fine".

Have you seen the outrage on this forum about it?

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Man, I remember back in the day working for a game store and someone threatened to kill everyone in the store if they did not get Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. They literally thought we were hiding it from them out the back, when we had not even received the delivery yet.

Death threats to anyone over anything is not on.

Oct 28, 2017
With so many things going on in the world that you could understand people getting genuinely irate at, how the fuck is it something like this that makes people so angry?

Sad little bastards.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Imagine working for 100 hours s week only to be dealing with death threats.

I've seen people complaining they are taking vacation weeks because of this game and they just delayed the game like this lmao.

There's a pandemic going on...

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
As awful as everything is inside CDPR, death threats aren't okay. They're never okay. They're even less okay if you're threatening someone because your stupid game got delayed.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
I honestly don't know why someone would want to be a game developer now. Imagine if camera operators, lighting or sound engineers or other production staff for films and TV got the same level of harassment? At the moment it seems to be limited to actors, directors, producers and writers.

Increasing the reach of the public to individuals at these companies is a mistake. I'm so glad I have the protection of anonymity at my job.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I knew that this was going to piss people off more than the crunch.

These psychopath would want the developers to work till literal death for this game.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
That's just disgusting. I'm glad CDPR addressed it because fuck those people who think they're entitled to the game enough to send literal threats.

19thCenturyFox

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
Gamers rise up. I won't be oppressed by shifting release dates for my entertainment products any longer.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Gamers™: lol who cares if the lady has a dick, fucking snowflakes, is there anything you're not outraged by???

Also Gamers™: the FUCK?? THE GAME WAS DELAYED A FEW WEEKS??? i hope all of you, every single one of you working on the game, LITERALLY DIE PAINFUL DEATHS

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Imagine working ~100-hour weeks feverishly optimizing/bugfixing/certifying/etc. a massively complex, GTA-sized game for a simultaneous worldwide launch on PC, Stadia, PS4/Pro, PS5, XB1[S/X], and XBS[S/X]...and then getting fucking death threats because a bunch of manbabies didn't get the thing you're working on quickly enough.

Death threats are never okay. They're super never okay when it's over a damn videogame, especially in a time when most people have endless backlogs of great stuff to go through.

WildWayz

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Love the logic of these people sending death threats "We are going to kill you, but killing you means no game released" :D

Dumb, stupid kids. I don't think i've ever threatened any company other than to leave them lol

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
This shit makes me so fucking pissed. These developers deserve a year long vacation after the game's actually done. I would go fucking insane if I was working 100 hour work weeks on top of getting death threats for not working fast enough.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Getting fucked over by both your employer and your """fans"""".
No idea why anyone wants to do game dev for a living. Maybe if you had proper unions, and an audience that wasn't full of juvenile shit heels, but here and now, this industry is so fucked up, on so many levels.

PhotogDoug

Nov 10, 2017
Dayton, OH
This is ridiculous and as mentioned previously in this thread shows the hypocrisy of "gamers" as clear as day.

Gamers are the worst - change my mind.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's so funny man. It's the same trash Gamers who won't denounce the transphobia, but send death threats over delay of a game. Just trash humans.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Disgusting people. Why would you ever feel compelled to send such shit to others, especially over a video game.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine doing 100 hour-week in your work and after dealing with crunching hell and trying to get some rest some angry gamers sends death threats to you.

Varth

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
User Banned (Permanent): Victim blaming and implying devs are responsible for their own death threats over multiple posts; prior severe ban for inflammatory false equivalence around representation
Well, it's probably the same people defending them* in the cis cosplayer affair, so it kinda evens out. They are the shitstains you're cuddling with. Enjoy.

EDIT:
*them as in "the company", not the actual devs.

Last edited: