• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Looks astounding especially if that in-engine trailer is running on XB1X hardware. Shame about lack of gameplay but fact is that it's being saved for behind closed door showing.

The way they introduced it though. Woah!

potatohead

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Earthbound
People just want the same tired Blade Runner aesthetic.
I get where you guys are coming from too

But what Blade Runner came from has many more sources that include Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, Snow Crash, Neuromancer, and probably many more which have a certain set of "rules" for lack of a better word

I think it looks good I'm just saying

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Really disappointed with the artistic direction so far.
Just make the game look like this or maybe don't call it Cyberpunk:

4651057f97ee8f42b6c04cb581c5c69f.jpg

That said, I'll keep an eye on it and see what they do with this surprise in tone. Maybe I'll end up loving it.
Cyberpunk doesn't just mean neon lights noir style. that's just what Bladerunner did. Cyberpunk means high tech world with low quality of living. The game will obviously have day night cycle so you'll get your neon lit dark nights.

Cyberpunk 2077 is based on the Cyberpunk 2020 games so it fits the old 80s idea of what Cyberpunk looks like before Bladerunner started influencing everything else in the Cyberpunk genre. (Bladerunner had been out for a few years when Cymberpunk 2020 came out, but it hadn't influenced anything by then and Akira was 1991 as well, and GITS was a few years away too)

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Holy hell that world looks incredible, I so want to see gameplay but this game looks so ambitious so I'm not expecting it till next year.

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
Yes! The classic Vector W8 was my favourite dream car for so many years. Perfect starting point for an awesome cyberpunk car.
And yeah, the one in the game is even more awesome than the Vector :)
Hell yeah! I can't wait to customize it. I have a feeling the options will be deep like in Mad Max, with more futuristic functions with on board AI!

Ruken

Oct 29, 2017
1. Daytime in the concept art too
2. How do you know a market in the game doesn't look like that?

The term Cyberpunk carries certain connotations of noir at this point. Subjectively I'm disappointed as I prefer and expected the dark theme.
Maybe parts of the game -will- look like that that, but I take the reveal trailer as what they are putting out there to give people a feel for the tone and setting of the game.

Those shots in the trailer were in the day time though. I'm sure it will look like that at night time?
I hope so D:

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Eh I'm underwelmed lol

Expected more visual trip from this ..

..what I got was sunset overdrive meets GTA V :/

esseesse

Oct 27, 2017
This looks fucking amazing. I don't even care it does not follow Blade Runner's artistic style.
Take your time CD. Take your time!

Oct 29, 2017
Really disappointed with the artistic direction so far.
Just make the game look like this or maybe don't call it Cyberpunk:

4651057f97ee8f42b6c04cb581c5c69f.jpg

That said, I'll keep an eye on it and see what they do with this surprise in tone. Maybe I'll end up loving it.
I would say there's too little monolithic brutalism in this piece to be the traditional visual aesthetics of cyberpunk, even the trailer has scenes that look much more like traditional cyberpunk in media by virtue of not being at ground level and by showing skyscrapers.

J66ULnP.png

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Didn't care much for the Witcher because of its world and setting but I loved how the game played.

Now this game's setting and world are right up my alley, can't wait.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Not really sure what I should have been expecting, but this isn't what I was. The general aesthetic looks OK to me, but for some reason it has a very GTA/Watchdogs and almost MMO graphical style.

Stay tuned for E3 2019 for a ten second gameplay clip, with the announced release date of 2027.

Erebus

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Europe
To be fair, I expected a grittier and more melancholic atmosphere but damn the trailer looks so good. I also liked the cool hacking trick they did before showing the actual trailer of the game.

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Liked it, but not the character in the trailer, and I hope it's darker at times. Need more Blade Runner vibes.

Frostman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great Britain
Told you guys they had to start from scratch ;) Too bad they *politely* asked me to shut my mouth, or I would have some other things to write about. Anyway, I'm as excited as everyone else. The trailer looks amazing :D
This is damn frustrating. I don't know whether the trailer was a good or bad idea now tbh. Still a damn long wait no matter what, and they'll have people breathing down their necks.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
looked like a new UbiSoft game tbh. Trailers like this dont really display what makes CD Projekt Red games special or interesting.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
Even though I hated the Witcher 3 this looks right up my alley. I'm sold even without gameplay footage.

-JD-

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There's gotta be more to be shown later this E3, right? Need to see more. so hyped.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
I am really hyped now.

I'm glad they didn't just rip off Shadowrun or Deus Ex - imo that would have been boring.
My only issue is that the beginning of the trailer reminds me of Ready Player One.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
I'm disappointed with the mood and atmosphere of the game shown in the trailer. The days are too bright and the mood is too "GTA V", not dark and moody like classic cyberpunk.
That's what tabletop Cyberpunk was. It was very much colorful and punk.

I mean, it's a world where one of the classes is "Rocker". That should tell you the tone of the world

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
It's interesting that both characters are wearing the same (or similar?) jacket. It looks like you can choose a gender of your character.

screenshot2018-06-101llyg4.png

screen-just-around-the-corner.4.jpg

Ganzlinger

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, I'm pretty sure you can play your missions at night if you want, as it's pretty likely that there will be options to wait/sleep just like any modern RPG. Then you'll have your Neo Noir setting. It's amazing that we'll have both options.

TheVoidDragon

Jan 16, 2018
For me the problem is that it really doesn't match what the initial trailer suggested it would be in terms of tone. Watching it again, it's like it's a completely different thing:

Obviously that trailer wasn't going to be fully representative of the actual game itself, but i thought that it would at least suggest the sort of tone and atmosphere they were going for. It's understandable that people expected this to be more along the lines of Blade Runner as that's the impression the reveal trailer gave.

SaiyanRaoh

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New York
So according to the trailer......
"True SINGLE player Role playing game"
No micro transactions
Free DLC
No DRM.
A developer that gets it.

Haha, go fuck yourself EA.

Status