• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dajanksta

Oct 28, 2017
Sigh, these types of posts are so... I won't say more, as I don't want to be banned.

Do you know they have a dynamic time of day system in The Witcher 1? As in, the sun rises and falls, and day and night cycles exists?
And they did the same for The Witcher 2?
And again the same for The Witcher 3?

It's still an open world RPG, not a linear adventure game, they are going to maintain the dynamic time of day system.

What do you people expect there? To play by night, and when the sun rises, for the game to skip the day and go into the night again magically?

It's the same with rain. Yes, I'm sure the game will be atmospheric as fuck in the neon night when it rains, but surely it will be like TW3 or any other open world game, and weather will be dynamic. Sometimes it will be sunny. Sometimes it will rain. Sometimes it will *gasp* rain by night.
Lol

Deleted member 2550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was probably the most fleshed out display of Cyberpunk in a video game I've ever seen. As much as I love the gritty, dystopian NeoTokyo neon rain style, it's refreshing to see this.

It's just daytime guys, that still exists in the future.

Aeron

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine expecting a long ass massive RPG to be set in perpetual night-time and rain and getting disappointed/shocked when it turns out a daytime and different types of weather actually do exist in this potentially 60-100 hours long game.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Has anybody looked through the section of the MS briefing when they started 'hacking'? I'm assuming CDPR would hide something in there.

Oct 25, 2017
This game is cyberpunk af, how could anyone think otherwise?
They nailed the tone, I'm glad we got to see Night City during the day.

Oh man, the more I watch this trailer. Wew.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
When they say "at our booth", do they mean a panel, interviews or gameplay even?

I doubt they show gameplay, that'd be at Sony's and I don't see it. I'm guessing only the press is watching a slice of it.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
besides colors - the most important thing is:

YOU CAN BE ALMOST ANYONE FROM THE TRAILER; muscle, CEO, mercenary, hacker, citizen, journalist (yes), hitman..
Where is that information from? How do you play a CEO in an RPG like this (other than having it as a character background with extra stats in whatever int category for it), go to the company for your daily check in and be boss like or whatever until you retire or it goes under or gets a takeover from another company and you get the boot?

Hooks

Oct 27, 2017
7b51d4758c7c4fdc459a54ee9fac9aa7.jpg

I'm sure at night time when it rains you're going to get your blade runner neon vibes when you're in between those skyscrapers

Vakuf

Oct 25, 2017
Man that was amazing, I love CD project RED! Dropping everything to go finish Witcher 3 now.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Need to see some gameplay before I'm swayed either way. The overall style isn't my cup of tea but if the gameplay lives up to the hype, fuck it.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Transcribed if anyones having a hard time reading it;
_________

It's been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and... went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things - you announce a game and then shut up, roll up your sleeves, and go to work. We wanted to give you The Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077's pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point, we made a decision to resume talking about the game only when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realise you've been (im)patiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn't want anyone to feel that we're taking this for granted. On the contrary - it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too :).

But to the point. Today is the day. If you're seeing this, it means you saw the trailer - our vision of Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilised life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don't let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and..., well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions, right?

1. When? When we told you we would only release the game when it's ready, we meant it. We're definitely much, much closer to a release date than we were back then :), but it's still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us - it's the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.

2. How big? Seriously big, but..., to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we'll do this before we start talking about any pre-orders or ask anything of you.

3. Free DLC/Expansions/DRM? Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077 will be 100% DRM-free on PC.

4. Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?
Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously.

Yours, CD PROJEKT RED Team
This is an amazing love letter to all the fans and really shows the passion they have for their games. Couldn't be more excited now.
And it looks like we'll get some gameplay in the next few days.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
It's like GTAV, Watchdogs, Mad Max and Dredd had a baby. In fact it's most like Dredd than anything.

Not what I was expecting.. would have preferred a style more like Blade Runner but oh well. Looks good though, I just hope the Witcher devs can do good gunplay, I did not appreciate TW3 combat so I would need to be convinced. (Is it that hard to just make every FPS feel like Halo?)

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Reminder that press and invitees are getting a 1 hour demonstration at E3 this week. We're gonna hear more pretty damn soon.

Geoff will be talking to CDPR on Tuesday too.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Trailer threads should be locked for 24 hours after a reveal. Thread is embarrassing to read.

The people who are very excited are the vocal majority like us.

The people who are disappointed or whatever or the minority.

But regardless... I'm pretty sure the disappointed people will still buy the game. Lol we haven't seen enough to just walk away

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
People complaining that it isn't night time are so dumb.

Wait until night time and this game will look exactly like what you're asking for, lol. They just didn't want to show the most generic cyberpunk aesthetic in their big trailer.

Somni

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
CD Project Red is currently one of the most consumer-friendly developers out there.

Not many other 3rd party developers have the gonads to design a single player title of this magnitude, without an obligatory online component. That's just straight up passion for the craft.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
That's a huge shift in tone, honestly I'm not a fan. Hopefully it's just CDPR showing off the different sides of the game.

edit: That's not to say I don't mind a "brighter" style to the game, I just think some of it was overdone. It kind of felt a little too cartoony.

Last edited:

the_wart

Oct 25, 2017
Long is character creator is in, I'm in.

Well I mean I'm in anyway but I really don't want to play as generic obnoxious white guy with a buzzcut.

2014Charger

Alt-Account
Banned
Jun 8, 2018
Fucks sake this thread is so embarrassing. Like I'm feeling physical pangs of embarrassment here. Some of the replies here are pathetic. The amount of whining wew lad, how old are some of yall?

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm absolutely baffled that people seem to think it's just daytime? Like, the sun still exists in the future. There'll be a day-night cycle like The Witcher, so you'll still get all that neon goodness in the dark. Cyberpunk isn't exclusive to the night.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
The people who are very excited are the vocal majority like us.

The people who are disappointed or whatever or the minority.

But regardless... I'm pretty sure the disappointed people will still buy the game. Lol we haven't seen enough to just walk away
I'm underwheled, but it's still easily 1 of my most anticipated games, I have full faith in CD Projekt, just expected more after all this time is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.