1. Coreda

Coreda

Gamespot pls, don't BS people if there's no gameplay footage.

That said, still some useful deets.

2. Sexy Fish

Sexy Fish

Yeah, tweet deleted so no gameplay. Someone fucked up.

3. Arion

Arion

So seems like the scope for player classes is much more limited than what I initially expected. It could still be a fun game but expectations are way lower now.

4. Fjordson

Fjordson

[​IMG]

5. VERTICAL EXPLORATION

YES

6. Zelas

Zelas

Well there's somewhat the answer to what's going on with the classes.

7. Complicated

Complicated

I am an excited person.

8. Ragnar

Ragnar

I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that the male/female choice will affect dialogue choices and possibly story. I mean, real life is different depending on whether you're a man or a woman, even though we don't see ourselves from a third person perspective. If you see the male/female choice as purely an aesthetical thing then sure, but there's more to it than that.

9. Pachimari

Pachimari

Main character is voiced.

10. Static

Static

He explicitly mentioned corp as a thing that wasn't playable, yes.

11. DarkChronic

DarkChronic

YES, they just confirmed the main character is voiced.

Phew, my main worry was having a silent create-a-character. Awesome. So V will be a fully fleshed out character. All I needed to hear.

12. the_wart

the_wart
    Banned Member

Progression sounds like Witcher 3, where you mix and match from skill trees. Which is fine, I guess, but I'm hoping skills impact more than just combat.

13. Panzermoon

Panzermoon

This looks great! Not big on open world games, but I'll definitely try this one

14. Static

Static

Third person conversation and cutscenes. Voiced character. It's a ROLE PLAYING game. Choice of gender is huge to character customization/ownership, even if you aren't looking at them every second of the game.

15. Mecha Meister

Mecha Meister
    Member OP

Some info from the Gamespot stream:
    • First person perspective RPG (Described as a a first and foremost a role playing game with shooter elements)
    • Narrative driven
    • V is a urban higher mercenary, can be male or female.
    • V is voiced
    • Full character creation system, different body types, hair styles tattoos
    • No classes at the start of the game
    • You modify and adjust your class based on how you build you character
    • Game has noir vibes
    • Full day and night cycle with weather systems
    • Set in the fictional Night City
    • Handcrafted city
    • Working closely with Mike Pondsmith, aspects of the 2020 rulebook is tied into the game.
    • Examples: you can have bits of the roles of a Techy and Netrunner with your character.
    • Ranged and melee combat. 3 main weapon types, Power Weapons, Tech Weapons, and Smart weapons, weapons that track and follow targets.
    • Vehicles: Drivable Cars and Motorcycles
    • Enterable buildings with multiple floors, such as mega buildings, these have vendors, apartments etc.
    • Two forms of experience, gained from completing core missions and "street cred" from side missions.
      Street creds allow you to unlock different vendors and "fixers" who give you different jobs to do.

16. FreezePeach

FreezePeach

There's vehicular combat!

17. More_Badass

More_Badass

Clothing and character appearance matters more in an RPG than just aesthetic-wise

18. More_Badass

More_Badass

This sounds like way more mobility and combat variety than people might be assuming with the game being first person

19. Tovarisc

Tovarisc

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/1006615675094237186

20. The street cred thing sounds interesting

Edit: Oh, it's basically a reputation system. Nice.

21. Static

Static

Fixers are primarily questgivers, sounds like another class you aren't taking on yourself.

22. Complicated

Complicated

Seems Dishonored adjacent at least. Extremely interesting.

23. More_Badass

More_Badass

24. Accoun

Accoun

Street cred doesn't seem to block progress too much - mentioned stuff like vendors or fixers (job givers).

25. spad3

spad3

Cyberpunk Info from GameSpot Stream:
    • Game is FPS perspective
    • FPS perspective made to feel more personal
    • RPG with Shooter Elements not a Shooter with RPG elements
    • Multiple different progression systems (Skills, Perks, etc.)
    • V, protagonist - urban merc/hired gun.
    • Full character creation system (Gender, Looks, Lifepath/Backstory)
    • You DO NOT pick classes in the beginning, class system is fluid based on choices
    • Dystopian Cyberpunk future shown in sunlight on purpose. Full Day/Night Cycle. Noir themes bleed through environment and aesthetic
    • Characters from Cyberpunk 2020 lore will appear
    • Netrunner Techie and Solo are main focused classes
    • You can combine classes
    • Optional classes exist (like Rockerboy and Corporate) and you can pull perks from them to add into your own custom class
    • Story and quest system from Witcher 3 is implemented into Cyberpunk similarly.
    • Choice and consequence is HUGE. Emphasized that the game is an RPG first and foremost
    • Story is personalized by player choice.
    • Combat - Ranged combat and Melee combat. Learned lessons from Witcher 3. FPS Melee combat.
    • Weapons - 3 branches - Power Weapons (heavy hitting/stagger), Tech Weapons (penetrating through cover), Smart Weapons (tracking/following)
    • Vehicles - Motorcycles, Cars, hinted at flying cars.
    • V is a fully voiced character. Both Male and Female completely voiced.
    • V's personality is shaped by player. Backstory and interactions shape V's personality.
    • Cyberpunk is a dark dystopia in the same vein as Witcher 3 being Dark Fantasy
    • Details of the world - everything has a purpose. World design was a huge focus in setting the tone.
    • Night City - in between SF and LA (fictional city). Inspired by both cities.
    • 6 unique districts in the city. Each area has its own feel on top of the base Noir feel
    • Exploration is encouraged.
    • Witcher was horizontally huge, Cyberpunk is vertically huge.
    • You can enter buildings, Mega Buildings exist as well with multiple floors and multiple areas to explore within a single building.
    • No level scaling. 2 forms of XP - Core XP - Main Missions and Street Cred - Side missions
    • Higher Street Cred opens new exclusive vendors and fixers (new jobs)

26. Tovarisc

Tovarisc

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/1006616354508627968

27. Arion

Arion

So no chance of seeing any gameplay this E3 unless someone leaks.

28. inky

inky

I mean, it sounds fucking amazing...

29. the_wart

the_wart
    Banned Member

Yeah sounds like the mobility mechanics are a massive leap from anything they've done before.

30. greatgeek

greatgeek

Maybe at the Keighly thing tonight, but it's unlikely, yes.

31. eyeball_kid

eyeball_kid

I'm not really into this grab bag of skills instead of taking on explicit classes. It sounds like the play experience will be more or less the same for everyone. It makes sense, the idea that you could play as a corp or a cop and that gameplay and narrative experience would be completely different always sounded too good to be true.

My biggest concern remains that they are talking so much about gunplay and combat mechanics and not about the actual RPG elements, even though they keep saying that this is an RPG first, not a FPS.

32. The map in the trailer also had six districts on it, so that possibly puts the "is it really gonna be that big?" doubts to rest.

33. Frostman

Frostman
    Banned Member

Everything is ticking the right boxes, and I thought that was a damn good interview for gamespot.

Wonder how IGN will go later.

Amazing

34. the_wart

the_wart
    Banned Member

Eeeeenteresting. Is this an attempt to address how completionists immediately overlevel the critical path?

35. Bansai

Bansai

This is what people like to bitch the most about their games so I'm not surprised that they're trying to emphasize on these aspects first.

Either way, it's CDPR, I'm not really worried for RPG elements.

36. Frostman

Frostman
    Banned Member

Thanks for the write up! Sounds really damn good

37. murgo

murgo

Holy shit, all the new info sounds absolutely amazing.
    [​IMG]

38. milad

milad

vertical sci-fi open world has been my dream game forever. finally somebody is making it.

39. dex3108

dex3108

Man i really want them to show gameplay. I mean why spend 15 minutes talking about features when you have gamelay.

40. PorcoLighto

PorcoLighto

Hgg, it sounds so fucking good. I have managed to temper my hype for years and now it's boiling up.

41. greatgeek

greatgeek

Agreed about the requirement for the tabletop classes to be backgrounds. The question now, then, is how much the story will change to reflect the player's background. Will there be special openings as in DA:O? Flavor dialogue and special choices? Background specific quests like in ME?

42. YaBish

YaBish

If this fills the Deus Ex sized hole in my heart, I will die happy. It sounds like CDPR is about to put the immersive back in immersive sim.

43. Dream Machine

Dream Machine

All this new information sounds great.

I am curious how the first person will be implemented. Will we see our character in cutscenes, for instance.

44. Omg when he said there would be MEGASTRUCTURES. Lawdy. Imagine the horror shit they could do at the lower levels with drugged up cyber junkies.
    This heckin game.

45. Aftermath

Aftermath

Wait andrew is saying first person, 3rd only in driving, out!

46. Tovarisc

Tovarisc

47. All these people screaming "out!" because of the perspective... I'll see you on launch day ;)

48. inky

inky

Oh, there's another thread running concurrently. I was wondering where everyone went...

49. Breqesk

Breqesk

ooooh immersive sim elements, yes please

oh, and there's a bullet time mechanic, too, which should help assuage fears about twitch combat?

50. PeskyToaster

PeskyToaster

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

51. dishonestjest

dishonestjest

What does that mean?

I'm not going to lie - this FPS thing has me fuckin bummed. I have yet to play an FPS that doesn't have literal garbage melee combat. Fuuuuuck.