• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Obviously unrelated but I think BGE2 got the aesthetic better.

Paul

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do they even have the team 100% on the project yet? If so, when did they start fully developing it? Not releasing before 2020 makes me think they were waiting on next generation dev kits.

They started full dev after Blood and Wine, so two years ago. Preproduction around TW3 launch. They have about 350 people on it and another 100 are on Gwent.

Tirisfal

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
London
Really disappointed with the artistic direction so far.
Just make the game look like this or maybe don't call it Cyberpunk:

4651057f97ee8f42b6c04cb581c5c69f.jpg

That said, I'll keep an eye on it and see what they do with this surprise in tone. Maybe I'll end up loving it.
Those shots in the trailer were in the day time though. I'm sure it will look like that at night time?

Solo Kazama

Banned
Dec 27, 2017
besides colors - the most important thing is:

YOU CAN BE ALMOST ANYONE FROM THE TRAILER; muscle, CEO, mercenary, hacker, citizen, journalist (yes), hitman..

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Despite all the naysaying it's so great to see this. I still don't know exactly what to expect in terms of gameplay from this game but this sold me on the visual style of the game without question. I love it. I want it. It's good to see proof that it's a thing that exists and that work has taken place on it. Hopefully we learn more about the nuts and bolts of the game soon.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know why but I think the look of this game is all over the pkace for some reason somehow. Can't nail down why though.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
As much as I love CDPR, this trailer did nothing to me as there's no gameplay and release date.

I'll steer clear out of 2077 news/discussion as usual until they're revealed.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I still can't believe they had the codes in the trailer be actual codes

They're codes for Witcher 3 Complete Edition btw

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Really disappointed with the artistic direction so far.
Just make the game look like this or maybe don't call it Cyberpunk:

4651057f97ee8f42b6c04cb581c5c69f.jpg

That said, I'll keep an eye on it and see what they do with this surprise in tone. Maybe I'll end up loving it.
This style isn't what Cyberpunk the RPG is like though

Rzarekta

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I feel underwhelmed, I guess? I still don't know how it will play or anything of substance. I knew they'd get the atmosphere down, so this trailer didn't really hype me at all actually.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Game looks utterly amazing. World is just like I thought, cannot wait for this. Day 1.

Gen X

Oct 31, 2017
New Zealand
I'll be honest, I haven't been hyped for a game in many years, like literally nothing has got me legit excited which I put down to my age now (mid 40s) but damn, that trailer for Cyberpunk 2077 delivered on every level for me and has won Game of the Show so far in my eyes. Shame there's no concrete release date yet but let's wait till the end of E3 and see if anything is revealed.

Loanshark

Nov 8, 2017
Looks fantastic. Really love the color scheme, im so tired of depressing, noir type sci-fi settings.

Man some of you people are so shallow, focusing only on your dislike of the main character model. Even if there isnt a character creator in the game, which it seems like there is, CDPR are masters at writing good characters, so stop focusing on superficial matters. The characters will be great.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
The game looks great but it's a bit too colourful for a cyberpunk world imo. I was hoping for a more blade runner-esque city.
I'm hoping it was just due to the time of day shown in the trailer, but I did get some weird Watch Dogs 2 / Crackdown vibes.

Based on hearing Mike Pondsmith talk about Cyberpunk 2020 before and reading some of the source material, this by comparison felt a little off in tone, but eh. Tough to judge what's surely to be a huge game on such a small snippet.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really mad that there was barely any night shots. Why have that delicious neon city and not show off a single night scene?

I think it was a good idea to dispel the silly notion that 'Cyberpunk' genre means perpetual night &r rain and some soft sax or synthwave music in the background. You have to allow for Cyberpunk to permeate the day part of the city, too. I think how they showed it was great. A crazy city, a city of poverty and dreams, where everything happens, and all kinds of characters rise and fall, and intermingle.

Status
Not open for further replies.