• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Is anyone shocked by this lol.. PS5 and Xbox Next bound. Can you really see current consoles running such a dense open world based off the trailer with current gen without screams of zomg..downgrade!

Nope. But the upside is giving CDPR a whole lot more cpu power is going to do wonders for what they can achieve.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
Really, can you guys think of a sci-fi game that is not dark and gritty? It's either post apocalypse, or dystopia metropolis. A city of opportunity is actually a very rare setting.
That's why I love it. The first trailer was generic compared to this. I want something that doesn't take itself too seriously. This looks like it'll do.

Gun

Oct 27, 2017
People really expected that the whole game would be only at night?
C'mon

The trailer looks amazing, but I hope that they share more details in the next days

impingu1984

Oct 31, 2017
UK
It's kind of disheartening to see that for a lot of people cyberpunk just means "dark neon Blade Runner shit". Cyberpunk doesn't have to be that all the time, and I'm glad the "punk" aspect of the genre hasn't been forgotten here. I loved how diverse and vibrant this trailer was.

Personally I thought it looked sick. Definitely Punk... Definitely Cyber... loved it

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
It's interesting that both characters are wearing the same (or similar?) jacket. It looks like you can choose a gender of your character.

screenshot2018-06-101llyg4.png

screen-just-around-the-corner.4.jpg
Trailer would have been a lot better with the female version. Looks waaay better than the male.
Glad Character Creation is confirmed (via the trailer screen grab)

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I gave a lot of my hype in the PokéChat Discord. After eating and talking with my daughters..... the HYPE IS STILL HERE!!!

I hope footage leaks from that media only event CDProjekt Red is hosting. I can't wait to see this game in motion.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
I may be biased because I'm actually a bit familiar with the pen&paper RPG and this is going beyond my expectations, but Jesus Christ, the overwhelming majority of the complaints in this thread read as complete fucking nonsense to me.

"It looks for teenagers", "it's too sunny", "I don't like the protagonist" (which isn't even supposed to be set in the game), "I get a Ubisoft vibe" (HOW? You didn't even see how the game plays at all), etc.
It's by people whose only exposure to cyberpunk genre is Blade Runner, forgetting the fact that this game is using the Cyberpunk TTRPG IP by Mike Pondsmith (who is working on the game), a universe in the Cyberpunk genre that is the most developed in world building than any other in the genre, especially more so than a 2 hour movie.

I'm a big fan of the TTRPG, people in this thread are being reaaaaaaaaally silly.

Nov 1, 2017
It didn't blow me away as much as the first trailer did but still very happy that we got to see the actual game here and what it's about. I'm definitely on board the hype train and can't wait.

Rehevkor

Oct 31, 2017
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I want to buy that jacket. And the car. But most of all I want to play this VIDEO GAAAAAAAME!

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People want 90% cyber 10% punk.

This is more like 50 50 and I love that.

Ganzlinger

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't they said when they went back to the drawing board the CC was out? At least that's what i got from it.
Nope, Character Creation was and still is a thing. From 3 months ago:

"Kicinski wanted to avoid discussing Cyberpunk 2077 before its proper reveal later this year, but he did let a few details slip. According to Kicinski, Cyberpunk 2077 will allow players to choose between different classes and create their own character. This is quite the departure from the studio's The Witcher games, as players have always played as the pre-made Geralt of Rivia instead of making their own character from scratch. It will be interesting to see how this change impacts Cyberpunk 2077's narrative structure compared to CD Projekt Red's previous games.

We now have confirmation that Cyberpunk 2077 will have character creation and classes, but specific details on these features weren't revealed by Kicinski. It sounds like fans will have to wait for a pre-E3 presentation for more information."

https://gamerant.com/cyberpunk-2077-character-creation-classes/

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
Can't say I'm a fan of the art style / tone compared to what we got in the first trailer.

But it's something!

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looked amazing but no gameplay was disappointing, and the main character didn't fully do it for me. Still it's CDPR and Cyberpunk, so it's most probably going to be incredible.

Oct 26, 2017
wasn't the ascetics I wanted. way too much day light. I wanted a dark, neon, blade runner type environment.

Sigh, these types of posts are so... I won't say more, as I don't want to be banned.

Do you know they have a dynamic time of day system in The Witcher 1? As in, the sun rises and falls, and day and night cycles exists?
And they did the same for The Witcher 2?
And again the same for The Witcher 3?

It's still an open world RPG, not a linear adventure game, they are going to maintain the dynamic time of day system.

What do you people expect there? To play by night, and when the sun rises, for the game to skip the day and go into the night again magically?

It's the same with rain. Yes, I'm sure the game will be atmospheric as fuck in the neon night when it rains, but surely it will be like TW3 or any other open world game, and weather will be dynamic. Sometimes it will be sunny. Sometimes it will rain. Sometimes it will *gasp* rain by night.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
It's kind of disheartening to see that for a lot of people cyberpunk just means "dark neon Blade Runner shit". Cyberpunk doesn't have to be that all the time, and I'm glad the "punk" aspect of the genre hasn't been forgotten here. I loved how diverse and vibrant this trailer was.

Exactly.

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Hard to make much of it without some gameplay footage. I already knew CDPR's art and tech people were good. But TW3 left me with real doubts about CDPR's system designers.

JCG

Oct 25, 2017
We can't really judge the gameplay from a purely cinematics trailer, but I really like the style and tone. Which is why I remain optimistic about the possibilities offered by this sort of world view.

falcondoc

Oct 29, 2017
I could care less about the daytime stuff. Personally think everything about the design and art style screams generic to me. Like if Rockstar made GTA that took place in the future. Expected something much more visually striking.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
Full Sentences

Bless CD
1528668388423.jpg

Transcribed if anyones having a hard time reading it;
_________

It's been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and... went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things - you announce a game and then shut up, roll up your sleeves, and go to work. We wanted to give you The Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077's pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point, we made a decision to resume talking about the game only when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realise you've been (im)patiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn't want anyone to feel that we're taking this for granted. On the contrary - it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too :).

But to the point. Today is the day. If you're seeing this, it means you saw the trailer - our vision of Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilised life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don't let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and..., well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions, right?

1. When? When we told you we would only release the game when it's ready, we meant it. We're definitely much, much closer to a release date than we were back then :), but it's still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us - it's the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.

2. How big? Seriously big, but..., to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we'll do this before we start talking about any pre-orders or ask anything of you.

3. Free DLC/Expansions/DRM? Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077 will be 100% DRM-free on PC.

4. Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?
Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously.

Yours, CD PROJEKT RED Team

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In

In In In

CDPR can do no wrong, and that trailer looked exquisite

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
There was really nothing dark and gritty about that trailer other than it being set at night time.

Since you forgot:

Now that they've shown the aesthetic they've settled on (which isn't "bad"), I'm more worried about the actual gameplay. Which hasn't been shown yet, but appears to be another run of the mill open world game where you drive around and blow shit up.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Really underwhelming showing imo. This game is way past pretty much just a teaser trailer tier. Guess CD Projekt don't want to risk a big downgrade scandal again or something.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Transcribed if anyones having a hard time reading it;
_________

It's been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and... went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things - you announce a game and then shut up, roll up your sleeves, and go to work. We wanted to give you The Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077's pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point, we made a decision to resume talking about the game only when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realise you've been (im)patiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn't want anyone to feel that we're taking this for granted. On the contrary - it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too :).

But to the point. Today is the day. If you're seeing this, it means you saw the trailer - our vision of Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilised life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don't let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and..., well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions, right?

1. When? When we told you we would only release the game when it's ready, we meant it. We're definitely much, much closer to a release date than we were back then :), but it's still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us - it's the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.

2. How big? Seriously big, but..., to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we'll do this before we start talking about any pre-orders or ask anything of you.

3. Free DLC/Expansions/DRM? Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077 will be 100% DRM-free on PC.

4. Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?
Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously.

Yours, CD PROJEKT RED Team

Please put this in the OP Mecha Meister

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's by people whose only exposure to cyberpunk genre is Blade Runner, forgetting the fact that this game is using the Cyberpunk TTRPG IP by Mike Pondsmith (who is working on the game), a universe in the Cyberpunk genre that is the most developed in world building than any other in the genre, especially more so than a 2 hour movie.

I'm a big fan of the TTRPG, people in this thread are being reaaaaaaaaally silly.
Even the world of William Gibson, while visually a darker is filled with incredibly flashy characters and the protagonist in neuromancer is tripping on drugs for half the book. This trailer really encapsulates cyberpunk if you ask me.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone saying they expected the game to be more like Blade Runner should probably wait to see some night time gameplay.

Tesseract

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
first trailer in a while that i'e watched multiple times

cd is in a league of their own, it looks so absurdly good

Hardhat

Banned
Feb 7, 2018
Trailer threads should be locked for 24 hours after a reveal. Thread is embarrassing to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.