• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so glad they confirmed they're working on trans options in the character creator. So dope. :D Hopefully they'll add non-binary as an option too.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
5CmCsgA.jpg

That whole style is ❤
Who is this character supposed to be?

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I knew it!

In the YongYea interview, Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz says "All the music tracks were done strictly for us".

I'm calling it now - expect to see most of, if not all of the following artists on the Cyberpunk 2077 soundtrack:

• Lazerhawk
• Gunship
• Carpenter Brut
• Perturbator
• Mitch Murder
• Robert Parker
• Miami Nights 1984
• Dance With The Dead [Totentanz ;)]
• Kavinsky
• Dynatron
• Power Glove
• Com Truise
• The Neon Droid
• Scandroid
• FM Attack
• Occams Laser
• Le Matos
• Turbo Knight
• Chvrches
• Waveshaper
• Droid Bishop

If they're going to go all out, imagine if they got Vangelis and John Carpenter to make some tracks for this game?!?

I fucking knew it and that gets me extremely excited for the radio in Cyberpunk 2077!
This will be a must own Soundtrack.

Tonight's discussion was weird. Didnt get much out of it since Brad spent most of the time defending the game from Jeff.
Why is Jeff like that? lol

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
I saw that and I even put it in the OP day 1 - I just meant I'm surprised there aren't more photos and videos, especially of the public booth :)
Well deserved.
I'm partial to V For Vendetta and Blade Runner 2077.
Thank you :)
This will be a must own Soundtrack.
Indeed.

Can you imagine if they managed to get Vangelis to do a track for the game??

The internet will break lol

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Jeff like that? lol
I get the feeling there's a lot of negative talk going around the floor this year among some media because of the bad PR, and I also think Jeff has a bit of a contrarian streak. When most major outlets are writing stories about how it's the most incredible thing they've ever seen, he wants to question it.

I agree, it felt strange, though. Like the "We've seen it so many times now" comment. Uh, no we haven't?

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I get the feeling there's a lot of negative talk going around the floor this year among some media because of the bad PR, and I also think Jeff has a bit of a contrarian streak. When most major outlets are writing stories about how it's the most incredible thing they've ever seen, he wants to question it.

I agree, it felt strange, though. Like the "We've seen it so many times now" comment. Uh, no we haven't?
I am buying it day one, but the starting point is clarly duas ex, jeff isnt wrong about that. its just duas ex blown out to a wild degree, its what I wanted dues ex to be.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Does Vangelis even do music like that anymore? in either way if Carpenter Brut gets in on this, then i'm going lose my mind.
I don't know if he's retired, semi-retired or would even want to do something like this; but it's right up his alley and if Vangelis has a song on this soundtrack, it's going to hit the Billboard charts!

It's a safe bet that Carpenter Brut will be on the Cyberpunk 2077 soundtrack if M83 is👍
Damn, that Sasquatch boss...
image_cyberpunk_2077-40557-2618_0001.jpg
Wow - I really like this character's design! It's completely new and fresh and almost something completely new that I've not ever seen before! You don't see too many bodybuilding women in video games.

Added to the OP:

Newsweek - Cyberpunk 2077 will have gender fluid character creator:
Techraptor - Character customization options:
Gameranx - Cyberpunk 2077 new things you need to know:

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I got what Jeff is saying. I got the same Deus Ex vibes from the mission they showed last year.

But like Brad said, I think the key here is the sheer variety and scale of the world, and that's still mostly under wraps. You get glimpses of it, but last year's demo was mostly indoor combat and sounds like this demo isn't too dissimilar.

eathdemon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got what Jeff is saying. I got the same Deus Ex vibes from the mission they showed last year.

But like Brad said, I think the key here is the sheer variety and scale of the world, and that's still mostly under wraps. You get glimpses of it, but last year's demo was mostly indoor combat and sounds like this demo isn't too dissimilar.
yup same idea blown out. its what if its a full city, instead of 1 block, and even more options.

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The character detail and texturing is out of this world.

They really might need to allow us to take some of the gear off these characters, got some bad ass wears.

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah his contrarian mood swings, seem forced to me. Kind if jaded just to be jaded at this point. Totally out of place given the general reaction, especially since it wasn't the same type of demo and they were supposed to discuss it. But really didn't and that's really unfair to their fan base. Honestly speaking.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Cyberpunk 2077 |OT| Let me tell you about my mother
Cyberpunk 2077 [OT| Everyone needs to take a walk to the dark end of the street sometimes. (wonder if anyone will get the reference lol).

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
I love how the characters seem to wear practical, comfortable clothes for the most part. A lot of tank tops, blue jeans, leather jackets, track suits, sneakers and boots.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I love how the characters seem to wear practical, comfortable clothes for the most part. A lot of tank tops, blue jeans, leather jackets, track suits, sneakers and boots.

TW3 had some of the best armour and clothing designs ive seen in terms of detail so it makes sense that they're still doing this part of the game really well.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Added to the OP:

IGN - Public demo was better than the private demo:

This is really interesting - they say that the 30-minute public demo was better than the 50-minute private demo!
The private demo was played twice, stealth and guns blazing. Public demo they are probably alternating so shorter sessions maybe left an ever better impression.

That medallion on Dex's shoes looks familiar...

image_cyberpunk_2077-40557-2618_0004.jpg

Last edited:

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
I missed these concept arts from the booth.

I want the luxury house in the background of the last one! lol

...or do i wanna own a top level apartment in the Corpo district overlooking all that neon and lights? Hmmm..

Apparently the jacket they were giving away at their booth will make it to the store in some form. Store should be going live for us US folks soon though no date was given.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017

...or do i wanna own a top level apartment in the Corpo district overlooking all that neon and lights? Hmmm..

Apparently the jacket they were giving away at their booth will make it to the store in some form. Store should be going live for us US folks soon though no date was given.

Holy Shit! That looks amazing.

Dominuece

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. I have tunnel vision for this game. I'm ready to spend 3-4k on a PC upgrade come April or 7.7.2020

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017

I actually appreciate how CDPR is out to piss everybody off a little bit.

NK7vQDe.jpg
yvd40Ou.jpg

Corpo Les Miserables and Soiasil (Sojasil?) Machistador Steroids.

No fucking wonder so many people are still struggling to grasp tone of the game.

Keep doing what you are doing, CDPR.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Real question why was this considered to be biggest E3 for CDPR according to them? It was more-less the same as last years one.

Jun 26, 2018
I actually appreciate how CDPR is out to piss everybody off a little bit.

NK7vQDe.jpg
yvd40Ou.jpg

Corpo Les Miserables and Soiasil Machistador Steroids.

No fucking wonder so many people are still struggling to grasp tone of the game.

That poster says "make steroids great again" and it's making me groan.

I wish people didn't adopt Trump's bullshit for "comedy" purposes, cause it'll remind me of him and the last thing I want to think about, pretty much ever, is Trump.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
It literally says make steroids great again lol
Pro-level Woke Twitter and Dark Interweeb Twitter must be having an aneurysm trying to figure out if CDPR is an ally or trolling them.

I'm going with hard troll.

That poster says "make steroids great again" and it's making me groan.

I wish people didn't adopt Trump's bullshit for "comedy" purposes, cause it'll remind me of him and the last thing I want to think about, pretty much ever, is Trump.
FWIW, the poster is very clearly making fun of the soyboy thing. As in, selling steroid soy bars to meatheads. As for the Trump memedom, CDPR being an European house, there's a big chance that they are making fun of the borderline absurd comercialization of the slogan, given that plenty of far right parties and even commercial products/brands have tried to lift it for their own purposes over here. After all, Cyberpunk is all about the commercialization of everything.

And in Cyberpunk's future (going by rule books), Trump-like figures and marketing ideas are all over the place.

Last edited: