• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Yeah that's how I saw it and tried to find the post but it's not on the front page. I had to find it via the Twitter bot and the post has still been scrubbed..
https://amp.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkg...ust_found_out_that/?__twitter_impression=true

I think it's because CDPR devs are on the reddit and associated discord.
Found the suspicious post

Of course this could be the rantings of a madman as well but any information at all is fun to speculate upon.
pmmNhRg.jpg

HnlFqoG.png

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
Lirik just said on stream that CDPR reached out to him and asked if he comes to E3 this year. He said they wanted to show him "The Wi...." then he stopped and said "they want to show me something". I doubt it has anything to do with The Witcher, though. He probably meant Cyberpunk.
Looks like we will have previews after E3 not only from media outlets but also youtubers/streamers.

Meowmixez

ESS ESS DEE
Oct 27, 2017
I would love to see a Shadowrun RPG to come out to rival this. It would be a nice war of IPs.

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always wanted to get into The Witcher and have tried multiple times but just couldn't do it. The game screams amazing though and I see why people adore it and why it's one of the best RPGs ever made.

But this game gets me to a whole new level of hype which is hard to discribe considering what I said before. Maybe it's the locale and just the scope of the game I don't know. But this is my most anticipated game for sure this year at E3.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I went into Witcher 3 with no real expections. Knew of Witcher 1 and 2 so I kind of knew what direction they were headed too...

Whereas with this IP, they could kind of go anywhere but in my head I'm thinking Witcher in a different setting.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
I find Dr Disrespect corny, but damn I see why they reached out, over 2 Million subs, and 72 Million Views of his channel

Good place to start

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I'm really curious how far along they are. If people remember, they had a bunch of youtuber types come to their studio and they were allowed to record 15 minutes of footage and post it on their pages. Curious to see how they'll incorporate that onto twitch. It would be amazing if we see some gameplay.

Feb 3, 2018
I'm really curious how far along they are. If people remember, they had a bunch of youtuber types come to their studio and they were allowed to record 15 minutes of footage and post it on their pages. Curious to see how they'll incorporate that onto twitch. It would be amazing if we see some gameplay.

It's been six year so far since the teaser trailer and them showing press an hour from the game at E3 behind closed doors tells me it is atleast partially playable.

Deathknell

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
There's no way this is a 2020 game if they're reaching out youtubers/streamers right now.

My bet is early 2019.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Only thing I hope is this controls and plays a LOT better than TW3. If not, I won't even try it.

Given my backlog, I might wait for the PS5 version.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
One thing is for sure, if streamers and youtubers get their hands on this, whatever is shown in that meeting room won't be a secret for long (whether announced by CDPR publicly or by one of these people leaking it)

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doc just said he is under NDA, i know he says alot of stuff to be funny but something is happening for sure.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
My god i am unreasonably hyped for this game despite have zero information on it

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know, more meant eyes-on information

Normally my hype comes from at least a few audio/visual cues, but in this instance its all written, extremely preliminary, information

I can agree with that, I didn't mean to make it seem like I was coming at you in anyway. Just for a game we know nothing about it seems like with some detective work OP put together some nice stuff.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
I always wanted to get into The Witcher and have tried multiple times but just couldn't do it. The game screams amazing though and I see why people adore it and why it's one of the best RPGs ever made.

But this game gets me to a whole new level of hype which is hard to discribe considering what I said before. Maybe it's the locale and just the scope of the game I don't know. But this is my most anticipated game for sure this year at E3.

same dude, i've been waiting since 2012 for this... there hasn't been many days since then where i wasn't thinking of the game at least for a minute or so

been a cyberpunk fan all my life, it's my favourite genre and the thought of us getting the first AAA cyberpunk open world coupled with cdpr writing and characters...
man i just hope it's not going to be a disappointment, i just want witcher with better gameplay in a cyberpunk setting

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
I don't want to wait 19 or 20 days. Fucking freeze my ass and show me gameplay in the next 30 seconds. What is my life.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA

She is going! :)

Also this is now 200% Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 in my mind cause Madqueen is pretty much exclusively 2077 content and speculation. Unless they decide to show that other Triple A RPG which is supposed to release by 2021 which would be pretty crazy but I doubt it.

Oh shit that's the best confirmation yet honestly. lol

HYPE!

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

She is going! :)

Also this is now 200% Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 in my mind cause Madqueen is pretty much exclusively 2077 content and speculation. Unless they decide to show that other Triple A RPG which is supposed to release by 2021 which would be pretty crazy but I doubt it.

Awesome! This is so exciting.

Honestly I didn't think we'd see the game until like 2021. But it's got to be closer, right?

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Awesome! This is so exciting.

Honestly I didn't think we'd see the game until like 2021. But it's got to be closer, right?

Given prominent streamers are being contacted, it can't be more than 6-12 months away, though a delay into Q3/4 wouldn't be terribly surprising. We know it's been in active development since at least circa Autumn 2013 (the teaser trailer that was released at the beginning of the year doubled as a hiring push, so I'd wager it was still in pre-production then):

Eurogamer said:

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Given prominent streamers are being contacted, it can't be more than 6-12 months away, though a delay into Q3/4 wouldn't be terribly surprising. We know it's been in active development since at least circa Autumn 2013 (the teaser trailer that was released at the beginning of the year doubled as a hiring push, so I'd wager it was still in pre-production then):

As excited as I am that it may be closer than I originally thought, I'm also nervous that it won't be as impressive as I'm hoping it will be, due to less time in the oven.

Didn't full production only start around late 2016 after they scrapped all the work that had come before? Is 2-3 years long enough to make a game as ambitious as they originally described?

Garuda1One

Dec 11, 2017
This is probably the first RPG game where i have no idea about which class to choose. I mean, Cop ? Corporate ?
Like, what in hell should i do with Corporate ? im a corporate worker and i sit behind desk 8 hours a day.. lol

This is also the first game that i have no idea what it is about but still buying it nonetheless. Because CDPR. Why not

Metroidvania

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably the first RPG game where i have no idea about which class to choose. I mean, Cop ? Corporate ?
Like, what in hell should i do with Corporate ? im a corporate worker and i sit behind desk 8 hours a day.. lol

This is also the first game that i have no idea what it is about but still buying it nonetheless. Because CDPR. Why not

Yeah, I'm super curious to see how the class selection is made apparent to the player - maybe it'll be like DA:O, and have each 'class' get its own backstory/starting mission before getting thrown out into the world? Or it could be organic, and setting you in a mini-simulation world where your choices (hack, shoot-out, etc...) determine your class?

It's also possible that CDPR just relies on youtube videos of 'cool shit XYZ class can do' as a band-aid method.

Status
Not open for further replies.