• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not even the most exciting CDPR E3 game IMO. Albeit the reaction during Microsoft's presentation was pretty great.

Premium

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NC
I cannot wait to see this new walkthrough. Game is going to consume my limited gaming time for months.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
No real surprise. Outside of maybe FFVII remake I didn't see anything that looked nearly as good or as fun. The next year of gaming is going to be awesome.

Artorias

Oct 25, 2017
Astral Chain should have been shown in the video instead of Star Wars. It looked so much better as an action game, imo.

twdnewh

Oct 31, 2018
Sydney, Australia
I understand how the journalists who saw the behind the scenes game-play demo can choose this; but how is it on top of the user choice awards as well based on a CG trailer?
I mean it is on top my my most anticipated games based on last year's game-play footage but to choose it at this year's E3 makes no sense.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
i feel it unjustified to give a game that only showed a CGI trailer to the audience and only gameplay behind closed doors a "Game of E3" award.
then again i am not surprised.

DontHateTheBacon

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
Every time I see it, I'm more impressed. I would agree with IGN.

i feel it unjustified to give a game that only showed a CGI trailer to the audience and only gameplay behind closed doors a "Game of E3" award.
Well, you better get used to it. That's what E3 has become because of angry gamerbois on message boards, much like this one, and YouTube, whining about the size of puddles and shadows in the background and clouds in the sky.

ClarkusDarkus

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't it just a cinematic video being shown, We didn't even see the gameplay they got to play. No qualms with it of course as it will be stellar but why have E3 then when they could have just released a trailer at anytime.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Not surprised, this is a game for the ages.

But this is IGN's game of the show, and they chose it based on what they saw. The "audience" doesn't have anything to do with it.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think many people are realistically going to vote for a port as game of E3 but Cyberpunk does have a lot to live up to.

Well yeah as far as 'GOE3' is concerned neither would I, because both Luigi's Mansion 3 & Link's Awakening would get my vote so yeah you're probably right :)

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Weird. Square's conference was great IMO.
It was one of the few decent ones this year. And I'm saying that as someone who wasn't even interested in most of the games they were showing off. But yeah, Bethesda, EA (if you can count that as a conference) and Ubisoft did worse for sure (didn't watch the PC conference so can't comment on that). How anyone could've watched the shows and not walked away thinking Bethesda's was the worst is a mystery to me.

Oct 25, 2017
Would've been game of the show for me had we got a little gameplay demo.
Not even 10 minutes? :[
Congrats anyway.

My GOTS is FFVIIRemake. Fantastic showcase.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Going to be the game of forever for me. Ateast for a while.
tenor.gif

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
They didn't even show gameplay at the conference, and it wasn't playable for the public. LMAO

Also disagree on Square Enix as the worst conference.

Gibson

Oct 29, 2017
IGN have a hate boner for FFVII so it's no surprise they didn't mention the remake.

Their opinion sucks, of course.