• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018

According to an attendee of the developer's annual community event in Poland, CDPR is yet to measure the length of the game when all encounters and "smaller" side quests are taken into account, but it confirmed that the main story and major side-quests will take less time to complete than Witcher 3's.

Game length aggregation site How Long to Beat measures Witcher 3's main campaign as taking an average of 51 hours to complete.

At the same community event, CD Projekt Red reportedly detailed Cyberpunk 2077's side quests, which are said to be more complex than those in its previous title.

Witcher 3's side quest system was reportedly described as "a single line, with a bunch of branches sticking out of it," whereas in comparison CDPR said Cyberpunk 2077's side missions will often evolve into further side quests which in turn impact other quests, including the main story.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Not when I'm playing it

But really, not bad news to me. Complexity in outcomes is a great thing and I'll probably spend forever just exploring and screwing around. Even as a HUGE fan of The Witcher III, I'd say it could be a little shorter and lose nothing, and if that comes with expanded options in the gameplay and quest design, all the better.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
The game world will also be smaller than Witcher 3,wont it? I recall them saying that, but also more dense.

Oct 30, 2017
Considering I spent 90+ hours in my initial run only doing the main story and monster contracts and skipping most of the other sidequests, this is fine.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
I'm fine with the shorter length if the game has good replay value.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is great news for me! I loved the Witcher 3, but I still haven't replayed it due to the length. I'd rather have a 40-50 hour experience though I'm sure it'll still clock in longer than that.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how long The Witcher 3 was....yea, this is probably a good thing.

It would be hard to cram that much content into a dense city like Cyberpunk's without some loss of quality. And I'll take quality over quantity any day.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Believe it when i see it. Doing the exact same mission but one time you kill people with a smart ass remark or next time you don't kill people and your nice isn't really cutting it anymore.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Good, one of the things that disinterested me on TW3 was the 200+h story.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Witcher games were also long because of the clunky combat system, and from what we've seen so far Cyberpunk's gameplay seems smoother, so I guess that also factors in a great amount.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I don't get who would want it any other way with this type of game.

morrigan8bit

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 1, 2019
After seeing the realtime demo at EGX last month I want this game now;p

Oct 26, 2017
Witcher 3 was a 120-125 hour game for me, without getting into the expansions. If instead of 120 is a 85 hour game, it will be still pretty damn meaty.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I love the Wit her 3, but it was hard for me to finish it due to the time investment (glad I did). A shorter game is a plus for me

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope that means the main quest doesn't feel rushed near the end, as was the case with Witcher 2 and 3.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
It speaks to the game's quality that Witcher 3 was one of the few games of its kind where its length didn't even feel noticeable while playing it and its two expansions. If CDPR matched CP2077's game length with that of Witcher 3, I wouldn't be at all concerned.

I do just wonder what this shorter length translates to now in terms of game time