• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California

Transcript if you can't see the video:

"...it's cyberware called the nanowires and they're basically a set of strings, almost a garrote that is attached to your arms. You pull them out and connect them, and in that way you can stealthily kill people. But you can also hack them from a distance, unlocking the ability to quick-hack enemies and upload some powerful malware in them to make them basically shoot themselves, and all that kind of cybernetic divinity and godhood that you'd want to have your hacking character do. The other cool thing is they're not just for hacking, but you can also use them to slice people into tiny, bit-size pieces, because, again, they are really, really, sharp little metal strings and also powerful weapons, so they come in handy for what you would call "combat netrunning"

Nanowires! This is the third close-range weapon reveal after the Mantis Blades and the Katana, and like the Mantis Blades, these have a use outside of combat as well - hacking into others.

Not entirely sure if this is the case, but it looks like you can briefly see these in action at the 17 second mark in this trailer:

Taking the term "hacking" to a whole new level.

Last edited:

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I can't even have a snippet of gameplay showing this off? Disgusting.

Oct 27, 2017
The arsenal and customization options for this game are going to be insane. One reason why i'm more hyped for this than I was for The Witcher 3.

OP
OP
spad3

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
The arsenal and customization options for this game are going to be insane. One reason why i'm more hyped for this than I was for The Witcher 3.

The depth of the customization is just unbelieveable, like it all sounds unreal, yet there it is.

I think I'll definitely be using some sort of sword. I wanna slice n dice.

I def plan to use a sword. I wonder if there are dual wielding options for melee weapons considering the Mantis Blades are technically dual wield.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
All those shitty nonsensical hacking mini games we have had to endure over the years.......finally a game tha does hacking right......I hope!

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
KT2cVti.gif