• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mancan

Banned
Mar 29, 2018
Then you will have to wait a year+ until all the DLC is released. This is probably the best way to enjoy modern WRPGs, because DLC adds so much and gets rid of problems in most cases. I think there isn't a single bigger modern WRPG where this isn't the case: Skyrim, New Vegas, Fallout 3+4, Pillars of Eternity 1+2, Divinity 1+2 (Enhanced Editions), Pathfinder, Witcher 3, ... They all get a lot better with all the DLCs and patches installed. Some games even add totally new game modes like the turn-based modes for Pillars 2 and Pathfinder.

I'm OK with this the game looks gta 5 level and honestly playing that on 360 back then was such a downer I wished I'd waited for ps4. Now I will not make the same mistake.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I'm OK with this the game looks gta 5 level and honestly playing that on 360 back then was such a downer I wished I'd waited for ps4. Now I will not make the same mistake.
Oh yeah I am very glad I waited for the PS4 version. Also happy that I waited with Pillars 1 and 2, Divinity 2, Skyrim and Fallout 4 and NV until all the DLC was released. But sometimes it's hard to not play at launch. I will wait and see in what state CP2077 releases and decide when and where to play it.

tuxfool

Oct 25, 2017
Civilian and road density almost assuredly came under heavy scrutiny during developer as it's the most glaring thing in open world games like this that'll take a toll on antiquated CPU and RAM ceilings, especially as the pipeline also has to accommodate a multitude of other game system and presentation factors that stress the moment-to-moment render time over something like Grand Theft Auto 5 (that is fundamentally a last generation game at its core). While we won't know exactly how accurate the NPC density is relative the very first in-engine footage until it's released, I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if it didn't match up.

Improving scene density of NPC/vehicle assets seems like a first tech choice for a next gen build. What'll be interesting is if the PC version has a slider at launch.
The first demo only showed really dense NPC counts in small specific areas, notably areas traversed by foot. The driving section was pretty empty, and even screenshots released at the time, didn't show dense NPC counts outside pedestrian areas.

Kunka Kid

Oct 27, 2017
Aimlessly driving around the city while listening to music is my favorite part of GTA.

Seems like this will scratch that same itch.

Duck-Zilla

Feb 21, 2018
Man we need to know how it's going to look and run on next-gen consoles... Is it confirmed they'll show next-gen console on the next city wire?

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
Had all my 4 wisdom tooth's pulled today xD
ShrillPerfumedCowrie-size_restricted.gif

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
This was probably the best one of these so far. The cars look crazy good as does the outfits. I want to do a Corpo playthrough first but the other outfits look great as well. Not sure whether to get this for the PC or PS4, need to see some benchmarks I think.

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Not sure whether to get this for the PC or PS4, need to see some benchmarks I think.
I'm on the same boat. I usually prefer to play on console, but I'm not sure this is going to run well on the PS4 when even the Witcher 3 had performance issues. None the less, my PC only has an R5 1600 and a 1060 3GB, so I'm not sure it'll run well there as well. :/

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on the same boat. I usually prefer to play on console, but I'm not sure this is going to run well on the PS4 when even the Witcher 3 had performance issues. None the less, my PC only has an R5 1600 and a 1060 3GB, so I'm not sure it'll run well there as well. :/

I've got a 5700 so I should be alright playing at 1080p but still want to see how it runs in the wild first. There's also the free next gen upgrade to take into mind i guess.

AerialAir

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I've got a 5700 so I should be alright playing at 1080p but still want to see how it runs in the wild first. There's also the free next gen upgrade to take into mind i guess.
Yeah, you should be able to get a pretty good output at 1080p with a 5700. It's the older cards that get me a bit fearful even at 1080p.
People who can afford a PS5 at release can afford an upgrade to something like an RTX 3070. It's the plebs who will be left behind :(

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, you should be able to get a pretty good output at 1080p with a 5700. It's the older cards that get me a bit fearful even at 1080p.
People who can afford a PS5 at release can afford an upgrade to something like an RTX 3070. It's the plebs who will be left behind :(

I won't be getting a PS5 for ages so I do feel your pain even though I've got a pretty good PC.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Someone on reddit noticed this really cool detail. The glow of the neon tattoos is diffused by the stockings

zf5aw4170ct51.png

WesleyShark

Oct 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Didn't want to even give this game the time of day after yet another transphobic incident from CDPR... better yet I just learned it was included in this presentation. Ugh.

nDesh

The Three Eyed Raven
Oct 27, 2017
The game looks absolutely amazing, I just hope that it isn't full of bugs.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
this is just making the wait harder! the game looks so good.

wonder when we'll get info on the expansions. they did say they'd talk about them before the game is out.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Well it said it plays better on PS5/XSX. The next gen upgrade isn't coming till next year though I believe.
I would like some clarification on what exactly the day-one experience will be like on next-gen consoles. Hopefully it's everything from the "full-blown" next-gen patch, only without the Ray-Tracing.

Something else that confuses me, is if these features are already implemented for the PC version day-one; why can't the next-gen patch just be the day-one patch? Why the wait into 2021?
The game looks absolutely amazing, I just hope that it isn't full of bugs.
Same👍

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
I would like some clarification on what exactly the day-one experience will be like on next-gen consoles. Hopefully it's everything from the "full-blown" next-gen patch, only without the Ray-Tracing.

Something else that confuses me, is if these features are already implemented for the PC version day-one; why can't the next-gen patch just be the day-one patch? Why the wait into 2021?

i guess it comes down to resources. They are already crunching and fixing bugs to get the game ready for Nov on what, 6 systems (plus the series x and ps5). I suspect they simply don't have the time and resources to add a full blown next gen patch as well.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna bump this question i asked earlier in case someone know.
This is how they phrased it if my google skills are good enough:

"We are happy to confirm that Cyberpunk 2077 will be backwards compatible with both next-gen consoles! Your PS4 copy of the game will work on PS5 on launch day."

"A later upgrade to Cyberpunk 2077, taking full advantage of the next-gen hardware, will be available for free."

Should run beautifully on PS5, possibly with increased framerate going by the BC talk on other games.

(If my 3080 arrives from Netonnet in time I'm going in on PC first, but they keep on emailing me that they have no estimated delivery date so I don't know, might jump in on XSX, Stadia or Geforce Now instead. Hopefully DF can help me choose where to put my money.)

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
The wait has been so long for this. I want to play it being as close as they intended it to be played, so as hard as its gona be I think I'm gona wait for the next gen patch. If I had a gaming PC then I would be there day one for sure but I want my first playthrough to look and play its best. I guess I can wait a bit longer. Fuckin hell

Dries

Banned
Aug 19, 2019

Same👍

I'm no expert but:

The game is probably built for PC from the base up since day one, as well as the RedEngine that powers the game. So every slider and toggle in the engine will be "PC-compatible" on day one as well. I'd guess it's a lot of work to transfer this to consoles let alone the new consoles. So I guess they chose to focus resources on base consoles first.

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I hope this runs great on geforce now because i am not sure when I will be able to get a new video card. My 3600/32 gig 3600mhz just sitting here with a sad 960 in it.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
The post-launch content will be revealed before release, expect something similar to The Witcher 3. Smaller DLCs for free and expansions paid.

Bubukill

Oct 25, 2017
Panama
CD Red Projekt needs to start showing up consoles footage at this point cause I really have my doubts on whether they will manage to run this game properly on consoles, specially on the base consoles. Either there a hugeeee downgrade included, "like Battlefield 3 level of downgrade" , or they made some magic stuff with their engine in term of optimization.

Status
Not open for further replies.