• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
So like in that opening nomad scene in the PS4/5 gameplay, the only option is to push the mechanic aside to fix the car and then the only option is to say "Did anyone ask your opinion?" Like, video games only allow me to be a toxic male. I hope that things are different in the actual build, but if that one scene is the same, then it's kind of a problem.
That's not your only option. You can insult his professionalism, push him aside and fix the car yourself. Or pay him the money.

PhObErc.png

FisherTea

May 24, 2020
So like in that opening nomad scene in the PS4/5 gameplay, the only option is to push the mechanic aside to fix the car and then the only option is to say "Did anyone ask your opinion?" Like, video games only allow me to be a toxic male. I hope that things are different in the actual build, but if that one scene is the same, then it's kind of a problem.

Honestly one of my main worries in the Playstation preview were situations like that cropping up often, hopefully it only really occurs during the prologue. V seems sort of unlikable in those nomad scenes.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Valhalla is horrendously optimised for pc, RDR2 not much better.

Cyberpunk lead platform is pc so I would imagine it is far better optimised.

An AMD sponsored game like AC: Valhalla which doesn't have Nvidia specific features like DLSS isn't really a good comparison point to begin with.

And Rockstar PC ports always seemed to have higher than normal system requirements since they don't seem to do any PC specific optimizations to begin with, even GTAV has drops on an RTX 2080 Ti at maxed out settings even.

The closest current open world comparison that is a Nvidia sponsored game with RTX and DLSS features is Watch Dogs: Legion and that has issues of its own. The fact that Nvidia marketing is pushing the hell out of Cyberpunk 2077 and the system recs show that RTX Ultra shows an RTX 3080 for it's recommended config is kind of telling. It'll probably have a Release Day specific driver for it too.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
So how confident are we that a 3080 is actually running this game at 60fps in 4K with RT on?

Im guessing only shot is with DLSS

Questions like these are always presented as a binary choice, but we're on PC, here. If you just can't help but tick every setting until it says "Ultra" all the way down the line, then, yeah- you're not likely going to see 60fps. If you're willing to turn on DLSS and turn some of the less important/efficient settings down, you'll almost certainly be able to hit a 60fps target while maintaining much better visuals that you'll ever see on either of the new consoles.

Also- RT is not a binary switch, either. You'll be able to choose from several effects at varying quality levels. If 60fps is your desired framerate, the only thing keeping you from getting there would be yourself.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
Questions like these are always presented as a binary choice, but we're on PC, here. If you just can't help but tick every setting until it says "Ultra" all the way down the line, then, yeah- you're not likely going to see 60fps. If you're willing to turn on DLSS and turn some of the less important/efficient settings down, you'll almost certainly be able to hit a 60fps target while maintaining much better visuals that you'll ever see on either of the new consoles.

Also- RT is not a binary switch, either. You'll be able to choose from several effects at varying quality levels. If 60fps is your desired framerate, the only thing keeping you from getting there would be yourself.

Fair point and certainly understood

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Then there's also the question of dualsense support ...

This is a PS4 game. Are there any PS4 games with DualSense support?

This is XSX digital purchase for me. Smart Delivery means easy update (and not constantly trying to download the PS4 version - talking about CoD Black Ops on my PS5), I can copy the game to my second XSX (network copy) without having to redownload the game, and my daughter will get automatic Xbox cloud saves so she can play it on either of my XSX consoles (not possible on the PS5 unless I buy her PS+ along with my own PS+).

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
I'm tired of video games "forcing" me to play as a female because the only other option is a hyper-masculine male with a gruff voice. It's the same in Assassin's Creed. Like, it's a small issue, yeah. As long as I can choose to be a regular, decent human being, then okay.
Kind of why I like Vs Japanese voice more than the English one.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
But you did imply that? You said "going by some of the previews", were asked about text previews, and then posted a dev talking about how good their own game is instead.
Those are 2 different posts. The one you are questioning is just sharing an impression that shows that the game isn't all edge & cringe.

Of course a developer on a project isn't going to say "Yeah, this game is dogshit" - but it shows that there are well written emotional moments in the game.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
But you did imply that? You said "going by some of the previews", were asked about text previews, and then posted a dev talking about how good their own game is instead.
The tweet states "our quest designers and writers created an insanely good experience", fairly obvious it's from someone at CDPR. Don't really understand why you are accusing Black Chamber of posting misleading content but ok.

João

Nov 21, 2020
You guys think it will be like witcher 3 where the yellow text progresses the dialogue and blue text is for extra info?

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Somehow I get the impression based on some of the comments here, especially regards to the gunplay kind of feels like people are expecting a futuristic GTA from this game. Cyberpunk 2077 is NOT that sort of game.

Yes it's an open world experience but I think people need to set their expectations for full on action / fast paced combat. This is based on a PNP RPG franchise, So it will be much more RPG centric in terms of dialog selection, character growth, and of course combat reliant much more so on stats, less so on player skill precise shooting mechanics landing insta-kill headshots.

Even the playable preview have pointed these things out. Something to keep in mind.

Last edited:

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So people who will play this on PC,will you play with a controller or Mouse and Keyboard?Obviously it's a first person game but it is not a 100% shooter so i think a controller could be just as good.

As someone who only build a PC last year(after 10+ years of not gaming on a PC) and prefers to play games with a controller,i am still thinking which one to use.

Res

Oct 25, 2017
www.pcgamer.com

There's way more of The Witcher 3 in Cyberpunk 2077 than you've been told

Don't trust the marketing. Cyberpunk is full of heart and earnest, oddball characters.

Here you go, from people who had the same reservations you did =)

I understand why they went the marketing route of GTA, it is after one of the best selling game franchises of all time. But from reading previews both the gameplay mechanics and tone of the world are radically different.
Good to know. I dont know why the marketing shows V as an asshole some times. At least that's the vibe I get

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
So people who will play this on PC,will you play with a controller or Mouse and Keyboard?Obviously it's a first person game but it is not a 100% shooter so i think a controller could be just as good.

As someone who only build a PC last year(after 10+ years of not gaming on a PC) and prefers to play games with a controller,i am still thinking which one to use.

I fully intend to use a gamepad when I play this game. As for gamepad choice that is entirely up to your preference.

I have an 8bitdo SN30 Pro+ but have since then deviated to an extra Xbox Series X controller I picked up because of the textured grip and awesome dpad. With the Windows 10 Wireless Adapter it works great.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017

im playing from the couch with my pc and I'm going to go dual sense (though it won't have the haptics)

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020

Yeah I can't stand FPS games with a gamepad, and I don't like driving with mouse and keybaord. But thankfully the Steam controller is happy middle ground.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
I think the combat looks awesome. 16 hours with a game of this scale is actually just representative of a tiny portion to where character abilities and weaponry can go. The first uninterrupted gameplay video we've seen showed how you can double jump, (air) dash, going slow motion etc..

This is an RPG first and foremost, they emphazise this constantly in their marketing.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Player Skill and precise shooting? are you really contrasting it with GTA?

The fact is efficiency in combat is entirely reliant on your characters stats.

If you take the entire point of my post as a whole instead of the selected portion you decided to quote, you'd understand the exact the point I was trying to make.

I shouldn't need to point out that in CP2077 if you fire a shot at enemy that is perfectly centered at the reticle would normally hit dead on in an action game but because of RPG mechanics can still miss if the behind the scenes numbers don't line up in your favor. I'm not going to waste my time if this about pointless semantics.

I used GTA as the go to example because of several posts that expressed desire of some folks wanting to play the game as such, driving around the city, entering and looting shops, evading the law, etc. It's not a futuristic GTA and If people go into the game with these sorts of expectations they are going to be severely disappointed.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Somehow I get the impression based on some of the comments here, especially regards to the gunplay kind of feels like people are expecting a futuristic GTA from this game. Cyberpunk 2077 is NOT that sort of game.

Yes it's an open world experience but I think people need to set their expectations for full on action / fast paced combat. This is based on a PNP RPG franchise, So it will be much more RPG centric in terms of dialog selection, character growth, and of course combat reliant much more so on stats, less so on player skill precise shooting mechanics landing insta-kill headshots.

Even the playable preview have pointed these things out. Something to keep in mind.
I wouldn't expect a hypothetical futuristic GTA to have anything more than subpar shooting. Cyberpunk 2077 looks to be doing fine.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
The fact is efficiency in combat is entirely reliant on your characters stats.

If you take the entire point of my post as a whole instead of the selected portion you decided to quote, you'd understand the exact the point I was trying to make.

I shouldn't need to point out that in CP2077 if you fire a shot at enemy that is perfectly centered at the reticle would normally hit dead on in an action game but because of RPG mechanics can still miss if the behind the scenes numbers don't line up in your favor. I'm not going to waste my time if this about pointless semantics.

I used GTA as the go to example because of several posts that expressed desire of some folks wanting to play the game as such, driving around the city, entering and looting shops, evading the law, etc. It's not a futuristic GTA and If people go into the game with these sorts of expectations they are going to be severely disappointed.

Accuracy being tied to stats actually could be a good thing. In theory at least.
But after playing Mass Effect 1, where your shots are going all over the place... I am really sceptical about this approach.
Imo this would actually make any aiming skills the player has almost pointless.
Its an RPG but this can become really frustrating.

I also remember Morrowind where like 80% of your swings and bow shots totall missed the enemy even when standing directly infront of them.
I am not surprised that no other RPG after it went with this approach. At least no RPG I know of.

Edit: talking about the first hours of these games. Obviously becomes better but still was way to random for my taste

Status
Not open for further replies.