• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Night City feels like it's bursting with moments that raise these questions and push you into these kinds of choices. When I finished my 16 hours with the game, I'd amassed a huge slate of side-missions, taking me all over the city. All of them concerned fascinating characters, from Judy, Johnny, and Panam, to River, a NCPD detective investigating the death of Night City's former mayor, and Padre, a Valentino's fixer who appreciated V's attitude of getting the job done by any means. The best part of Cyberpunk 2077 is feeling like a small part of the huge world of Night City, and I'm eager to continue learning about the people who inhabit it.

From Gamespot

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017
PC Gamer

But honestly, that's about the worst I can say about Cyberpunk 2077 at this point. Who knows what I'll think in another 20, 30, or 200 hours, but right now—a mere 15 hours in, which is a drop in the ocean—I've been impressed by pretty much everything. Just don't go in expecting a revolution. This isn't a bold new leap for the medium, or a game that will redefine the RPG genre. It's an incredible, detailed, lavish thing, with a level of fidelity and reactivity most developers could only dream of. But it's more like a refinement of things we've seen in other games up to this point, rather than something that slices the rulebook up with a katana and totally rewrites it.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
This game. Just wow. Can't wait to jump in!

Still not sure if I should jump in early on XSX through BC, play through Geforce Now, or simply wait until I have the new PC up and running.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Skimming through the IGN video about it and they're severely downplaying it being an FPS. Saying things like "This is an RPG game through and through, you can make it an FPS if you want..". Sounds like damage control for the lackluster FPS gunplay we've seen.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
That augment screen is soooooo Deus Ex, I love it.

Overall this does seem exactly like "open world Deus Ex" which is all I've ever wanted from the game, or any game really.

OP
OP

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
Every quest is custom scored, the soundtrack comes down to 7.5 hours of music they just said. 150 custom made tracks for radio etc?
Insane😲
Misty is STRAIGHT UP out of blade runner
Yup - Pris:
latest

Black Chamber Are you going to make another thread for previews dropping in 2 minutes?
You should make separate thread for that.
I don't want to clutter up the main page - especially with it being Trans Awareness Week. I want to be respectful and keep everything in this one place that could be easily put on "Ignore" if someone wishes to do so👍

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm constantly getting blown away by this game. God I cannot wait to play this on PC.

Oct 28, 2019
Insane😲

Yup - Pris:
latest

I don't want to clutter up the main page - especially with it being Trans Awareness Week. I want to be respectful and keep everything in this one place that could be easily put on "Ignore" if someone wishes to do so👍

Yeah, just make threadmarks for previews I'd say and perhaps ask for the title to be amended with [Gameplay trailer + Previews available] or something

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Rewatching that last gameplay trailer and all I can say is: Judy bruh.

Skimming through the IGN video about it and they're severely downplaying it being an FPS. Saying things like "This is an RPG game through and through, you can make it an FPS if you want..". Sounds like damage control for the lackluster FPS gunplay we've seen.
I think it's more about mechanics and choices. You can finish the game without killing anyone.

Neo_MG90

Apr 23, 2018
Maaaan, now I only wonder if my old ass PC (i5-4690 + GTX980) will be able to play this.

Looking forward for it but I'll wait for some performarnce analysis before getting it.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That augment screen is soooooo Deus Ex, I love it.

Overall this does seem exactly like "open world Deus Ex" which is all I've ever wanted from the game, or any game really.

Yeah I'm getting huge Deus Ex vibes from this, and that's a great thing.

I'm actually playing Mankind Divided at the moment since this game got delayed again.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
CDPR has been saying this since forever and every time stressing that Cyberpunk is an RPG and not a FPS.

KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Im gonna assume all previews are PC version. I think this will be a slow burn of a game, not a FPS shooter. hence why I think all the videos have showed a ton of story and cuts scenes. IGN confirms this.

Antiax

Oct 27, 2017

Understandable. Thread title change could be sufficient then.

Last edited:

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017

it's not damage control, it's just having a basic understanding of game design goals

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That IGN preview is like the opposite of what people on this forum think this game will be and opposite of how CDPR themselves actually marketing the game

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
They've been selling it like GTA V because that game is successful and most cyberpunk media, aside from The Matrix, has not been successful.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what it is but the more I see of this game the less excited I am. Not sure if it's the artstyle, the atmosphere, the music, the characters, my recent playthrough of The Witcher 3, my wife telling me how this is not the game she wanted, all the shit surrounding this game or a combination of all these things.

This game just lacks something for me to get hyped. Maybe it's just charm or the special something. I mean I will play it anyway someday (Def. not at release) but I don't feel hyped at all and this final Night City Wire further reinforced that feeling.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
I'm suprised previews are so positive tbh. Thought this was gonna be more divisive

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
a 6 hour prologue, i'm hyped that this game is gonna be big time rpg length, perfect for me after this long as fuck year

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
I've watched a couple of the trailers now, glad they haven't revealed so much about the story. Sounds like New Vegas with the Platinum Chip. Other than that, I dunno. My only concerns now are; the writing, and the RPG-side leaning more into weapons, than your character.

I've yet to read the previews.

I'm still so glad this can all be played in first person. The animations look nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.