• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Android Sophia

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
CYBERPUNK 2077 RESETERA OFFICIAL THREAD
Tom Marks, IGN: Cyberpunk 2077 kicks you into its beautiful and dazzlingly dense cityscape with few restrictions. It offers a staggering amount of choice in how to build your character, approach quests, and confront enemies, and your decisions can have a tangible and natural-feeling impact on both the world around you and the stories of the people who inhabit it. Those stories can be emotional, funny, dark, exciting, and sometimes all of those things at once. The main quest may be shorter than expected when taken on its own and it's not always clear what you need to do to make meaningful changes to its finale, but the multitude of side quests available almost from the start can have a surprisingly powerful effect on the options you have when you get there. It's a shame that frustratingly frequent bugs can occasionally kill an otherwise well-set mood, but Cyberpunk 2077's impressively flexible design makes it a truly remarkable RPG.
James Davenport, PC Gamer: Cyberpunk 2077 remains a loving, faithful treatment of the genre, and one that constantly urged me to look for the silver lining in every shit-soaked gutter. Even if you can nosedive V into a life of crime and greed, the repercussions highlight what's possible in the relief of what you reject in favour of power and money. Cyberpunk 2077 is a game about close relationships, or if you're roleplaying a more coldhearted type, seeing what life is like at the top without them. I found it moving and life-affirming in the final moments, even in the face of near certain death and a relentless onslaught of bugs. I suppose it's an appropriate thematic throughline though: Cyberpunk 2077 is a game about V coming apart at the seams, in a city coming apart at the seams, in a game coming apart at the seams. Play it in a few months.

Carolyn Petit, Polygon: For elements like the inescapable dehumanization of trans people on imagery throughout the city to function as any kind of critique of transphobia, the game itself would need to create tension around those images by showing us humanized trans people navigating that world. But it doesn't. The result is a game in which transphobic players (of which there will be many) can just laugh at us by using the character creator to generate models they consider worthy of mockery and derision and by gagging at the Chromanticure ads they see everywhere, or perhaps by fetishizing the model while continuing to see trans people as objects of desire but not as full human beings. Meanwhile, we trans players are left wanting in its world for depictions that humanize us.

I can't deny that Night City wowed me with its scale, its verticality, and its sense of history. But I wish I could see people like me on its streets as something more than objects. I wish that the game's politics were more radical. Yes, I know I shouldn't look to a colossal game that was itself produced under exploitative labour conditions to lead the charge of anticapitalist liberation, but I wish the sparks of Johnny Silverhand's ideological rage got to burn brighter, that Cyberpunk 2077 felt more interested in envisioning new futures than in reminiscing over bygone glories. Neither its gameplay nor its narrative can imagine the bold possibilities that I find so central to the best of cyberpunk. But what it does offer is visions of people trying to make do and get by in a world that's trying to eat them alive, and sometimes those people get by with a little help from their friends. It's not the revolution I hoped for, but it's something.

Destin Legarie, IGN: If your only option right now is playing Cyberpunk 2077 on either of the base console platforms, I highly suggest you don't play at all until its many terrible performance issues are fixed. And if you've already bought it and had an experience similar to what I've described, you should absolutely get a refund if possible. The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions are simply not in an acceptable state, and it makes me sad to think that so many people are having their first Cyberpunk 2077 experience ruined this way – because when it works, it's a fantastic RPG.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Android Sophia

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
PLEASE READ BEFORE REPLYING

This game is highly controversial for reasons outlined here as well as within the opening post. A significant part the discussion in this thread is likely to revolve around CDPR's transphobia and transphobia in the game itself. That discussion must be given space here; there will be zero tolerance for trolls or agitators. Ignore these following guidelines at your own risk:
  • Do not dismiss or handwave concerns of transphobia or announce that they don't bother you.
  • If you respond to a member's concerns by telling them how much you love the game, you will be banned.
  • Avoid sweeping generalizations about people who enjoy the game.
  • Do not engage in personal attacks on other members, directly or indirectly.
  • Do not litigate the existence of this thread; you may be subject to a threadban.
  • This is not a spoiler free thread. Mark your spoilers.
  • Read this Cyberpunk 2077 Epileptic Public Service Announcement. Be careful with what images and videos you post for the safety of your fellow members. If we have to remove something, you will take a thread ban at minimum.
  • Attempting to find a loophole in these guidelines to violate their spirit will still get you banned.
This OT will consolidate topics like review metascores to cut down the number of threads on the game. Any thread about Cyberpunk 2077 beyond this one must be exceptionally newsworthy or have practical value. If you're uncertain as to if a thread should be made, please consult a mod captain before making that thread.

No warnings will be issued in this thread. Consider these guidelines your only warning.

These rules may be subject to change. It is your responsibility to keep up with these guidelines at all times.

Last edited:
PC Performance

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
PC PERFORMANCE STUFF

🧰 Latest drivers: (as at 24/02/2022)
AMD: 22.2.2
Nvidia: 511.79

🖥️ System requirements:
Minimum said:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K or AMD FX-8310
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 or AMD Radeon RX 470
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 70 GB available space
Additional Notes: SSD recommended
Recommended said:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 or AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
Memory: 12 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 or AMD Radeon R9 Fury
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 70 GB available space
Additional Notes: SSD recommended

(See this page for more detailed information.)

📊 Benchmarks:
Guru3D (English; launch build)
PC Games Hardware (German; launch build)
PurePC (Polish; launch build)

📊 Performance guides:
Digital Foundry (English; launch build)
Tom's Hardware (English; launch build)

🎩 Tips and tricks:
⚠️ Important ⚠️ said:
Due to the size and pace of the thread, I will not be occasionally combing through it to isolate fixes for issues, so please heed the
icon_warning.png
advice below.
Cap the frame rate/potentially improve frame times: Download RivaTuner Statistics Server (if you use MSI Afterburner, then you already have it installed), input your desired framerate limit in the "Framerate limit" box, and hit Enter . Alternatively, those with an Nvidia GPU can either cap the frame rate at the driver level via the Nvidia Control Panel (requires the 441.87+ drivers) or use Nvidia Inspector to force a vsync internal lower than one-half (click the small tool icon to open the game profile section).
Note: Useful if your system can't maintain, say, 60fps and you're sensitive to the wild fluctuations, or you're experiencing uneven frame times. The greater window the engine has to render a given frame, if you're imposing a lower frame rate than the game can otherwise provide, may also help in alleviating stuttering related to data streaming.
Improve CPU utilisation on AMD-based systems: Follow these instructions. (Credit to yamashi @ GitHub via Mórríoghain.)
Disable aim acceleration/mitigate motion sickness (for those using a controller): Navigate to Settings -> Controls -> First-Person Camera (Controller) -> Advanced Options and disable all settings therein. (Credit to Gallitin @ Old School Gamers via Smiley90.)

icon_warning.png
When posting your own tip/trick or something else you'd like to see here in the OP, be sure to tag my username (@GrrImAFridge), as this way I'll receive a notification. I may miss your suggestion otherwise.

⚙️ Graphics settings:
Quick preset: Custom; Low; Medium; High; Ultra; Ray Tracing: Medium; Ray Tracing: Ultra
Texture quality: Low; Medium; High
Field of view: 70 -> 100 in increments of 5
Film grain: Off/On
Chromatic aberration: Off/On
Depth of field: Off/On
Lens flare: Off/On
Motion blur: Off; Low; High
Contact shadows: Off/On
Improved facial lighting geometry: Off/On
Anisotropy: 1x; 4x; 8x; 16x
Local shadow mesh quality: Low; Medium; High
Local shadow quality: Off; Low; Medium; High
Cascaded shadows range: Low; Medium; High
Cascaded shadows resolution: Low; Medium; High
Distant shadows resolution: Low/High
Volumetric fog resolution: Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Volumetric cloud quality: Off; Medium; High; Ultra
Max dynamic decals: Low; Medium; High; Ultra
Screen-space reflections quality: Off; Low; Medium; High; Ultra; Psycho
Subsurface scattering quality: Low; Medium; High
Ambient occlusion: Off; Low; Medium; High
Color precision: Medium/High
Mirror quality: Low; Medium; High
Level of detail: Low; Medium; High
Ray tracing: Off/On
Ray-traced reflections: Off/On
Ray-traced shadows: Off/On
Ray-traced lighting: Off; Medium; Ultra; Psycho
DLSS: Off; Auto; Quality; Balanced; Performance; Ultra Performance
Dynamic FidelityFX CAS: Off/On
Static FidelityFX CAS: Off/On
Monitor: Self-explanatory
Vsync: Off; Equal to refresh rate; 1/2 refresh rate; 1/3 refresh rate; 1/4 refresh rate
Maximum FPS: 10fps -> 240fps in increments of 1fps
Windowed mode: Windowed; Windowed borderless; Fullscreen
Resolution: Self-explanatory
HDR mode: ???

Last edited:
OP
OP
Android Sophia

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thread is open. Everyone be on your best behavior, please. Let me know if I need to update the OP either by DM or tagging me.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
The bugs for the game are definitely pushing me not to play this game on launch. Any reason why CDPR forced developers not to show the game at all? I have not seen that happen before.

Aria

Nov 21, 2019
Anyone know any reviewers with lower end hardware? I meet the recommended spec (1060) but I'm tempted to buy something slightly meatier if I can't get at least 30fps.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
The bugs for the game are definitely pushing me not to play this game on launch. Any reason why CDPR forced developers not to show the game at all? I have not seen that happen before.
It's obvious they know the game is a buggy mess hence why no reviews for console versions and they are only allowing CDPR approved footage attached to reviews.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Let's hope this thread isn't going to be a disaster. Sending support to our Trans community.
Yeah, I didn't expect the PC version to be as buggy as reported. That's supposed to be the best version. The consoles versions' reviews are going to be interesting... Let's hope reviewers will play the game on base consoles and review it accordingly.

Katarn343

Jan 22, 2018
México - United States
Absurd that we haven't seen PS4 / Xbox One gameplay in any official capacity for a game that is launching in less than two days. I don't understand how they aren't being called out on this. A sizable portion of their playerbase is going to be playing on these consoles.

Oct 21, 2019
User Warned: Inappropriate terminology
Just pre-loaded on Steam - don't forget to do so fellow PCMR. More reviews are coming in with high scores despite all the bugs.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Absurd that we haven't seen PS4 / Xbox One gameplay in any official capacity for a game that is launching in less than two days. I don't understand how they aren't being called out on this. A sizable portion of their playerbase is going to be playing on these consoles.

I think those versions of the game may be a disaster until we get the full day one patch... and maybe still afterwards. But we'll see in a few days. Given I still haven't found a PS5, I'll be stuck on the base PS4 version if I buy at launch.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
It's sad that if this game had launched as a fucking bug riddled mess back in April, it would have done more harm to CDPRs reputation than its documented transphobia.

May 26, 2018
That seems like an understatement honestly. It honestly sounds worse than a Bethesda RPG in terms of its lack of polish.

Makes me think that those stories about the game being in actual development for, like... two years or so and languishing in pre-production for ages... all that..

That it was extremely true. It was basically nonstop crunch and we're looking at the product of countless hours of half-conscious work.

Aria

Nov 21, 2019
www.tomshardware.com

Cyberpunk 2077 PC Benchmarks, Settings, and Performance Analysis

We've tested Cyberpunk 2077 on a bunch of GPUs to see how it runs. Spoiler: It's very demanding.

PC Benchmarks. Apparently the pc version reviewed has denuvo in it? Also it doesn't have the day 1 patch.

Edit: Before anyone else panics. Just the review copy has drm. Not the public version.

Last edited:

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Makes me think that those stories about the game being in actual development for, like... two years or so and languishing in pre-production for ages... all that..

That it was extremely true. It was basically nonstop crunch and we're looking at the product of countless hours of half-conscious work.

I think you'd be surprised how often that happens with video games. Something is "in development" for a long time but the actual core development even on huge AAA games sometimes only happens over a few years.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
I've read this like 5 times and still don't know what you're asking.

Also there were a few reviews that talked about the transphobia stuff, the only one I remember was waypoint. Can someone link me the others, thanks.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
That seems like an understatement honestly. It honestly sounds worse than a Bethesda RPG in terms of its lack of polish.
That's a high bar to clear. I think it's worth noting TW3 had a lot of problems at launch as well. CDPR was able to rework the entire UI and get the game running very stable over time. Wouldn't be surprised if Cyberpunk follows the same path.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Seems like I'm gonna give this one a few weeks/months until the game is actually finished. I'm hearing that it's super buggy from reviewers I trust on Twitter, along with many who are dissatisfied with having to only use pre-approved b-roll instead of their own footage which presumably captures some of the aforementioned jank. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to get a little bit of money off on it, and potentially even secure a 3080 before it's patched to a reasonable state.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
From the spoiler thread story seems well written? At least when it comes to Johnny Silverhand.

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
Hey, TransEra. I hope you feel welcome to discuss the game with us, your input is and always will be extremely valuable. You have my sword and I love sharing this community with you all.

LastNac

Oct 30, 2017
So regarding ports, to be clear, there are no nextgen advantages until next year? Assuming I can play it on a Series X or PS5 via BC?

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really hoping my 1070 can get me 1080p 60fps at high settings. Was hoping to upgrade to a 3080 before release but I guess I can do that on a second play through if I enjoy it.

May 26, 2018
I think you'd be surprised how often that happens with video games. Something is "in development" for a long time but the actual core development even on huge AAA games sometimes only happens over a few years.

Hope some day we can find a healthier way to do this, outside of... restless super intelligent AIs making all our games for us.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
www.tomshardware.com

We've tested Cyberpunk 2077 on a bunch of GPUs to see how it runs. Spoiler: It's very demanding.

PC Benchmarks. Apparently the pc version reviewed has denuvo in it? Also it doesn't have the day 1 patch.
It seems the DRM is causing performance issues that will not be in the customer copy. So I think it is best to wait and see on release day how it runs. Which doesn't do me any good since I had this pre-ordered a while ago...

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Took me 10 minutes to pre-load on Steam with my connection. Now, to wait for the Nvidia optimized driver to drop. This will be the first game I really put my 3080 through it's paces. If it turns out it's too buggy, I may just play Control or Miles Morales instead.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, we're a few days from launch and CDPR have released very little official footage from the console versions, they won't send the press keys for the console versions, outlets were only sent a single key for the PC version, they were only allowed to show B-Roll during their reviews, and they can't show their own footage until the day before it releases.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I genuinely hope this thread goes well. Would like to be able to discuss the game in a place where bigotry is not tolerated.

www.tomshardware.com

Apparently CDPR told reviewers the DRM in pre-release builds caused performance loss. I think it will be anything major, but the removal of DRM + optimized drivers + Day 1 patch might make things a bit better on launch day.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Apparently there's a day one patch that has some PS5/XSX enhancements. What this means exactly is unknown, but there's apparently something.
It adds a performance/quality toggle. By some leaked footage, PS5 seems to run the game at a relatively smooth 60fps at the expense of visual fidelity.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Finally a worthy test for my new PC build.

Give me all the RTX and DLSS goodies.

dippa

Oct 29, 2017
Kotaku Australia had separate coverage as well (to go with Kotaku US).

The game has a delightful way of doling out more content, and it does so at a really satisfying rate. As your street cred improves, you find yourself getting more calls and text messages. Fixers you've worked for reach out: V's the only reliable solo in town. And other missions go back to your past. Playing as a corpo, someone from my Arasaka HQ days recognised me — the first person I had a proper conversation with upon playing Cyberpunk 2077. Over 30 hours in, they needed help. It was enough time that I'd forgotten about them completely, but not so far into V's dilemma that I didn't have enough time to pull on that plot thread.

But you can mainline the story without doing any of these, if you feel so inclined. I chose not to do that, saving the ending for a later date because a world like Night City is pointless if not explored. Games like Cyberpunk 2077 were not designed to be binged on the first run. They're meant to be savoured, appreciated, and taking that extra time to listen and investigate also reveals more of the city's true character.

Not all of Cyberpunk 2077's character, though, will appeal to everyone. If you're looking for a city that lives up to the true ethos of cyberpunk, Cyberpunk 2077 might lack some of the maturity in places for your taste. Cyberpunk's world certainly advertises brutality for all, but I haven't enjoyed the way the game's core missions — and the biggest side quests presented in my run — dolled out that brutality almost exclusively to women. There's a logic here: it's the cities sex workers, the homeless and the poor that are always ripe for the most exploitation, but I'm still waiting for Cyberpunk to say something meaningful about it all, instead of leveraging their misfortune as set dressing.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
That seems like an understatement honestly. It sounds worse than a Bethesda RPG in terms of its lack of polish.
Yeah, definitely worse. I've read in one review that pretty much every quest seems to be bugged in some way, and there are a ton of immersion-breaking glitches and bugs in the world. I'm honestly surprised. The Witcher 3's PC version was pretty good at release, nowhere near as buggy as the consoles. If the PC version is that bad...