• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Do yourself a favor and turn that CA and film grain off, there is no slider for them just an on/off switch and it's atrocious.

CA/FG ON:

onl6j5b.png

OFF:

offkzjzo.png
100% this folks!!! These settings are also on consoles...do your self a favor and turn them both off...there is also motion blur, I turned that off as well on console. On PC the motion blur as various levels you can set...on console it is on/off only.

Maxxor

Nov 11, 2020
Game looks pretty blurry by default on PC with DLSS, but once again the Nvidia Sharpen filter comes to the rescue. Still playing with the values, but have it at 70% (I usually don't put it this high) and it looks great at 4K on my C8

Uncle Fester

Banned
Sep 30, 2019
Is there still a day one patch coming for PlayStation or is it all ready to go? Mine unlocks in just over 3 hours and I want to jump right in.

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
10700k 5ghz all cores
1080 Ti with latest driver
32GB RAM
NVMe drive

Mostly medium with one or two low + high texture quality, 1440p.

60-70 fps but I'm still inside. Heavy game for sure.

Might just stick it to 1080p and up the settings, blurrier but more responsive. It's hard to play games at "only" 60 fps on a PC with M/KB nowdays. Will see.

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So here's my setup:

RTX 2060 KO Ultra
Ryzen 5 3600

I set everything to medium, Ray tracing on, DLSS set to performance. Hitting around 51-60 FPS, good enough for me.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone confirm whether the menus at the beginning are available in 21:9? Everything has black bars despite 3440xx1440 internal resolution and fullscren. Do I just need to get past character creation?

MrFortyFive

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It seems alright so far:

Playing on Medium preset (which is mostly High + afew Medium) with all the screen efx off - 16x anis and im hitting 60 fps easily on my 1070 and 3770k at 1080p.

Fuck, there's no internal downsampling? What is this, 2036? Cmon CDPR...

Now i'm forced to use custom resolutions which make shitty blurry af.... if anyone finds a workaround, pls post.

Also let's get them PC tweaks going.
These are my specs PC exactly. You're getting a consistent 60FPS at 1080p on medium? That seems better than what I'm seeing with similar setups. Really torn whether I should go with the pc version or a BC console version on the series X.

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Do yourself a favor and turn that CA and film grain off, there is no slider for them just an on/off switch and it's atrocious.

CA/FG ON:

onl6j5b.png

OFF:

offkzjzo.png

This looks obscenely good either way. As much as I'm still really conflicted about this game, I think John @ Digital Foundry was absolutely right about them underselling how good the game looks.

Edit: The more I look at this, it might be the first time I turn off CA. I'm usually staunchly in favor of CA and grain as artistic choices and I've loved most modern implementations, even in stuff like Bloodborne, but this looks so incredible without it. Seems like the CA implementation is a bit sloppy and overdone.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
1440p@60 quality still processing, but this is at probably the heaviest part of the game so far for me. Stuck above 60fps basically (0.1% low 16fps at the start is me starting the recording).

https://i.imgur.com/2n01VAi.png settings here

GPU: GeForce RTX 3080
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor
Memory: 32 GB RAM (31.93 GB RAM usable)
Current resolution: 2560 x 1440, 144Hz

My CPU cooler is duff, have a replacement here but can't fit it until I get a new backplate.. so my CPU performance is probably limited somewhat due to high temps.

RT enabled?

Olrac

Oct 26, 2017
California
So, I'm a 3080, ryzen 3900x, basically a brand new rig built in the last month. I've been playing for the last hour now (damn you character creator) and I have to say that so far, I am not impressed at all with the graphics. I downloaded the latest driver and am running at the optimized settings. I'm on an LG 1440p monitor (LG-27GN850-B) and I just feel underwhelmed. Also, I can't seem to enable HDR. Anyone else feel the same or also having an issue with HDR?

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
first bugged quest, cant do the option stealth tutorial as corpo, doesnt recognize that i tagged all the targets. Trying past autosaves now but it looks like ill just have to skip the tutorial completely

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
Played for an hour and a half, loving it so far! It is a bit blurry yea but I didn't change any settings at all, it was all maxed out pretty much so I just left it and wanted to play. Got between 55-90 fps depending where I am, on 1080p with a 3070. (DSLL and Raytracing on)

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I have a 3080 but will probably play with RT off for now. The DLSS looks weird and the game is beautiful enough without RT.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Am I missing something or is there no PS5 retail version at all? I'm sure there's a smart upgrade but I really didn't want to bother adding a new PS4 disc to my collection over a PS5 one.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
5700xt, 3600 & 16gb ram with the game installed on my SSD and I'm getting around 50-70 fps with everything set to ultra at 1080p.

I can't find any AA options though and the image quality is honestly soft af at 1080p, almost looks like 720p. So with AMD's Radeon Sharpening maxed out it just starts to look a bit closer to native 1080p.

As far as the graphics are concerned I honestly don't think it looks much better than the PS5 and XSX versions with BC, I mean the overall detail looks slightly better and the volumetric lighting is actually noticeable now but besides that without RT it just sorta looks... fine I guess?

Oct 25, 2017
Started a Corpo file on Stadia (the free service). Performance on my end is not what it usually is on Stadia, despite reports from others that it looks quite nice at 60fps, but it could be the connection on my end during peak hours. I'll have to test further.

Combing over the game settings, though, one thing jumps out at me immediately: no rotation lock for the minimap, seriously?

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
So, I'm a 3080, ryzen 3900x, basically a brand new rig built in the last month. I've been playing for the last hour now (damn you character creator) and I have to say that so far, I am not impressed at all with the graphics. I downloaded the latest driver and am running at the optimized settings. I'm on an LG 1440p monitor (LG-27GN850-B) and I just feel underwhelmed. Also, I can't seem to enable HDR. Anyone else feel the same or also having an issue with HDR?

Game kind of looks like trash to me. RTX is alright but kills performance. DLSS introduces so much artifacting in motion.

Coming from recent PS5 games, it's extremely underwhelming. The fact that the game runs worse at 1080p than a beautiful game like Spider-Man does at ~1440p/60 with a 2070 Super is pretty disappointing.

bing

Banned
Apr 27, 2020
nowhere, canada
I have no idea what's going on right now -- I have a 2080 super and a Ryzen 5 2600, but I can't get higher than 45 fps. By the looks of it I'm not CPU bottlenecked either. Any suggestions?

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Am I missing something or is there no PS5 retail version at all? I'm sure there's a smart upgrade but I really didn't want to bother adding a new PS4 disc to my collection over a PS5 one.

There might be when they release the PS5 patch? Would give them additional sales boost and they'll likely sell it for more since they can.

rucury

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
2060 performance? I'm at work and I'm so paranoid it'll run like shit on the high preset....
I hover around 55-75fps on 1440p High will DLSS Balance. RTX is out of the question for me, under 50fps is too low for my taste.

Asus RTX 2060 Dual
Ryzen 3900X
32GB DDR4-3600
Installed on Corsair MP600 PCIe 4.0 SSD

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Maaaaaaan, this pisses me off so much. This game would be so god damn beautiful on Xbox Series X if it wouldn't have this gigantic raised black problem.
It's everywhere, it's probably the biggest I've seen so far in a HDR game. It's a gigantic gray/green veil over everything and it's so washed out it's ruining the game. These scenes here are supposed to be dark/black believe it or not.

9bda2a40-2abf-45bb-8ab7-58c0793bd00a.png

7802c2b1-54c4-4b2e-9ce8-9aba8afc5403.png

I started to lower my f'n brightness on my LG C9 again from 50 to 45 to make it look good again, I can't stand this shit.

Even in scenes like these you can see it so badly. It ruins the photo mode too. This scene looked so good with my TV on 45 but in reality it's raised black garbage again.

9cf57bc9-58c2-4861-8c0d-d65b36e6b00c.png

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
No it was not shattered, not even for today. CSGO had just over 1 million concurrent at some point today, as your picture shows.
he probably meant today, right now
God the ps4 base version is something else, the pop in and low assets are so distracting
And the framerate isn't that great either
I didn't expect it to run like that :/
just fyi, day 1 patch hasnt dropped for Playstation users, on launch

Plum

May 31, 2018
Judging from this thread, I'm kind of glad that I'm not worrying about running the game on PC. I'll get the game for Christmas (hopefully! I have asked nicely lol) and, whilst the BC-on-Series-X version won't look the absolute best it could possibly be, I at least won't have anxiety over stuff like RTX, settings, framerates, etc.

Then in a few years time when I have a new PC (it's inevitable, but I'm waiting for life circumstances to change) I can do a playthrough on there whilst enjoying the best-possible graphics anyway.

I know nobody cares but sometimes I like to make these posts to help me with the FOMO and stress lol

erekiddo

Electric
Oct 25, 2017
Can not all items be picked up? I'm confused why non-interactable items would have an icon.

unknown.png