• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Epileptic PSA: There are reports that animations and flashing lights in this game can cause seizures. Read this article for more information

Why is there controversy surrounding CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077?

CD Projekt Red has a history of transphobia. This is well documented at this point and not a matter of debate. Due to this context there is particular concern about transphobic or insensitive content in Cyberpunk 2077 itself, such as the decision to tie gender to voice in the character creator, and trans fetishization in illustrations in the game—and these are just examples from prerelease footage. Additionally, there have been concerns about racist imagery and stereotyping. This article goes into depth about some of these issues.

What incidents of transphobia have occurred surrounding the game and the company, and why are they hurtful?

This list will be updated over time as more examples come to light, especially as the game releases and more content is uncovered. If you wish to have something added to this list, please send me a DM and get my attention.

Why is ResetEra allowing an official thread for this game?

There has been a lot of discussion about whether there should even be an official thread for Cyberpunk 2077, and many points of view were considered for this decision. Ultimately, a thread like this can serve as a platform for minority concerns to be aired and discussed respectfully, and given appropriate attention. We've also heard from minority members, including some trans members, who have asked for a space where they can talk about the game without needing to worry about trolling and bigoted posting. We expect all posters in the thread to extend the consideration and empathy to give them that space. We will be moderating as strictly as necessary to make sure they do.

What can I do to help fight transphobia?

Transphobia exists in many aspects of our lives. From casual discrimination such as the continuous misuse of a person's preferred pronouns, to more serious ramifications such as housing being denied, legal rights being taken away, and being discriminated in the legal system. Every trans person either has experienced transphobia in their lives, or will experience transphobia at some point.

Moreover, transphobia is a systematic issue that is present in every level of our society. Politicians fight to take away our rights. Celebrities use coded language and religious justifications, if not outright hostility, in order to continue to deny our existence. Media continues to portray us as the butt of a joke, or acts like we're something to be fascinated by, rather than treated with respect.

Actions speak louder than words: Become active in your local politics, donate to transgender causes, stand up for these issues wherever they arise, and if you know transgender people in your life be there for them and support them.

Here are some pro-trans organizations around the world where you can make a donation and show your support
  • For those of you in the US, The Trevor Project is one of the leading LGBT organizations. They are dedicated to crisis intervention and suicide prevention for people who are in need of support, love, and care.
  • For those of you in the UK, Mermaids is dedicated to the support of transgender, non-binary, and gender-diverse children, young adults, and their families. They have been around since 1995, and have been one of the most vocal voices speaking out against transphobia in the UK, including showing the dangers that transphobia imposes upon our youth.
  • If you would like to donate to CDPR's native country of Poland, you can find the Trans-Fuzja Foundation website here. The Trans-Fuzja Foundation has been around since 2008, and is dedicated to the support of transgender people in Poland in many aspects of life and society, including politics.
We are your friends. We are your family members. We're your coworkers. We're the people you meet on the street. We're the essential workers who keep society running in a pandemic. We're everywhere. We're not some sort of freak or joke, and we're not going away.

I want to give major thanks to Uzzy for lending her talent, time, and effort in putting together graphics and material for this official thread. Without her, this would not have been possible on such short notice. I would also like to give a shout out and thanks to Kyuuji for allowing me to use images and links from her own thread for this posts.

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
I'm finding conflicting information, is the day one patch available on Xbox yet, or was that the day 0 patch? Should there be a patch released tomorrow?

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Is anyone else with the GOG version having a glitch where V just becomes naked randomly during cutscenes and gameplay?... cause that keeps happening for some reason.

Olrac

Oct 26, 2017
California
Game kind of looks like trash to me. RTX is alright but kills performance. DLSS introduces so much artifacting in motion.

Coming from recent PS5 games, it's extremely underwhelming. The fact that the game runs worse at 1080p than a beautiful game like Spider-Man does at ~1440p/60 with a 2070 Super is pretty disappointing.

Yeah, I've been playing on PS5 too, so maybe that's it. If someone has a suggestion for setting for 3080, let me know. I just used optimize on GeForce Experience.

Plumpman

Jan 24, 2018
Anyone try this on GeForce now? GOG won't let me solve the Captcha and the two-step email won't send...
Can't even login to try it out!

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
GODAMN. this is a next gen game. Holy shit its so pretty! and it RUNS GOOD! even on my 2080 super. I am VERY impressed!

Nezacant

Oct 27, 2017
Game supports native 32:9 and looks great but the hud gets pushed to the sides of the screen. Doesn't seem to be a way to fix that at the moment.

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
These are my specs PC exactly. You're getting a consistent 60FPS at 1080p on medium? That seems better than what I'm seeing with similar setups. Really torn whether I should go with the pc version or a BC console version on the series X.
To be fair , my 1070 is overclocked to hell and back. i'd say its at 1080 levels...plus my 3770k is at 4.7Ghz.

Now im seeing about 55 fps in the first mission. So not 60 locked. Wouldnt be suprised if it drops below 50 too.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
My fucking god, 1 million players peak on Steam for a single player game with no DRM, i don't want to hear crying about piracy on PC ever again. This doesn't even count GOG sales.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My fucking god, 1 million players peak on Steam for a single player game with no DRM, i don't want to hear crying about piracy on PC ever again. This doesn't even count GOG sales.
Denuvo executives right now
giphy.gif

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
How's the game with lower end CPU's? Is it very CPU intensive?

Stuck with an 2700x right now, MSI already dropped the BIOS update but it's impossible to find a 5000 series.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
I feel I am doing a disservice to the game by not playing it on a 3000 series card. Even then it still looks better than basically anything else out. Can't imagine how great it would be truly maxed out.

I want to know what anybody else's settings are for a 1080ti on a top tier 1440p monitor. Gsync, etc, all that jazz.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
What are your settings and CPU?

1440p. mix of high and max. rtx on. medium rtx lighting getting around 55-60 fps. its very playable. performance dlss is just fucking magic. It looks crisp but its actually running a much lower resoultion. I am super impressed they were able to get it running as well as it does.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This. I play with a controller from my couch and really would like to disable the launcher playing on Steam.
It's possible to control your mouse with a controller so long as Steam is running. On an Xbox controller, hold down the Xbox guide button and move the right stick. Hold the guide button and press the right shoulder button to do a left click.

If your controller is wireless, holding down guide for a few seconds turns off the controller so you'll have to be careful.

But yeah, screw launchers.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus my 1070 is struggling on 1440p, Medium settings and just gets 30fps, also the start of the game when you enter Night City is....
Not a fan of the montage of you entering the city and meeting NPCs, I rather that be my first introduction now there are a bunch of characters im supposed to know and be friendly with and yet I personally have not interacted with them.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Any idea which settings affect performance the most? I was doing well in the intro bit with my 3080 but now that I'm in Lizzie's the framerate is sitting in the 40s...

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else losing footstep sound effects pretty often on series x? Have to load up a save to get them back.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
GODAMN. this is a next gen game. Holy shit its so pretty! and it RUNS GOOD! even on my 2080 super. I am VERY impressed!
What are your settings and CPU?
This

Any idea which settings affect performance the most? I was doing well in the intro bit with my 3080 but now that I'm in Lizzie's the framerate is sitting in the 40s...
Im told volumetric fog is a big one other than the obvious ones like ray tracing and if you are using the ultra settings for everything else.

Cant confirm myself tho.

romey

Mar 2, 2020
Jesus my 1070 is struggling on 1440p, Medium settings and just gets 30fps, also the start of the game when you enter Night City is....
Not a fan of the montage of you entering the city and meeting NPCs, I rather that be my first introduction now there are a bunch of characters im supposed to know and be friendly with and yet I personally have not interacted with them.

What CPU are you using. It's a shame the 10 series is struggling with this game. It's a great card.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the Xbox One footage from IGN, it looks like an absolutely terrible experience. Really impressive that they made it work, but yeah, I'll wait for the next-gen patch.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Game's pretty fun so far after 2 hours (Nomad path). Very immersive and all.

But I'm not really "blown away" yet. I've seen lot of minor but noticable glitches, npc's voices are hilariously bad, and
the graphics are very impressive at night but day time the pop in is quite noticable especially while driving. Playing at 1440p nearly maxed out.

I'm surprised how good the driving feels, very similiar to GTA 5. However, on foot movement is pretty damn janky. Too early to call gunplay, guess its very stat dependent, but its better than I expected

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
There might be when they release the PS5 patch? Would give them additional sales boost and they'll likely sell it for more since they can.

Guess I'm in the wait for next-gen physical boat because I don't feel like purchasing last gen games anymore. I'm sure the difference will be marginal and it'll still perform well on PS5 but that additional PS4 case will bug me lol

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
God this game looks great when you hold the camera still but absolute shit in motion. Unlocked FPS with DLSS auto, I guess it could be the DLSS. Really looking forward to the DF breakdown on the best way to play this.

I'm sort of looking at running it at 30 with motion blur all the way off. The camera movement still looks bad but it's not this hazy weird murkiness that you get with DLSS (I'm guessing DLSS 'auto' turns it on and off as needed?). But I'm guessing the shooting sections will be awful like this. Then again this game is running at 30 on consoles.