• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dries

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
I'm just day dreamin' about the lore and I was wondering what the average age expectancy would be in the in-game lore. Does anyone know if this is mentioned in the 2020 source books? Talking about death of old age by natural causes ofc. You would imagine the medical world had also advanced by 2077 right.

((watching Altered Carbon right now where people are 250 years old lol (but are also pretty much immortal so yeah...))

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
I'm just day dreamin' about the lore and I was wondering what the average age expectancy would be in the in-game lore. Does anyone know if this is mentioned in the 2020 source books? Talking about death of old age by natural causes ofc. You would imagine the medical world had also advanced by 2077 right.

((watching Altered Carbon right now where people are 250 years old lol (but are also pretty much immortal so yeah...))

There is way to extent ones natural lifespan considerably if you have money for necessary augmentations, so pretty much only wealthiest and most powerful corpos would have access to so advanced medical tech.

As far I know there is no immortality in CyberPunk universe, at least not type that lets you hold on to your body. CP77 after all explores immortality of persons... soul? in digital form (e.g. Johnny Silverhand).

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017

I wonder if there are any dragons or goblins in this game because the idea that this would be a chart-topping artist is pure fantasy.

That is still some weak shit imo and not something that Rockerboy like Johnny would use to herald on revolution, awake masses etc.
Johnny Silverhand is supposed be a mainstream artist. I can't imagine properly revolutionary music being allowed on the radio in the corporate future dystopia of the faraway year 2013, and beyond.

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Just a thought. The Witcher 3 had a new area to explore after you finished the main campaign, right? I remember there being something like that. If not, Red Dead Redemption 2 definitely had something like that. But anyways, what if they did that here?

As of right now, we currently have:
  • Night City (six areas, plus space station and sewers)
  • Ocean (said to be explorable)
  • Badlands (desert)
  • The CyberWorld (I forget the name, but you see it in the 2019 gameplay)
  • The Moon (there's a space station for a reason)
There's one thing that is missing from any promotional material, any gameplay, any trailers, etc. It's obvious when you think about it for more than a second.

Trees or nature. Nowhere to be found.

That got me thinking. What if the post-game of Cyberpunk 2077 takes place in some sort of rural area, going back to the old days where technology isn't needed, where there was no big corporations or med teams or cybernetic enhancements. You could go back to Night City whenever you wished, but you could stay here and do some sidequests and build a house and stuff like that. Build a life.

Again, just a theory. But it's interesting to think about.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
They certainly aren't mind blowing or anything, but I think the Refused tracks have been solid. Either way though, it's only a small segment of the overall soundtrack.

Everything we've heard from the original score I've loved. Really excited for the digital soundtrack that comes with the physical copies.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
There's one thing that is missing from any promotional material, any gameplay, any trailers, etc. It's obvious when you think about it for more than a second.

Mostly because it doesn't exist.

Earth in Cyberpunk universe is after full and absolute climate collapse. Planet is more or less dead because corporations have stripped it clean.

Palm trees we have seen? Artificially produced. Animals? Artificially produced.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
I just hope this will be like bigger, prettier modern Deus Ex gameplay-wise. If I'm gonna have a lot of choices about how to approach and do a mission, I'm all in.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
any gameplay, any trailers, etc. It's obvious when you think about it for more than a second.

image_cyberpunk_2077-41005-2618_0004.jpg

image_cyberpunk_2077-41005-2618_0002.jpg

image_cyberpunk_2077-40937-2618_0003.jpg

Hc99AfG.jpg

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any animals in this game? Dogs, cats... Even some weird chimeras?

Well, in the lore, people can get these animal modifications called exotics (i.e. shark heads, cat tails). I'm not sure if they'll be available to players, but the lead quest designer hinted about there being a few NPCs with exotic modifications.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
Is anyone else just really tired of waiting for this game? Like, actually sick of hearing or reading about it, with so little information coming out and such a loooong tease? I think the game will be spectacular but man what a dangling carrot this hype-cycle has been.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Is anyone else just really tired of waiting for this game? Like, actually sick of hearing or reading about it, with so little information coming out and such a loooong tease? I think the game will be spectacular but man what a dangling carrot this hype-cycle has been.

It has been by the design that they had one major media blowout per year since re-reveal.

Game getting delayed knocked their plan off of it trajectory by several months hence now we are in this weird place where they really drip feed little bits of stuff. Even in few weeks should be very big for gameplay and info, based on what devs been hinting about event, and from there rolling marketing cycle to September.

I imagine at some point you will be wishing there was less info rolling out.

Braag

Nov 7, 2017
This is kinda how I feel. I get that they want to build up hype, but the drip feed approach is getting tiresome. Gladly we don't need to wait much longer.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018

marketing for this game just has been really bad aside from the 2018 demo
the delays probably didn't help with their marketing strategy but still

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
The marketing has felt weird because of the delay I think. For a while we've been getting nothing but product tie-ins like the controller, Xbox One console, SteelSeries headphones, external drive, etc. when everyone is anxious to just see the actual game. Since originally it would have been out for months at this point, so all these 2077-branded products dropping would have felt more natural.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
The marketing has felt weird because of the delay I think. For a while we've been getting nothing but product tie-ins like the controller, Xbox One console, SteelSeries headphones, external drive, etc. when everyone is anxious to just see the actual game. Since originally it would have been out for months at this point, so all these 2077-branded products dropping would have felt more natural.

It has nothing with delay. For example factions reveal was so bad, instead like 30-60sec gameplay videos of those factions and their environments we got Tweets with their logos and short description. All in-game OST they revealed was mediocre so far, hell even when they decided to show that in-game car they just posted compressed Twitter video.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
You will have about 3 times that much ways to solve a mission than in the Witcher 3. They thought "What is the dumbest thing a player could do now and how is it possible that the mission continues. The only thing stopping it is the players death. They called an example where you talk to someone, get shot and instead of fighting back you run away and buy a hamburger but the mission has to continue. (Does this mean eating is confirmed? I'm not sure)

BURGERS CONFIRMED

HYYYYYYPE

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Redditor listened to German sites "GameStar" podcast that had segment about CP77 with dev(s), highlighted some stuff: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/gycl3c/a_list_of_all_things_i_found_important_from/

Map design improvements, less POIs, multitudes of ways to complete quests, quests adapting to player behavior (e.g. you can just walk away and quest has to know how to react) etc.

-Inside of the Cyberspace you will be able to summon Phantasy-RPG-like creatures and warriors who can for example burn out another hacker.

Uhh, there's cyber-Pokemon I guess.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
It has nothing with delay. For example factions reveal was so bad, instead like 30-60sec gameplay videos of those factions and their environments we got Tweets with their logos and short description. All in-game OST they revealed was mediocre so far, hell even when they decided to show that in-game car they just posted compressed Twitter video.
I was just speaking for myself *shrug*

I was fine with all the marketing up until this year. And all the product reveals would have made a lot of sense alongside the game launching in April.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Redditor listened to German sites "GameStar" podcast that had segment about CP77 with dev(s), highlighted some stuff: https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/gycl3c/a_list_of_all_things_i_found_important_from/

Map design improvements, less POIs, multitudes of ways to complete quests, quests adapting to player behavior (e.g. you can just walk away and quest has to know how to react) etc.

Nice!

Looks like the Youtubers playing obviously got delayed from the 8th to the 18th to accommodate the Night City Wire delay.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium

Sounds like music to my ears. Good to hear that they got rid of the generic PoI content and are focussing on choice & consequence.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Uhh, there's cyber-Pokemon I guess.

There's more on it a bit further down

This is a quote from a reporter who talked with a dev translated by me as good as I could.

...and especially what will be possible in this Cyberspace when it comes to depth and features, because the Cyberspace in Cyberpunk 2020 is a bit like Skyrim meets Tron.

There are weapons like in a fantasy RPG. That u can summon someone who burns out an evil hacker. He scorches his brain and the hacker topples over. Or that you throw fireballs and block them with shields.

So it sounds like a fantasy-RPG in a high-tech environment.

FoolsMilky

Sep 16, 2018
Old news but confirmation in case it was unclear to anyone. And the hopeful part of me would love to say that the restatement of the release date, even by Microsoft, is indication that there (likely) isn't another delay.

news.xbox.com

Xbox Series X: Buy A Game Once and Play the Best Version Across Generations with Smart Delivery - Xbox Wire

Here at Xbox, we’re building the future of gaming by putting players first and ensuring that you are at the center and in control of your gaming experience. Whether you’re exploring an expansive library of Xbox Game Pass titles with more than 10 million of your fellow gamers or taking your...

vex27zidc3551.jpg

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Old news but confirmation in case it was unclear to anyone. And the hopeful part of me would love to say that the restatement of the release date, even by Microsoft, is indication that there (likely) isn't another delay.

news.xbox.com

Xbox Series X: Buy A Game Once and Play the Best Version Across Generations with Smart Delivery - Xbox Wire

Here at Xbox, we’re building the future of gaming by putting players first and ensuring that you are at the center and in control of your gaming experience. Whether you’re exploring an expansive library of Xbox Game Pass titles with more than 10 million of your fellow gamers or taking your...

vex27zidc3551.jpg

They seemed confident in hitting the September date in last months earnings call.

I still wouldn't be surprised if they announced a very small delay (I.e weeks like Last of us 2). Must be a nightmare trying to finish the game with 800 people working remotely.

Dries

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
So guys, realistically, will the 3080/3080Ti be available on sep 17th? I'm kinda dependant on it. No way will my 1080Ti achieve 30 fps @4K with RTX on...

If the new cards are released say for instance, 2 weeks after sep 17th... that means I won't be playing Cyberpunk at launch.

giphy.gif

anyone else in the same situation?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
They seemed confident in hitting the September date in last months earnings call.

I still wouldn't be surprised if they announced a very small delay (I.e weeks like Last of us 2). Must be a nightmare trying to finish the game with 800 people working remotely.

They have been indicating that biggest thing missing is parts of VA for some languages, but they are very confident that they will get recordings done in time.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
So guys, realistically, will the 3080/3080Ti be available on sep 17th? I'm kinda dependant on it. No way will my 1080Ti achieve 30 fps @4K with RTX on...

If the new cards are released say for instance, 2 weeks after sep 17th... that means I won't be playing Cyberpunk at launch.

giphy.gif

Well, at least you're gonna get new cards before the game for sure now.

Dries

Banned
Aug 19, 2019

giphy.gif

Seemed like this figured itself out...

fuck, but also... yay? i guess

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Bullet points are not in order of Q&A, I put some stuff next to each other when made sense and my brain made connection :b

• They confirm that press is playing the game as we speak in order to produce previews for the next week, 25th
  • Previews will be released when Night City Wire ends on 25th
  • "Read the previews" was said so video unlikely from press? (my own speculation!)
  • Press playing the game for previews are "from around the globe"
  • Press has access to build that has character creation, starts from the beginning of the game and has time limit, but no limits on what they can do in the game. Build is lacking things like some of the story content as CDPR wants keep stuff under wraps. Build has bugs in. (commentary: so no spit polished vertical slice to play, that is good)
  • They are streaming game from PCs to press to play because of COVID prevents in-person events
  • They aren't worried about releasing so close to next-gen, confirming that backwards compatibility is possible on PS5 and XSX for the game
  • Game will run on PS4, PS5, XBO and XSX from day 1
  • Game will look better on next-gen consoles from day 1
  • Next-gen version is planned for 2021, "more robust update". Will be free of charge for those who own last-gen version
  • They expect next-gen consoles to release around same time, but they aren't worried about release titles creating competition for CP77 as release titles look to be different kind games
  • They keep being coy about number of expansions coming to the CP77, number of them will be announced "soon" as part of marketing campaign
  • Insisting that COVID and working from home situation aren't cause of delay, last stretch of development is just very demanding
  • They have seen increases in pre-orders of Cyberpunk 2077 every time some store that it has ran sale on other games
  • No plans for live events for the game at this time
  • CDPR doesn't do delays to try and reach arbitrary MetaCritic scores, they just want to release game when they feel quality is what they strive for
  • Multiplayer portion / version of the game is delayed proportionally to delay of CP77. CP77 is pushed back by X, MP part is pushed back by X
From call about delay https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2020/06/20200618_1900-cd-projekt.mp3

Last edited: