• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
First thing im gonna turn off is the film grain and chromatic aberration. If the IQ looks clean in performance mode i'll play at 60 fps but if not, im gonna go quality with this game

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Would it be a reasonable guess the next gen patch would add a "quality" mode with all enhancements at 30fps? or can we expect a visually upgraded performance mode as well?

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Would it be a reasonable guess the next gen patch would add a "quality" mode with all enhancements at 30fps? or can we expect a visually upgraded performance mode as well?

They are polishing up the visuals aswell in the day 1 patch, atleast Hollie said that in the latest PS video

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Textures looks not that great tho but the footage is pretty bad so who knows, but PS5 most likely are using the PS4 pro textures at launch :(

Mar 8, 2018
I'm not sure if it's the low quality of the videos themselves, but I feel decidedly "whelmed" by the visuals here. There's a cool aesthetic to be sure, but the technical fidelity doesn't strike me as at all outside the band of current gen expectations. Even when cleaned up and viewed on an actual console, I don't see this as doing a whole lot to push the boundaries of graphics. Still it's tough to make a call one way or the other right now, and there's the upcoming next gen patch to consider as well.

Soundtrack definitely slaps though.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure if it's the low quality of the videos themselves, but I feel decidedly "whelmed" by the visuals here. There's a cool aesthetic to be sure, but the technical fidelity doesn't strike me as at all outside the band of current gen expectations. Even when cleaned up and viewed on an actual console, I don't see this as doing a whole lot to push the boundaries of graphics. Still it's tough to make a call one way or the other right now, and there's the upcoming next gen patch to consider as well.

Soundtrack definitely slaps though.

Art is amazing tho so it will look good. I really fucking hope they'll nail the HDR in this game because if they do... my OLED is ready

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Sure, but the third person view was basically unplayable, and you barely saw your face anyway.

(Thinking of Oblivion and Fallout 3/NV, the only ones Ive really played)
Unplayable? It's definitely playable, 1st person is just more convenient for combat. I know people who play Bethesda games only in 3rd person just fine. It's not perfect, but it's there. You can easily see your character whenever you want.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Unplayable? It's definitely playable, 1st person is just more convenient for combat. I know people who play Bethesda games only in 3rd person just fine. It's not perfect, but it's there. You can easily see your character whenever you want.

Hmm, ok, to each their own. I always thought the third person mode was a broken curiosity, nothing more. I still got to see my characters potato face enough in the inventory screen

Muzzymate

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Textures looks not that great tho but the footage is pretty bad so who knows, but PS5 most likely are using the PS4 pro textures at launch :(

Yeah, I'm not judging texture quality **yet** until we have better quality video feeds. Though from what I'm seeing, game is looking pretty great overall.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, I'm not judging texture quality **yet** until we have better quality video feeds. Though from what I'm seeing, game is looking pretty great overall.

There are some laughably low quality pizza slices in the videos I posted

Sad to see we'll never again reach the days of the Battlefield: Hardline cheeseburger. Pre-order cancelled

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Reddit says these are some intelligence and reflex skills:

M0GToqm.jpeg

Could you post that please ?
I downloaded it from Reddit a few hours ago, let me find the post.

OP
OP
Azai

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Game looked great but the free roam gameplay - despite the grain - looked very dark with alot of bloom especially from the sky. I think a lot of details where missing in the video because of that.
Im pretty sure its the video though since non of the other gameplays looked that extreme.

OP
OP
Azai

Azai

Jun 10, 2020

I watched a video regarding map size where the guy measured the distance traveled by the time in the gameplay that was driven and the time it required. Then compared it with the map layout we have so far.

And the map seems to be between 60-80 km^2. Depending on what measurement he used.

Its a good but larger than GTA5 Los Santos in the smalles case and a good bit larger than The Witchers 3's whole Velen/Novigrad Map.

I didnt mind the smaller size because of them claiming that its more vertical.but from the impressions so far there seems to be almost non verticality. Even V's apartment building.

Madman009

Oct 27, 2017
Have their been any base ps4 impressions? I know its gonna be rough but its my only choice since I cant wrap my head around how to build a pc just yet and I'm not quite ready to go fist fight someone for a ps5 either.

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Something something multiple endings. My play through for this ending was 22 hours.

And wow. This particular ending gave me some fucking heartache. Little too close to home.

Status
Not open for further replies.