• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4021

Oct 25, 2017

"Did you just assume my gender" is a common joke by reactionaries mocking transgender people for having preferred pronouns, even though no one ever actually says this in real life. It's a derogatory stereotype.

Doesn't seem very promising for the game when the developers clearly don't have a clue what cyberpunk is actually about.

Last edited:

JehutyRunner

Oct 26, 2017
hoxNqSg.png

In case it gets deleted.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So for anybody keeping score, this is the second time in a month that someone running a CD Projekt Twitter account has posted bigotry-related content.

Maybe do a better job vetting your fucking social media people and stop posting dumbass 4chan shit.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4021

Oct 25, 2017
"Did you just assume my gender" is a common joke by reactionaries mocking transgender people for having preferred pronouns, even though no one ever actually says this in real life. It's a derogatory stereotype.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
Its a bit of a stretch to call that transphobic. Shitty misjudgment of a joke but I don't see what's offensive.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
Ah I see, thanks. Really shitty move.. hoping this came from some low level marketing idiot and doesn't reflect their broader culture.

boy am i disappointed by this thread so far
imo it isn't immediately clear what is offensive about the tweet based just on what is in the OP.

Oct 28, 2017
Oh cool, good to know one of the most acclaimed devs in the world has the senses of both humor and decency of a 14-year-old.

Nemo Skydog

Nov 2, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Dismissing Transphobia
Is this... transphobic? Really? Why? Yes I get their joke an no I don't think it's the funniest joke ever but hey, put down those torches and pitchforks for a moment.

OP
OP

Deleted member 4021

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. Why does this keep happening? CD Projekt need to get their shit together.
I mean it's probably because these things reflect the views of the people running CD Projekt. It's not really a surprise that a company with a horrible working culture would also have regressive views.

ueh19

Banned
May 23, 2018
User banned (permanent): Aggressive downplaying of transphobia, account in junior phase
THAT IS NOT TRANSPHOBIC

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Have to say I wasn't familiar with the meme before this. Last awful one I paid attention to was the Attack Helicopter garbage. So it's disappointing to see this, but I also learned something from this thread.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. If you're genuinely surprised/confused at how this could be considered offensive: consider yourself educated. This is a super-shitty and unfortunately super-common 4chan-level 'joke' that mocks trans people. Absolute garbage.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Even if you don't know why it's transphobic just ask "why is it transphobic?" so you can learn instead of saying "put down the pitchforks". Jesus it's not that hard to ask and learn so you can understand why it's offensive.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
William Gibson was right about this game. It's not cyberpunk at all, just GTA with a retro future skin.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
I mean it's probably because these things reflect the views of the people running CD Projekt. It's not really a surprise that a company with a horrible working culture would also have regressive views.
Or maybe the PR person is an idiot and/or has these views and tweets without thinking.
I'd rather not paint the entire company with the same brush.

Status
Not open for further replies.