• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jpnino

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
User Banned (Permanently): Defending transphobia. Account in Junior Phase.
Everyone needs to grow up. Shitty joke. Over the top outcry. Everything is going to be fine.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time I've ever seen someone call this joke transphobic. My non-binary and genderfluid friends consistently say this.

I'm not seeing what's offensive here, unless being a lazy joke is considered offensive. If someone could enlighten me as to WHY it's offensive that'd be nice

Edit: in the time it took me to write this on my phone a handful of posts went up that explain why.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Have to say I wasn't familiar with the meme before this. Last awful one I paid attention to was the Attack Helicopter garbage. So it's disappointing to see this, but I also learned something from this thread.

Yeah, it's competing for the most common shitty transphobic meme with the helicopter one.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
"I'm not familiar with this meme, but it's reaching and you guys and also it's a witch hunt too"

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
love how half of you could easily just have googled to find out why the joke is a problem but instead chose to be offended by someone taking issue with it

can't wait for this to be the topic of insufferable discourse for the week with people defending cdpr because they made the Witcher 3 and can't put themselves in trans ppls shoes

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (3 Days) - Dismissing Transphobia
Seems to be a innocent joke. I dont see why we need the drama about it. We need to stop to act like its the end of the world

MattWilsonCSS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CDPR needs a better social media manager, between tweeting this transphobic shit and LITERALLY TWEETING A GAMERGATE MEME

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rubbing my crystal ball and predicting a lot of red banners in this thread followed by angry whining on other forums

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time I've ever seen someone call this joke transphobic. My non-binary and genderfluid friends consistently say this.

I'm not seeing what's offensive here, unless being a lazy joke is considered offensive. If someone could enlighten me as to WHY it's offensive that'd be nice

It's mocking trans people for being upset when they're misgendered.

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its a bit of a stretch to call that transphobic. Shitty misjudgment of a joke but I don't see what's offensive.
It's transphobic.
Is this... transphobic? Really? Why? Yes I get their joke an no I don't think it's the funniest joke ever but hey, put down those torches and pitchforks for a moment.
I'm glad it doesn't concern you enough to concern you to post some hand waving shit. Just because it doesn't bother you doesn't it make it not hurtful to others.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
You know, there was some dodgy commentary around The Witcher 3, not even necessarily from CDPR, that the game being pretty exceptional made mostly fairly easy to put out of mind. Fine.

But now they're just going all in with putting their foot in their mouth for CP2077. Like, we're inching closer to The Last Night by the month.

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely transphobic. Did CDPR come out against GamerGate? I don't think they did, really. TW3 not exactly a fount of diversity either.

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is fucking infuriating. Get a clue people. Being this obtuse is why nobody takes era as some liberal bastion seriously.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Okay maybe they are ill educated like myself, I thought Transgendered people say this to people who get their gender wrong, as I swore I saw someone on Twitter using it who was Trans themselves and they were telling off a Cis Male

I did not realise myself, it's actually an insult.

If not and the Cyberpunk Devs are fully aware then shame on them :( they should know better.

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
User Banned (1 Day) - Downplaying Bigotry
Might be a joke in poor taste, in this climate. But bigotry? I don't know about that. I guess in our more sensitive age what constitutes as "bigotry" ever expands.

But you know what would be interesting, seeing that Cyberpunk is about transhumanism and there's a character creator: letting us create a transgendered character. Choose a gender but allow all kinds of body and clothing options independently. Wouldn't be out of place in that world, I'd say.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
Excited for the game but yeesh this is a bad tweet, it's a joke that panders to transphobic attitudes and Cyberpunk as a genre should be very open to body autonomy. I know the Marketing team probably doesn't reflect the game itself but this definetly doesn't inspire confident.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah everything is offensive now. People dig everywhere now to get offended
Seems to be a innocent joke. I dont see why we need the drama about it. We need to stop to act like its the end of the world

Maybe those of you who don't know this is an extremely common transphobic meme could defer to those that do before you start whining about anyone daring to take offense to it.

It's like 12 year old edgelord shit spouted by 4channers. Let people be bothered by it when it's said by someone representing a game that's supposed to be progressive by the definition of it's fucking name.

Seda

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
some of you really should try to befriend people who are trans

Yukiko™

Oct 25, 2017
really good job everyone saying it's nothing

this is really low tier humor

it's absolutely unnecessary stuff from a public company

being trans I don't let this kind of shit get to me anymore but it's disgusting that it still happens

Ubiblu

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
User banned (permanent): Mocking the LGBT community over transphobia concerns
It's not enough to just offend a single individual in 2018; reasonability and scope of impact has to come into it.

'!?' does not denote tone or intention, only one's interpretation. Nothing to see here.

If anything, the LGBTIQ2S+ community is actually being factored into popular culture and discourse.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
lol, thats actually kinda clever and humorous.

It's one of the most common transphobic jokes going currently, so yeah, really "clever".

Okay maybe they are ill educated like myself, I thought Transgendered people say this to people who get their gender wrong, as I swore I saw someone on Twitter using it who was Trans themselves and they were telling off a Cis Male

I did not realise myself, it's actually an insult.

If not and the Cyberpunk Devs are fully aware then shame on them :( they should know better.

The entire point of the "joke" is mocking people for being upset at being misgendered.

Status
Not open for further replies.