• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 64002

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2020

So this happened on Twitter and I'm just speechless that the Twitter account is so clueless to what the actual problem with this is. I had to make a thread about this because this is absurd and once again three years later whoever is running cd project reds Twitter account is still being a shitty person.

Honestly I can't wait for their Twitter to criticize us for the voice thing next I mean come on it's so blatant at this point. Like I wanted to enjoy the game but as a trans person I can't really engage in a game like this when I'm locked into two voices to choose my gender or the valid criticism of the lack of vagina options after you made different penis types (and if they can't get this then the social commentary in the game will probably be not very good either.) Like it's one controversy after another...

Some clarification
So basically what happened was some reviewers were disappointed by the customization options with genitalia when penis options had multiple settings while vagina options got just one. This lead to some backlash and PR came out made things worse this pissed people off and now their cracking jokes about it on Twitter.

Why this is bad?
its bad because it's been a long-standing tradition that there is one sole perfect vagina in media when this is clearly not the case and just reinforces the stigma. Also the tweet itself is childish.

Last edited:

Booshka

Banned
May 8, 2018
Colton, CA
Oof is this a terrible community management team. Appealing to the shitlords on the internet is an awful idea and pretty revealing to how toxic CDPR are.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I already commented in the other thread to this but this one feels even worse than the others. It's like they fired their white nationalist running their twitter and replaced him with another.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
What a bunch of idiots. Where's that "nevermind, don't take my money" gif when you need it.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
who publishes for them

this has to have them losing their shit

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
CD Projekt's Head of Communication took the job a year ago (moving from PlayStation) and must be regretting it now.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Just fire the horrible social media guy and delete the random comments they've been making, doesn't fit the game at all, it's an account for advertising.

Exit Music

Nov 13, 2017
This kind of shit is such a turn off from a company's official Twitter account. It's bad enough when it's just some dumbass Twitter user, but I don't know why they think they should ever make a comment like this.

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just so tired of all this bullshit. Up and down, oh they're bigots, oh it was a misunderstanding, blah blah. Unforced error after unforced error. This shouldn't be this hard, CDPR. I'm out.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
The social media PR for this game has been some of the most consistently self-damaging I've ever seen.

And honestly, the game itself sounds just as transphobic, especially if the whole "voice pitch determines gender" thing is indeed going to be in the final game.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
0e79qtzua0d11.jpg

Game will unironically be this

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
i didn't even realize the lack of vulva options had triggered backlash at all

in retrospect, it was dumb of me not to have given it much thought

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Am I the only one that seems to be missing why this is so particularly offensive? From what I've seen of the CP77 community, the fact you can customize genitals is largely seen as a positive feature. It's more a reference to the games' intense amount of player agency than anything else.

Which then folds into the gag of insisting FIFA 78 would be a bad game if it didn't have customizable genitals.

Obviously their social media accounts have posted some real bullshit in the past, and I'm not excusing any of that.

I'm just lost as to why this tweet in particular is threadworthy.

Edit - Had a few people answer this for me. In a nutshell, the tweet appears to be referencing an ongoing controversy wherein the game's character creator only has a single vagina option. Thus by making a gag of the concern, it illustrates they are both aware of the complaints - and actively laughing at them. Thanks for the explanation.

Last edited:

-COOLIO-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
aren't there just two penis options for cut/uncut? it's not like you could have a circumcised vagina option.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Am I the only one that seems to be missing why this is so particularly offensive? From what I've seen of the CP77 community, the fact you can customize genitals is largely seen as a positive feature. It's more a reference to the games' intense amount of player agency than anything else.

Which then folds into the gag of insisting FIFA 78 would be a bad game if it didn't have customizable genitals.

Obviously their social media accounts have posted some real bullshit in the past, and I'm not excusing any of that.

They're treating the whole thing like a joke, because that's what it is to them.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Buy everyone, it's just a rogue social media employee that goes against the company's values, despite this continuously happening for months.

Artdayne

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

It is making fun of trans, non-binary people who have had criticisms about the game.

OP
OP

Deleted member 64002

Banned
Feb 19, 2020
What the hell is going on with them?
Honestly I have zero idea at this point it's really really childish though

Multiple penis options one vagina option. The problem is the lack of choice and this idea that there is only one perfect vagina. It's mysogonisitc and shitty. That's why it's a problem.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I dont think this is that deep at first glance. Like the twitter thread isnt about criticizing the game or anything, its a dumb joke about EA and FIFA 78, to which someone replied with a joke about how it might have customisable genitals, and the twitter guy made a joke to that again.

Like the fact that the game has binary gender customization is terrible and there have been lots of bad statements the company has given out, but this feels like some dumb twitter joke with no deeper meaning behind it.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Honestly I have zero idea at this point it's really really childish though

Multiple penis options one vagina option. The problem is the lack of choice and this idea that there is only one perfect vagina. It's mysogonisitc and shitty. That's why it's a problem.
Ah. I missed the controversy about only having a single vagina option. That alters the context on this. Thank you for the clarification.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Do we even know that we'll see genitals so up close that more vagina options would even make sense? Had not heard about this complaint before

From what I heard is the penis also not customisable beyond circumcised or not

Deleted member 58846

Banned
Jul 28, 2019

Because they took legitimate criticism leveled at the game (which is about lack of player choice in the character creator when it comes to female genitalia) and dismisses the whole thing as a joke.
What makes this worse is they are making and marketing a cyberpunk game holy fuck. It's like they just think it's a cool aesthetic and have literally no understanding, not even a surface level one, of what cyberpunk really entails.

Ruisu

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Brasil
Honestly I'm still baffled by the choice to include genitalia in the customization options and then make it extremely shallow. Hell not even shallow, you just choose to have one or the other and if your dick has skin.
There's no need to go the ridiculous route like Conan Exiles, but if you're gonna include it seriously, they could at least give it some variety.

Oct 25, 2017
How long until someone comes in here and claims this is just one time and they should be given the benefit of the doubt