• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
They know exactly who they're courting with this lmao.

9c2af7bf-c691-4256-8b0jss.jpeg

e3554a02-04f7-4aa2-aipk7o.jpeg
So many people seem to furiously refresh the pages on this site whilst hating on it.

Either this is the most powerful gaming site or irrelevant.

Or I guess both ? Haha

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't get why they posted this. This wasn't a huge issue. It was mainly people scratching their heads, kinda disappointed. It's not some big social thing AFAIK.

This makes it an even bigger issue. What's the point? Being shit to women?

Won't be surprised if they saw an opportunity for dog-whistling to the usual crowd and they took it.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Honestly the whole genital option that they seem to have gone with seems to just be able to make joke or fetish characters and it probably would have gone so much better if they hadn't put a dong slider for it. And now they just making fun of trans people for criticising them. It honestly doesn't sound like they've consulted with any trans people at all.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm shocked that circumsised penises are ok with everyone around here, it's not. It's a fucked up practice on young boys.

People can get it done for medical reasons, too, and regardless that's a pretty horrible thing to say considering even those young boys still exist and don't exactly want their bodies to be "othered" because of something they had no part in deciding. I'm all for criticizing the practice but don't shame people who've had it done.

May 17, 2018
How much more evidence do we need to know that this game is going to be a monumental disappointment on literally every level?

bbg_g

Jun 21, 2020
This is a big yikes and you can definitely see the type of audience they're going for.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Their communication is at the very least embarrassing.
This reddit gamer identity despite helping with sales is ridiculous, and it's not even funny.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I mean, they could've quietly built in a few more "models" without inventing a twitter snafu. Like, ok, it's an early build? Maybe all the options aren't in yet? Seems relatively easy to accommodate for with a huge AAA team like CDPR.

There's a "no vagina" option too, so it's not like the system isn't built for modularity. Instead they act like this and now there's a feud.

Dang, man. CDPR needs to slap their online public relations team or something.
I edited my post because I think I misunderstood the customization options that are currently present in the game. Still, if they're going to make a thing out of customizing genitalia and voice, it's so dumb to ignore the demand for diverse options and double down on favoring narrow gender expression. At this stage they can't be unaware of what they're doing.

Agreed about their PR team. It's so unprofessional to antagonize people for bringing up valid concerns.

LeBigMac

Oct 26, 2017
People can get it done for medical reasons, too, and regardless that's a pretty horrible thing to say considering even those young boys still exist and don't exactly want their bodies to be "othered" because of something they had no part in deciding. I'm all for criticizing the practice but don't shame people who've had it done.

So you are saying we shouldnt condemn male genital mutilation because it might hurt some people's feelings? Sorry, but that's bullshit.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
There's only 2 penis choices, circumsised or not. I mean what the hell, what games even bother to offer an option?

What vagina options you wanted? Circumsision of the vulva? I don't think that would fly well..

I'm shocked that circumsised penises are ok with everyone around here, it's not. It's a fucked up practice on young boys.

It's not just done on young boys wtf is this? And yes i'm okay with my penis being represented, thanks for your concern.

bagomagik

Jan 8, 2019
Once I saw them replying to Elon Musk I realized their Twitter sucked. But this is a whole 'nother level of awfulness. Disappointing.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
So you are saying we shouldnt condemn male genital mutilation because it might hurt some people's feelings? Sorry, but that's bullshit.

1. It can be done for medical reasons. I know from experience.
2. I literally said "I'm all for criticizing the practice", I vehemently disagree with it myself, I just think it's extremely rude to essentially act as though it's some disgusting malformation when circumsized people in most cases had no say in getting it done. You can criticize something without othering those who have gone through it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 64002

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2020
There's only 2 penis choices, circumsised or not. I mean what the hell, what games even bother to offer an option?

What vagina options you wanted? Circumsision of the vulva? I don't think that would fly well..

Err that's not the vagina options we are referring too like I'm talking vaginal shape and folds. Like puffy,deep ECT.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
It's not just done on young boys wtf is this? And yes i'm okay with my penis being represented, thanks for your concern.
It's just what he said. It's a fucked up
practice on young boys who have no choice cause "their" religion (they didn't choose) dictates circumcision. If you, as a grown adult, decide or get prescribed it'd be better to be circumcised, be it, it's your choice.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Yo CDPR if you're reading this - everyone is wondering who the fuck is managing your social media accounts and how the fuck you keep letting this happen. Highly irresponsible and completely disgusting - do better, y'all are trash for these repeated incidents.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN

Condemn old and archaic religious tradition, but why to condemn medical procedure itself as it resolves medical issue(s) for some men?

Once I saw them replying to Elon Musk I realized their Twitter sucked. But this is a whole 'nother level of awfulness. Disappointing.

They also made fun of Kanye's 2020 bid and Musk's support of it as very bad thing.

Their social media presence is all over the fucking map in tone and sensitivity, more often than not doing shitty jokes like this.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
They know exactly who they're courting with this lmao.

9c2af7bf-c691-4256-8b0jss.jpeg

e3554a02-04f7-4aa2-aipk7o.jpeg

You know....the crazy part about Cyberpunk is I bet it'll have more SJW themes than TLoU2 yet I doubt it'll be review bombed lol

Regardless they need a new person on their social media and fast.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Yea they don't care anymore. A ton of people are still hyped for the game, and a ton of people still cape for them.

People need to stop acting like the social media person is giving them this bad image. It's who they are, and they're proud of it.

The gaming industry and communities are just filled with trash people.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
To be fair, in between the terrible social media posts, bafflingly clueless interviews and the actual transphobia in the game, CDPR has managed to completely destroy my interest in what was once my most eagerly awaited game.

Thankfully there's going to be lot of other companies competing for my money, so nothing of value was lost.

May 26, 2018
Yo CDPR if you're reading this - everyone is wondering who the fuck is managing your social media accounts and how the fuck you keep letting this happen. Highly irresponsible and completely disgusting - do better, y'all are trash for these repeated incidents.

I'm sure CDPR is reading this because, well, I think a lot of devs come here even if they don't post. That was the state of things at the previous site. But I'm guessing it'd have to be covered by a bunch of news sites for them to change it. It would have to become real public pressure as opposed to pushback from a gaming hobbyist forum.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, in between the terrible social media posts, bafflingly clueless interviews and the actual transphobia in the game, CDPR has managed to completely destroy my interest in what was once my most eagerly awaited game.

Thankfully there's going to be lot of other companies competing for my money, so nothing of value was lost.

Yup the move back to November has made it so Cyberpunk is an easy miss for me if they don't address any of this stuff (and I doubt they will in a satisfactory way.) Plenty of other games bound to be releasing around then if it's next-gen launch season.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
It's just what he said. It's a fucked up
practice on young boys who have no choice cause "their" religion (they didn't choose) dictates circumcision. If you, as a grown adult, decide or get prescribed it'd be better to be circumcised, be it, it's your choice.

Of course it's fucked, but I don't think it's problematic to have circumcised penises in the game, since there are people who do it willingly.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean live made it clear this point that they're trying to cater to complete fuckwits, if nothing else the pretense that they're actually going to pay any respect to and work on better representing trans people has completely gone out the window.