• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mashup of a lifetime?

• Hell Yes

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Perfect for Switch

Votes: 25 71.4%

• Total voters

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
3398500-cyberpunk2077-e3thumb-45.jpg

+

In this version of the game, Daddy Bigbucks plans to take control of the entire city, tear down all of the buildings and turn the town into a totalitarian world where its citizens are forced to pay for the most basic necessities such as charging for every time a Sim would breathe the air. There are three districts that can be unlocked upon completing certain sets of goals. Once the player has beaten the game, they are free to live in any of the houses or apartments so long as they have enough money, the most expensive and last to unlock being the penthouse in King's Tower.

The player also has the opportunity to change what type of person they are of the four: Richies, Artsies, Streeties and Nerdies. By getting a high rep with the leader of each group, the leader will give the player a list of goals, and upon finishing them all and getting the highest possible reputation with that group, will become part of them.

urbania.png

65472.png

xizzles.png

urbz_xizzles.gif

urbz_transitions.gif

urbz_ds.png

001249s04.jpg

kris_fat-cat.png

max-chickens.png

heavenly-body.png

polly-dictionary.png

1035802_orig.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Better mashup than Mario x Rabbids? Bigger than animal crossing? Discuss.
the-urbz-sims-in-the-city-20040715102735535-884535.jpg

Last edited:

MykonosFan

Oct 25, 2017
Make it so I can mash left on literally the first interactive screen of the game and go out of bounds as opposed to cleaning up bird poo, and we'll have a deal.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I played it so much on my DS. Damn, what a nostalgia attack.

OP
OP
Ghos

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah that game was legit great. Picked it up later on xbox thinking it would be the same and it totally wasn't and was worse.
Exactly. Rented the gamecube version expecting the handheld adventure in 3D but it was nothing like it. Completely forgettable.

Mochi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
I got stuck in this game but remember it well to this day. Really good game that scratched some kinda itch. Deserves a remaster imo. Also definitely think a cyberpunk version would be great.

rras1994

Nov 4, 2017
Will they ever make another game? it's been 5 years.
I personally like the games, but I also lost interest very quickly ever since Sims 3.
They will but they are prolonging this generation cus it's still selling well. And the community still has multiple DLCs they are still asking for.

sku

Feb 11, 2018
GBA Urbz was my shit. I don't understand what the mashup you're proposing would look like, but I'm hype for Cyberpunk 2077 too so why not.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Urbz for the GBA was amazing. The one on the PS2 was hampered by loading times, but it was still cool. I loved the art style.

I remember it getting bashed by the Sims community since they wanted something more rural--completely forgetting the fact that Bustin' Out on the GBA was a rural version of The Sims.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
...I actually really like the console version of the Urbz. I clocked a ludicrous amount of hours in it when I was a tween.

OP
OP
Ghos

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
GBA Urbz was my shit. I don't understand what the mashup you're proposing would look like, but I'm hype for Cyberpunk 2077 too so why not.

Isometric. high quality pre-rendered backgrounds. Cyberpunk theme. I'll even take hi-res spritework to match the originals.