• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Crazy how important it is for humans to achieve/see a certain number on a certain website.

"When it comes to Metacritic, we continuously aim at a 90+ game, so nothing has changed here; this remains the goal and, as Adam mentioned, this is actually the main reason for postponing the release," said Nowakowski. "We want to give the game an extra polish; we'd rather be slightly ashamed right now in front of you than be ashamed in front of the players once the game releases."​

Source: https://gamingbolt.com/cyberpunk-20...e-cdpr-wants-the-game-to-hit-90-on-metacritic

90 me if old.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably more lies from cdprojekt red, they love to lie. They lie about release dates, they lie about crunch. Good old cd projekt red doesnt just produce grand big video games. They churn out great big fat lies as well

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Lol it was guaranteed to hit 90 no matter what.

Influencers are also gonna treat this as the second coming of christ.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Well they hit this number with how many hours their employees are putting in a weekly so if anything they have that

JCADX

Oct 29, 2017
If Watch Dogs Legion can archieve 70+ on Metacritic despite having major bugs, overheating consoles or poor PC optimization, Cyberpunk can reach 90 without problems.

You can even guess the Metacritic score range of many upcoming games without failing.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Man I really hate what Metacritic did to the industry bro like I wish people just played games and formed their own opinion rather than look at metacritic and immediately write a game off.

People are putting numbers and metrics over enjoyment now.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
So they want the game to be reviewed on next-gen systems to prevent that MC drop with how bad the game runs on current gen.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Yea fuck this game and this studio. I was out a long time ago. Feel terribly for those employees.

Kazoku_

Oct 27, 2017
That Metacritic affects the way shareholders view a product, and therefore changes the "viability" of said product in their eyes, is regrettable. There are so many missed opportunitues because of this nonsense.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Sounds kind of prideful. Isn't The Witcher 3 their only 90+ game? It's not like they have this gold standard they hit every time.

dubc

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
What game was it in Blood, Sweat and Pixels that got the bonus if they hit 90 or above metascore? I only recall they got an 88 or 89 so no bonus.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
the lastgen version is 30fps and not 15-20, perhaps? I think the real issue is FPS on the ps4 base and xbox one base versions. WIth the Pro and X hitting the 30.

assuming this is accurate, would 3 additional weeks be adequate to reach 30 FPS with the base consoles? I certainly don't know enough about game dev to surmise either way

unless they think the game is an 89 right now and they are trying to just get over 90 I don't understand how three weeks could make much more of a difference

Raigor

May 14, 2020
This is what happens when devs and pubs care so much about metacritic and tie bonuses to numbers.

Absolutely disgusting

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
They were asked about their expectation by the stakeholders and 90+ signifies a high quality game. I think every developer aims to hit that.

Deleted member 10193

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I really hate what Metacritic did to the industry bro like I wish people just played games and formed their own opinion rather than look at metacritic and immediately write a game off.

People are putting numbers and metrics over enjoyment now.
Worst still is that publishers are basing the score on wether they are going to pay out bonuses or not. It's fucked up. Publishers force all these constraints on developers and then refuse to pay them bonuses when a game doesn't reach unrealistic expectations because of the constraints placed on the developers.

Status
Not open for further replies.